Select Bus Service Discussion Thread

Union Tpke

48 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

East New York is known for having those buses run on the B42. Ive seen 7684, 7678 and few others on the B12 also. 

I think the only reason they run on the b42 though is because select b82 LTD runs are interlined with the 42. They don't conciously send them on straight, non-82 LTD runs.

i would assume these b82 LTD-b42 interlines would be discontinued, or at least would be most discontinued (such as the classic b44 sbs-b49 interline) once the b82 SBS launches.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/21/2018 at 10:20 PM, Lawrence St said:

So can anyone recap the B82 SBS routing and changes?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/downloads/pdf/brt-south-brooklyn-b82-mar2018.pdf

On 9/26/2018 at 2:20 PM, Future ENY OP said:

No weekend service ??

No. Same as the existing LTD service.

21 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

The best thing about the B82 SBS being weekday only is it's fleet won't be running on weekends so ENY will have to run a good amount of their RTS on weekends to make service!!!😄

Very true. EN will run these when needed on Subway Shuttles only.

12 hours ago, Rick44 said:

It's East New York depot, they will run that fleet wherever and whenever they damn well please lol.

Naw, these are for SBS and shuttle service only. The only fixed-routes that see them are interlines.

39 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Wait so they can't use them on weekends on the local 82? That's silly...

Sure they could, but why? It's not really silly at all. They aren't local buses. By that logic we may as well use them overnight on routes like the B44, B46, and every other SBS route that doesn't operate 24 hour service. 

5 minutes ago, East New York said:

Sure they could, but why? It's not really silly at all. They aren't local buses. By that logic we may as well use them overnight on routes like the B44, B46, and every other SBS route that doesn't operate 24 hour service. 

I would consider using buses on weekends on a route with no weekend SBS service to be a different scenario than using them late nights on an SBS route with no 24 hour service, but I see your point...

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I would consider using buses on weekends on a route with no weekend SBS service to be a different scenario than using them late nights on an SBS route with no 24 hour service, but I see your point...

To be fair, it would also keep the mileage down on those XD40s.

17 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

What's different tho? Neither of them are operating in SBS service so technically there is no reason to have SBS buses on a local route unless its an interline or a "put-in."

In a way this could also be quite confusing for people who don't pay attention to destination signs (you would be surprised how many people don't). If they have then run on weekends, people could start thinking SBS runs on weekends

13 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

To be fair, it would also keep the mileage down on those XD40s.

True, not only does it keep the mileage down, but when they begin to rotate the buses out for higher mileage buses it will work out better in the long run, and overall the fleet will have the lowest mileage (by average) of any bus type.

On 9/15/2018 at 4:45 PM, Brillant93 said:

I never understood why they had that loop thing. It never made sense. 

On 9/16/2018 at 2:44 PM, Yankees4life said:

I guess it was to provide an easier connection to the (L) but honestly, Glennwood should be been a two-way street from the get go if they wanted to do that.

Not only was it to provide easier access which was really an after thought, but it was mainly to have a place for buses to dwell other than the street. Especially since the B6 and the B82 were added to the mix.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Too bad that bus lane is restricted to Ulmer Park and East New York buses only. No Grand Avenue. 

I think its because Flatlands avenue would lose any sort of bus service from wilson avenue to rockway parkway. So keeping the B60 on it would help give people at least a route to get to the (L).  

Just now, Brillant93 said:

I think its because Flatlands avenue would lose any sort of bus service from wilson avenue to rockway parkway. So keeping the B60 on it would help give people at least a route to get to the (L).  

Than have the 60 return to its former route on Flatlands Avenue heading to 108 and Williams Ave.. Of course after the construction 🚧 on Flatlands

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Too bad that bus lane is restricted to Ulmer Park and East New York buses only. No Grand Avenue. 

😕But, I passed through the area today right before they starting painting the bus lane on Glenwood and they already took down all the westbound Stops on Flatlands between 103 and Rockaway Pkwy... That's why i'm asking if the B60 and the B82 will be turning up 103 to glenwood?  or them taking down the stops not remembering the B60 will be stopping there is mistake?

Edited by B22viaAtlanticAv

11 minutes ago, B22viaAtlanticAv said:

😕But, I passed through the area today right before they starting painting the bus lane on Glenwood and they already took down all the westbound Stops on Flatlands between 103 and Rockaway Pkwy... That's why i'm asking if the B60 and the B82 will be turning up 103 to glenwood?  or them taking down the stops not remembering the B60 will be stopping there is mistake?

Let’s see what happens on Monday Morning rush hour. The signs I see so far is the B82 turning on 103. B6 gets the direct ride. 

If I only go on assumption is that 60 is the only Flatlands Avenue Westbound bus service as @Brillant93 indicated. 

The reason service was removed from flatlands Av between Rockaway Pk & East 103rd there is no demand. Most of us Canarsie residents use the B6 or B103. The old B50(B82) handle flatlands ok just like the Current B82. When the B60 got extend it became over kill. The B82 used the same pattern as the B60 only the B6 serverd Glenwood Between Rockaway & E 103 until the late 90’s.

sb the B11 once serverd the other side of flatlands for a Bit.

Edited by Just New York