Atrocious Gun "Hell" and Kingsbridge

WestFarms36

On 9/19/2019 at 12:55 PM, MHV9218 said:

You should see the SI buses Manhattanville has inherited. Bodies are the worst I've seen in 20 years. Made worse by the fact that Yukon never painted replacement panels (they went under a wrap) so you've got grey primer all over the exterior.

Anything that has been transferred from Staten Island to another garage is always in bad shape. Over the years, I remember buses being transferred to the island to replace equipment and when it was transferred back off the island, it was not the same. RTS 9382-9416, 9418-9429 were good buses in Flatbush, then spent a year out at Yukon and  needed a lot of work when they were transferred to Ulmer Park. 

I am trying to remember if there were buses transferred from Staten Island to Manhattanville over the many years that I were on the island but I am drawing blanks. Most of the buses that were transferred from Staten Island went to either Brooklyn or Queens. If there were buses from Manhattanville transferred to Staten Island, they stayed there.

2 hours ago, Interested Rider said:

Anything that has been transferred from Staten Island to another garage is always in bad shape. Over the years, I remember buses being transferred to the island to replace equipment and when it was transferred back off the island, it was not the same. RTS 9382-9416, 9418-9429 were good buses in Flatbush, then spent a year out at Yukon and  needed a lot of work when they were transferred to Ulmer Park. 

I am trying to remember if there were buses transferred from Staten Island to Manhattanville over the many years that I were on the island but I am drawing blanks. Most of the buses that were transferred from Staten Island went to either Brooklyn or Queens. If there were buses from Manhattanville transferred to Staten Island, they stayed there.

Aside from the 3800s that were from both Yukon and Castleton that went to Manhattanville, not much else other than that.

• 6 months later...

I call this “lack of cleaning” or “half ass.” I know it’s not the TA’s fault but look at the riders and where they come from. Down where I’m at, when I take the bus to work, I see seats that’s filled with leftover plates, weed bags and cigar insiders near the back seat of the bus. Even the newbies are being abused with ratchetness. Something’s gotta give, you know.

#StaySafe #NonEssentialWorkersStayHome

Edited by FLX9304

On 9/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, paulrivera said:

A rider reported the bedbugs last year and the MTA eventually covered up the allegation, calling the report "irresponsible"

Bedbugs bunnies come from non washed clothes which can bring lots of 🧫 onto the buses especially if you are sitting in the backseat where they are generated by the heat of the engines. One person could be sitting in the backseat or the middle and don’t know that they have one until something Or someone tell him or her that they have a bug crawling on their shirt or jacket.