Select Bus Service Discussion Thread

Union Tpke

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

While were on the subject of the B44SBS.. Didn't know that a stop on Avenue R is now added..

I guess no more express between Kings Highway and Avenue U.

I'm guessing this takes effect either 9/9/18 or 9/16/18.

Source: https://www.kingscountypolitics.com/brooklyn-lawmakers-on-the-move-aug-28-2018/

Thoughts on the new B44SBS change?

The report in Kings County Politics that you have posted is a duplicate as kingscountypolitics.com reported it in members on the move  August 24, 2018 and posted here on this thread on August 25, 2018 by me.(Post # 1743). The reason that I bring this up at this time (and no harm was done by the duplicate post)  and I agree with you that the stop should have been added when Avenue L was added some time ago. The fact that it is being added (the dates that you listed are the same that appeared in one of the local weekly ethnic papers that I read on a regular basis) is a good move on the part of the MTA and is possibly related to Mr. Byford ordering a review of the necessity of the need for the stop.

This has also appeared this week in one of the ethnic newspapers that I read on a fairly regular basis. There is one reason why I will not give the cite for the ethnic newspaper that I read where this appeared and it can be summed up in two words: "Brooklyn Bus". The last time that I posted information on something that appeared in one of the local ethnic publications (it was on the B/82 and appeared in April 2018), i received a message from him asking for the cite. Knowing his motives and his love of getting his name in print, I denied it as not only was it inappropriate not only by me but by the publishers of these publications as they are not interested in what outsiders like him write or say as the publications are geared toward the particular community. The information that Future ENY op. posted appeared listing the same details  for it's readers and again I will not post the cite is for the same reason that I refused to give the cite in April 2018.

In a way, I can understand why duplicate posts occur here and after seeing about 60 posts after #1750 as Brooklyn Bus tried to "hijack" an informational post for our readers as by the time anyone has finally found the original post, he or she is exhausted.   If you look at the posts beginning approximately  with # 1750 you will be able to read his push for Kingsborough routing for the B/44 SBS which many of us  stated was wrong and posted remarks to indicate that we disagreed with him but yet he kept at it. When forum members  pointed out other possible scenarios, his responses to us  in many cases included  the word  "explain"  for what? and to explain to him? Why is he questioning us and what is his (possible hidden) agenda? It is like he is the expert on everything transit and we know nothing as we are bus riders, bus drivers, community residents or to sum it up in a short phrase "it is all about him". I used the word "hijack" as  when I  look back upon his posts, it becomes quite clear  that "it is all about him"  and it can be seen in  his desire to control the discussion as can be read in his posts on this thread since #1750

For me, reading the forum and responding to others is the way I find out what is going on in other parts of the area. I have an enormous amount  of respect for posters even when we disagree on something that I posted. I am not afraid to admit that I made a mistake and to correct it on the forum but I feel that  none of us who write here should be subjected to reading words such as "explain" by him as we have been since post #1750 on this thread.

10 hours ago, Interested Rider said:

The report in Kings County Politics that you have posted is a duplicate as kingscountypolitics.com reported it in members on the move  August 24, 2018 and posted here on this thread on August 25, 2018 by me.(Post # 1743). The reason that I bring this up at this time (and no harm was done by the duplicate post)  and I agree with you that the stop should have been added when Avenue L was added some time ago. The fact that it is being added (the dates that you listed are the same that appeared in one of the local weekly ethnic papers that I read on a regular basis) is a good move on the part of the MTA and is possibly related to Mr. Byford ordering a review of the necessity of the need for the stop.

This has also appeared this week in one of the ethnic newspapers that I read on a fairly regular basis. There is one reason why I will not give the cite for the ethnic newspaper that I read where this appeared and it can be summed up in two words: "Brooklyn Bus". The last time that I posted information on something that appeared in one of the local ethnic publications (it was on the B/82 and appeared in April 2018), i received a message from him asking for the cite. Knowing his motives and his love of getting his name in print, I denied it as not only was it inappropriate not only by me but by the publishers of these publications as they are not interested in what outsiders like him write or say as the publications are geared toward the particular community. The information that Future ENY op. posted appeared listing the same details  for it's readers and again I will not post the cite is for the same reason that I refused to give the cite in April 2018.

In a way, I can understand why duplicate posts occur here and after seeing about 60 posts after #1750 as Brooklyn Bus tried to "hijack" an informational post for our readers as by the time anyone has finally found the original post, he or she is exhausted.   If you look at the posts beginning approximately  with # 1750 you will be able to read his push for Kingsborough routing for the B/44 SBS which many of us  stated was wrong and posted remarks to indicate that we disagreed with him but yet he kept at it. When forum members  pointed out other possible scenarios, his responses to us  in many cases included  the word  "explain"  for what? and to explain to him? Why is he questioning us and what is his (possible hidden) agenda? It is like he is the expert on everything transit and we know nothing as we are bus riders, bus drivers, community residents or to sum it up in a short phrase "it is all about him". I used the word "hijack" as  when I  look back upon his posts, it becomes quite clear  that "it is all about him"  and it can be seen in  his desire to control the discussion as can be read in his posts on this thread since #1750

For me, reading the forum and responding to others is the way I find out what is going on in other parts of the area. I have an enormous amount  of respect for posters even when we disagree on something that I posted. I am not afraid to admit that I made a mistake and to correct it on the forum but I feel that  none of us who write here should be subjected to reading words such as "explain" by him as we have been since post #1750 on this thread.

If you would have "explained" when I asked you to "explain" further discussion would not have been necessary. Instead when I asked for proof there were more than six riders south of Avenue X, you described how you saw 20 people getting on the bus from your window, to which I asked which direction, so you responded "north".

I am not going to merely drop a question when someone avoids answering or responding with something irrelevent like you did.

You can hate me for that if you want to. And there is no hidden agenda, just an effort to get to the truth.

16 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

While were on the subject of the B44SBS.. Didn't know that a stop on Avenue R is now added..

I guess no more express between Kings Highway and Avenue U.

I'm guessing this takes effect either 9/9/18 or 9/16/18.

Source: https://www.kingscountypolitics.com/brooklyn-lawmakers-on-the-move-aug-28-2018/

Thoughts on the new B44SBS change?

Other than the fact that this is good for Madison/Marine Park patrons....

Sans Rogers av, the more stops being added to SBS, the more it mimics LTD service..... That's all I really want to say about this.

13 hours ago, Interested Rider said:

I don't mind explaining myself when asked at all - what I'm quite tired of over the years, is his antics in these discussions.... Been through 'em enough times already..... He's not stupid, he knows what he's doing - When you have him cornered in some discussion, he'll either insult your intelligence by playing stupid, and/or misconstrue what you actually said to make it appear like what you're saying doesn't make sense.... Both of which are common debate tactics, with the former being a way to sift for more information to try to get you to hang yourself (so to speak) & the latter being a way to deflect away from the fact that said person has no counter-argument to what's being said.... If you don't understand the point (or have no retort for it), I'd rather you just ignore it, then to try to paint me like I'm in the wrong for you not being able to refute it.... I respect the guy for what he's done with the routes he's created, but I can do without the ego trips - fan..trips are much more enjoyable IMO :D

Now as it pertains to (part of) the back & forth between you & him here, I gotta be honest... You initially posed a counter argument (regarding ridership levels at Av. X) at him incorrectly... He's right, if he's talking about extending buses southwards to KCC & stating that ridership south of a certain point (towards Knapp) is rather low, bringing up NB ridership at Av. X is rather irrelevant.... What you later brought up in the 2nd to last paragraph of post #1817, is what you should have initially argued from the beginning..... That's something I'd be worried about myself if I were a B44 SBS rider down in that part of Brooklyn - especially considering the riders it would steal off the B36.... The B44 SBS' coming from Knapp during times when the KCC loads are at its heaviest (as in his suggestion, alternating buses would run to either Knapp or KCC) would have to pick up the slack.....

Edited by B35 via Church

43 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Sans Rogers av, the more stops being added to SBS, the more it mimics LTD service..... That's all I really want to say about this.

Which stop is being added on Rogers Avenue?  I hope it is not Foster Avenue. But also that South Brooklyn delegation isn’t playing any games with the (MTA).  Took them 5 years to add Avenue R. Also took them sometime to add the Avenue L stop. Still to me.

Both stops don’t have any business to be added. However, it is through that delegation shit is getting done and this is why the 44SBS won’t be a true SBS. I’ve said this before the real SBS is in Queens. 

#fin 

24 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Which stop is being added on Rogers Avenue?

None are....

What I was saying with that was (with the exception of B44 SBS service running on Rogers, compared to the B44 LTD having ran on NY av), the more stops you add to the SBS, the more it mimics the old LTD.... It's a shot at the MTA - being that one of their talking points for SBS is the cutting down of stops, aiding in decreased travel time.....

24 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’ve said this before the real SBS is in Queens.

Although I don't care for how it ultimately came about, the best rendition & operation of one IMO is the Bx41....

S79 isn't too far behind either...

Edited by B35 via Church

57 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

I don't mind explaining myself when asked at all - what I'm quite tired of over the years, is his antics in these discussions.... Been through 'em enough times already..... He's not stupid, he knows what he's doing - When you have him cornered in some discussion, he'll either insult your intelligence by playing stupid, and/or misconstrue what you actually said to make it appear like what you're saying doesn't make sense.... Both of which are common debate tactics, with the former being a way to sift for more information to try to get you to hang yourself (so to speak) & the latter being a way to deflect away from the fact that said person has no counter-argument to what's being said.... If you don't understand the point (or have no retort for it), I'd rather you just ignore it, then to try to paint me like I'm in the wrong for you not being able to refute it.... I respect the guy for what he's done with the routes he's created, but I can do without the ego trips - fan..trips are much more enjoyable IMO :D

Now as it pertains to (part of) the back & forth between you & him here, I gotta be honest... You initially posed a counter argument (regarding ridership levels at Av. X) at him incorrectly... He's right, if he's talking about extending buses southwards to KCC & stating that ridership south of a certain point (towards Knapp) is rather low, bringing up NB ridership at Av. X is rather irrelevant.... What you later brought up in the 2nd to last paragraph of post #1817, is what you should have initially argued from the beginning..... That's something I'd be worried about myself if I were a B44 SBS rider down in that part of Brooklyn - especially considering the riders it would steal off the B36.... The B44 SBS' coming from Knapp during times when the KCC loads are at its heaviest (as in his suggestion, alternating buses would run to either Knapp or KCC) would have to pick up the slack.....

I don't play games. I only claim not to understand something when I don't understand it. As for your point of possibly overloading the B44 north of Avenue X, I responded to that point in a previous post. 

11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Which stop is being added on Rogers Avenue?  I hope it is not Foster Avenue. But also that South Brooklyn delegation isn’t playing any games with the (MTA).  Took them 5 years to add Avenue R. Also took them sometime to add the Avenue L stop. Still to me.

Both stops don’t have any business to be added. However, it is through that delegation shit is getting done and this is why the 44SBS won’t be a true SBS. I’ve said this before the real SBS is in Queens. 

#fin 

I am unaware of any additional stops being requested for the B44 SBS. Both stops that were added were needed.

3 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

I don't play games. I only claim not to understand something when I don't understand it.

You most certainly do & you did it in post 1770.... You don't like when people twist what you say, so don't do that nonsense to others.

7 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

As for your point of possibly overloading the B44 north of Avenue X, I responded to that point in a previous post.

I know you did.... I'm telling Interested Rider that he has a point with that.

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Thank you B/36 via Church for a very good and well  thought out response to what I wrote here. The points that you raised as to his style of trying to debate him and how he twists what I say to his advantage are well taken and I appreciate the points that you have raised. I will refer back to this post for reference on a regular basis. I agree with you that while he made a difference (I am talking about 40 years ago in terms of the buses), the fact that he always uses his title at the MTA from which he retired 15 years ago is just one big ego trip and it turns many of us off.

You are right on the money that I am quite concerned about the impact upon the B/36 route and I should have made that point quite  clear.The B/36 often runs into delays when it turns into Avenue Z from Nostrand Avenue where a truck can delay a bus 10-15 minutes in each direction and there are delays on the segment from Ocean Avenue to the Station, Calling his bluff and working with the existing B/44 SBS schedule, this means that with a 16 minute headway during the non rush hours all B/44 SBS buses formerly going to Knapp Street will now go to KCC via the B/36 and the B/49 route with the B/44 locals continuing to go to Knapp Street, The MTA will use the B/44 SBS as an excuse to cut the B/36 and increase the headways. The MTA will also say that since the B/4 is providing service to Coney Island Hospital from Ocean Avenue and the  station, then the riders that formerly rode the B/36 can ride the B/4 to get there. Anyone who rides the B/36 will tell you that the buses can get extremely crowded during all hours of the day as it is a  route that has a considerable portion of riders who are seniors who ride the bus. With the numbers of students that will be on the B/44 SBS that he is projecting, then the regular passengers who need to ride to the station will be unable to board the buses as along with the B/44 SBS change will come a corresponding cut in B/36 service  His proposal places my community in a very vulnerable position especially  as the B/44 SBS change  to KCC results in a major cut in B/36 service which I believe will happen if his proposal is accepted.

23 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

You most certainly do & you did it in post 1770.... You don't like when people twist what you say, so don't do that nonsense to others.

I know you did.... I'm telling Interested Rider that he has a point with that.

I reread post 1770 and I don't know what you are talking about when you say I twist what others say. My only mistake in that post is that I refused to answer his question where I would turn the B44 SBS. I do not know why I didn't answer. I wasn't trying to hide anything. I thought I had previously explained the proposal. The buses that would go to KCC would make their last stop at Avenue X, then stay on Nostrand until Emmons and run straight to KCC via Emmons and the remainder of the B49 route. 

Intersted rider is still under the impression that I would turn the buses on Avenue Z, an idea I abandoned back around 2013, fence his argument bringing the B36 into the discussion. That route has nothing to do with my current proposal. 

20 hours ago, Interested Rider said:

Thank you B/36 via Church for a very good and well  thought out response to what I wrote here. The points that you raised as to his style of trying to debate him and how he twists what I say to his advantage are well taken and I appreciate the points that you have raised. I will refer back to this post for reference on a regular basis. I agree with you that while he made a difference (I am talking about 40 years ago in terms of the buses), the fact that he always uses his title at the MTA from which he retired 15 years ago is just one big ego trip and it turns many of us off.

You are right on the money that I am quite concerned about the impact upon the B/36 route and I should have made that point quite  clear.The B/36 often runs into delays when it turns into Avenue Z from Nostrand Avenue where a truck can delay a bus 10-15 minutes in each direction and there are delays on the segment from Ocean Avenue to the Station, Calling his bluff and working with the existing B/44 SBS schedule, this means that with a 16 minute headway during the non rush hours all B/44 SBS buses formerly going to Knapp Street will now go to KCC via the B/36 and the B/49 route with the B/44 locals continuing to go to Knapp Street, The MTA will use the B/44 SBS as an excuse to cut the B/36 and increase the headways. The MTA will also say that since the B/4 is providing service to Coney Island Hospital from Ocean Avenue and the  station, then the riders that formerly rode the B/36 can ride the B/4 to get there. Anyone who rides the B/36 will tell you that the buses can get extremely crowded during all hours of the day as it is a  route that has a considerable portion of riders who are seniors who ride the bus. With the numbers of students that will be on the B/44 SBS that he is projecting, then the regular passengers who need to ride to the station will be unable to board the buses as along with the B/44 SBS change will come a corresponding cut in B/36 service  His proposal places my community in a very vulnerable position especially  as the B/44 SBS change  to KCC results in a major cut in B/36 service which I believe will happen if his proposal is accepted.

First of all, the only time I mention. My former title is when I write an article for publication. I don't even do it for letters although sometimes the newspapers add it without even asking me. There is nothing wrong with stating your credentials when publishing articles. It has nothing to do with ego. It is common practice. I only mention it in a post when it is pertinent.

As far as you bringing the B36 into the discussion, look at Post 1770, where I state turning the bus on Avenue Z was my old proposal and not what I have proposed for the past five years. Also see my response to B35 via Church above. 

I am not twisting anyone words. If anyone is doing that it is you whether you realize it or not. 

2 hours ago, BrooklynBus said:

I reread post 1770 and I don't know what you are talking about when you say I twist what others say. My only mistake in that post is that I refused to answer his question where I would turn the B44 SBS. I do not know why I didn't answer. I wasn't trying to hide anything. I thought I had previously explained the proposal. The buses that would go to KCC would make their last stop at Avenue X, then stay on Nostrand until Emmons and run straight to KCC via Emmons and the remainder of the B49 route. 

Intersted rider is still under the impression that I would turn the buses on Avenue Z, an idea I abandoned back around 2013, fence his argument bringing the B36 into the discussion. That route has nothing to do with my current proposal. 

It's like you're on another planet right now....

And you say you don't play games? You're full of it right now.... That post in question didn't have squat to do with no Interested Rider....

This is what you said in post 1770 below, responding to me & me only....

On 8/26/2018 at 7:39 PM, BrooklynBus said:

I was trying to be polite by saying "I am sorry". But you accuse me of "feigning ignorance." What you are saying makes no sense at all if you are saying adding runtime and mileage is "directly proportional" to runtime. How can something be proportional to itself? 

If anyone understands what he is trying to say, please chime in.  

.....so cut the crap already...

You will stop at nothing to absolve yourself of any wrongdoing & it's annoying as shit.... Don't sit up there & tell me you didn't try to twist my words - when that's exactly what you did in that post.... Talking about what I'm saying makes no sense at all, when that wasn't what the hell I said, Mr. "how can something be proportional to itself".....

We can have disagreements, but that nonsense I'm not putting up with.

27 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

And you say you don't play games? You're full of it right now.... That post in question didn't have squat to do with no Interested Rider....

You will stop at nothing to absolve yourself of any wrongdoing & it's annoying as shit.... Don't sit up there & tell me you didn't try to twist my words - when that's exactly what you did in that post.... Talking about what I'm saying makes no sense at all, when that wasn't what the hell I said, Mr. "how can something be proportional to itself".....

Not to cause any harm here, but what I have been seeing lately has been too much clashing because of +SBS+ not only with B35 via Church, but with many others who have now as I have refrained from commenting in this conversation because either we will be shamed for our opinions, or what we say will make us look like dumb@sses... If you have multiple people disagreeing with your proposal then you should stop championing things through, it won't work. #1 the B44 is already long as it is, #2 People are fine with what they have now. No one can lie about tweaks and adjustments that are needed to be made, but it's already been 1 f*cking year where the same song plays again and again when something +SBS+ related comes up here. Every time something +SBS+ comes up it is bashed, butchered, sliced, and killed. The answer we get is that +SBS+ is just downright shit, that's not an answer that we the public want. We want to know why the routes are terrible, and what are the problems individually. There are +SBS+ routes that are a success (Bx41) and others just a complete failure (M34/A), we all know the reasons why. Bashing, Insulting, and putting words in people's mouths is not going to help make your point at all, everyone's opinions and decisions shall be respected just as we respect each other. Sometimes we forget that no matter what our differences and disagreements are, that were all human as a human can be, but someone here makes it intolerable to even want to speak here anymore. I have tried to avoid commenting on this conversation for a while, but when you get to a point where almost everyone here has a problem with BrooklynBus there has to be a stop. I agree with B35 via Church, it's time to cut the crap already and stop the nonsense, stop perfecting the image and admit that you made a mistake even if it's once. No one is going to die in here if you do. 

It's just a Bus Route with a different Branding and a different style of operation.

Edited by WestFarms36

It seems you is trying to place the focus on me which is totally wrong as once again your methods of twisting what others have been said on a subject that you presented on a thread was met with derision. No matter how hard you tried to put a fresh face on something that many who write on the various threads here can attest, it seems that whenever you post something in print, it has to have his former title. Why? You have been a private citizen for 14 years and you feel that it strengthens the letter in the eyes of the reader. Some will say "Oh! that person is so important so therefore what he is writing should be treated as words from heaven"  while others will say"who cares" as it is just "another writer who thinks the world of himself" You have become like "the famous diva who has not had a major role in the past 14 years and has to keep her name in the newspapers with the hope that a famous director will see her name and cast her in a major role in his next film"

Do you remember what you were doing on this date in 2013? Even though you may remember, you expect me to remember what you wrote in 2013 concerning the B/44 SBS and the B/36 when I can't remember what I did last year? It is like I committed the ultimate sin of sins and that the heavens should punish me for the rest of my life. As B35 via Church put it so well in his response to me, this is one of your tactics to wear your critics down and therefore with the hope that I  will stop posting whenever you inject yourself into the discussion. In this case, however, I will no longer post from kingscountypolitics.com as I am quite honored that Future ENY Bus operator has taken the time to post transit information from the site on the relevant threads. The reason that I am using the word honored  is that this means that he is now reading and posting  information for our readers from a very good website that provides a lot of information on what is going on in Brooklyn.

I will continue to post on this forum and write and will respond to others  who have taken he time to raise issues of importance to all of us here. There are a lot of things happening now in terms of transit and we have an election coming up where transit will be an issue front and center. It is up to all of us to make the voters aware of what is going on and the proposed solutions being offered. 

So a quick update on yesterday service on the sbs....

My first trip pulling out of the depot and starting at Knapp street heading to the Bridge was decent. But returning back from the bridge I ended up so late taking my meal on time and relieving the bus to another operator. Took me 20 to  25 mins riding 5 mph from Lee and Wilson to Flushing Avenue. After from Fulton Street to Empire was another 15 to 25 minutes lag. By the time I reach Flatbush junction I was already down an hour away from my meal time and the operator who relieved me stated he lost his meal too.

So mind you The bus that I’m going to relieve was also 30 minutes behind schedule. By the time I took the bus away from the next operator , I was instructed by supervision to take my meal at the last stop. So that just shows you that my bus and a few others probably were missing on a few trips due to lost time on meals and heavy traffic. So imagine if the bus had to go to KCC?.......

4 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

So a quick update on yesterday service on the sbs....

My first trip pulling out of the depot and starting at Knapp street heading to the Bridge was decent. But returning back from the bridge I ended up so late taking my meal on time and relieving the bus to another operator. Took me 20 to  25 mins riding 5 mph from Lee and Wilson to Flushing Avenue. After from Fulton Street to Empire was another 15 to 25 minutes lag. By the time I reach Flatbush junction I was already down an hour away from my meal time and the operator who relieved me stated he lost his meal too.

So mind you The bus that I’m going to relieve was also 30 minutes behind schedule. By the time I took the bus away from the next operator , I was instructed by supervision to take my meal at the last stop. So that just shows you that my bus and a few others probably were missing on a few trips due to lost time on meals and heavy traffic. So imagine if the bus had to go to KCC?.......

Excellent update. Glad someone from FB realizes that an extension to KCC is not the wisest choice. 

6 hours ago, Interested Rider said:

Do you remember what you were doing on this date in 2013? Even though you may remember, you expect me to remember what you wrote in 2013 concerning the B/44 SBS and the B/36 when I can't remember what I did last year? It is like I committed the ultimate sin of sins and that the heavens should punish me for the rest of my life. As B35 via Church put it so well in his response to me, this is one of your tactics to wear your critics down and therefore with the hope that I  will stop posting whenever you inject yourself into the discussion. In this case, however, I will no longer post from kingscountypolitics.com as I am quite honored that Future ENY Bus operator has taken the time to post transit information from the site on the relevant threads. The reason that I am using the word honored  is that this means that he is now reading and posting  information for our readers from a very good website that provides a lot of information on what is going on in Brooklyn.

@Interested Rider: The only reason I got those 2 articles from Kings County Politics is that it relates to the current conversation. However, just want to be clear with you.  I'm not the biggest fan getting any information from Kings County Politics unless it has some VALID relation to the transportation being discussed in Brooklyn on certain lines. I'm not to found with the South Brooklyn delegation for a few reasons. That's a conversation for another day. Also, in recent years haven't been found with the delegation of East Flatbush, Canarsie and East New York. When a person like myself that lives in areas served and worked for a few community newspapers on overnight breaking news and politics around said communities there are some thoughts I keep to myself.

Thanks for the complement and appreciation. However, please do not include me into any arguments you are trying to prove with certain individuals.

9 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I don't play games. I just made a mistake by referring to post 1770. I meant to say 1746. That was the post by Interested Rider I was referring to. Regarding 1770, I finally figured out what you were trying to say regarding runtime. But I don't agree that increased distance has to add runtime if you are changing the route, though in this case it would. 

9 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

Not to cause any harm here, but what I have been seeing lately has been too much clashing because of +SBS+ not only with B35 via Church, but with many others who have now as I have refrained from commenting in this conversation because either we will be shamed for our opinions, or what we say will make us look like dumb@sses... If you have multiple people disagreeing with your proposal then you should stop championing things through, it won't work. #1 the B44 is already long as it is, #2 People are fine with what they have now. No one can lie about tweaks and adjustments that are needed to be made, but it's already been 1 f*cking year where the same song plays again and again when something +SBS+ related comes up here. Every time something +SBS+ comes up it is bashed, butchered, sliced, and killed. The answer we get is that +SBS+ is just downright shit, that's not an answer that we the public want. We want to know why the routes are terrible, and what are the problems individually. There are +SBS+ routes that are a success (Bx41) and others just a complete failure (M34/A), we all know the reasons why. Bashing, Insulting, and putting words in people's mouths is not going to help make your point at all, everyone's opinions and decisions shall be respected just as we respect each other. Sometimes we forget that no matter what our differences and disagreements are, that were all human as a human can be, but someone here makes it intolerable to even want to speak here anymore. I have tried to avoid commenting on this conversation for a while, but when you get to a point where almost everyone here has a problem with BrooklynBus there has to be a stop. I agree with B35 via Church, it's time to cut the crap already and stop the nonsense, stop perfecting the image and admit that you made a mistake even if it's once. No one is going to die in here if you do. 

It's just a Bus Route with a different Branding and a different style of operation.

No one is shaming anyone for their opinions. I am just trying to have an intelligent discussion. 

And just because a few disagree does not mean it will not work. You say the B44 is long already, therefore no long route should ever be extended, period.  You say people are fine with what they have right now. No they are not. Many are not satisfied with the B44. If it takes 2 hours for a one hour schedule, that is a major  problem and the route is not operating correctly. First you fix the problem by not having an unrealistic schedule, and you also try to reduce run time by traffic enforcement or whatever. When you can get the route to be fairly reliable, then you can consider route changes or minor extensions. 

The fact is that most SBS routes are shit and if that's not what the public wants to hear, well that's too bad. Are we only supposed to tell the public what they want to hear if it's true or not? Well that's what the MTA is doing regarding SBS and that's not right either. 

And it's not almost everyone here who has a problem with me. And I do admit it if I made a mistake, but I have not been convinced in this case. So far the reasons I have heard why this idea won't work is: the route is already screwed up so don't screw it up more. My answer is first make the route work then you can consider route changes to make it work better. The other reason is that too many people would use the route if the change were made. How is that a bad thing? You adjust the schedule to fit the demand. Getting more people to use a route makes a successful route. That is not a reason against a change. Is it better when the route is underutilized? 

I respect the opinion of bus operators but that doesn't mean operators not supporting but a change is a valid reason not to make the change. You have to realize that bus operators prefer to work lightly utilized routes and shun heavily utilized routes. So if we only listen to bus operators, we would have more lightly utilized routes like the B4 that bus operators with seniority prefer, and few routes that are heavily used because they are more difficult to operate. Our prime concern should be the customer within financial constraints. 

9 hours ago, Interested Rider said:

It seems you is trying to place the focus on me which is totally wrong as once again your methods of twisting what others have been said on a subject that you presented on a thread was met with derision. No matter how hard you tried to put a fresh face on something that many who write on the various threads here can attest, it seems that whenever you post something in print, it has to have his former title. Why? You have been a private citizen for 14 years and you feel that it strengthens the letter in the eyes of the reader. Some will say "Oh! that person is so important so therefore what he is writing should be treated as words from heaven"  while others will say"who cares" as it is just "another writer who thinks the world of himself" You have become like "the famous diva who has not had a major role in the past 14 years and has to keep her name in the newspapers with the hope that a famous director will see her name and cast her in a major role in his next film"

I will continue to post on this forum and write and will respond to others  who have taken he time to raise issues of importance to all of us here. There are a lot of things happening now in terms of transit and we have an election coming up where transit will be an issue front and center. It is up to all of us to make the voters aware of what is going on and the proposed solutions being offered. 

You must be talking to me so I will respond. I am not twisting anything.

And it is not true that my posts have my former title unless you are referring to articles I write. That happens to be normal protocol with newspapers, magazines, and the internet. I did not invent that. I usually don't mention any title in letters to the newspapers, but sometimes the editor adds it anyway without consulting me. It is done so the reader understands that the writer has experience in the area. 

If you read the Bay News, you have undoubtedly heard of Larry Penner. He writes ten letters to everyone that I write. And when appropriate his letters state he worked 31 years for the FTA and is now retired. Are you faulting him also for that or am I the only one you have a problem with? 

No I am not asking you to remember what I wrote in 2013. But I would think that when responding to a thread you would have read some of the other posts that weren't addressed to you. In one of this posts which you obviously missed I stated that the route is proposed to be extended to KCC from Emmons Avenue with no mention about Sheepshead Bay Station. Yet you launched into a three paragraph tirade about the B36. 

My tactic is not to wear anyone down. It's just when I ask for a reason, I will not accept reasons that are irrelevant or avoid the question. Yet you and others resent me being persistent. If I wasn't persistent, those changes I had made 40 years ago would never have been done. You accuse me of having a huge ego thinking I never make a mistake and accusing me of never admitting mistakes. Attacking the presenter is a typical debate tactic when someone wants readers to deflect from the subject being discussed because they cannot answer the question being posed. That is what some others are doing here. 

I also dispute your characterization of Kings County Politics as being "a very good website." It isn't a bad website. It provides information and that is good. But is nothing more than a rehashing of press releases from elected officials designed to make them look good. 

And if you don't want to post when I inject something into the discussion, don't expect that to bother me. All that says is that you want to get your points across without having a fair discussion about them. 

Anyone who’s complaining about the sbs or any other bus route is too slow and etc..... How about the city start enforcing tickets for either obstructing the bus stop or bus lanes. How about the city put a limits with these car share rides.  Until these issues are handled correctly, buses will always be late.

Todays SBS44 update....

Due to labor day street closures, it was a rough trip for passengers who were trying to commute North to South on SBS and local buses. One half of the route was from Knapp street to Empire or Williamsburg to St. Johns. In order for passengers to continue to Williamsburg or to Knapp Street,  the transfer point was at St.Johns. The bad thing was in order to reach the transfer point, you had to either walk to St johns or take the #2 train. Many passengers blamed the MTA, but myself and the supervisor had to educate them the reason why buses were being terminated at Empire or St. johns.

Lucky for me I was assigned to do the Knapp to Empire trips only and we were not following the time schedule. We were on supervision schedule which was 30 to 40 mins headways between buses.  Me being nice, some local stop that was heavy after the local 44 were delayed, I started to pick up passengers on some local stops but advised the passengers that were boarding from the local stop I will only stop at the sbs stops after we departed  from here, but of course  after a long wait some  did not mind at all to walk back after skipping their desired stops. All they wanted to get the heck out of the location they were stuck for a long period of time.