Life After Schoolcar...

NASCAR

Wassup People?? What's going on? I've been posting ALL over the place and I'm tired!!!lol Sorry guys,I don't have anything to entertain you...Wait!! I met a SUPER BUFF at Coney Island.Long story short,I'm talking to this guy about R68A's and different trains and he started to get REALLY deep!I thought I was talking to the "#1 man" for a minute.B) This guy was really sharp.He started to tell me that people don't really like him and blah,blah,blah..I'm like yeh,really and he begins to follow me to the front of the train where my trainer was.:eek:He was really annoying me now but I chilled out because my trainer knew him.I asked my trainer "who's that annoying RCI?" He looked at me and said "what RCI?" I said "that guy that was talking to me with the blue TA hat." My trainer laughed and said"that guy doesn't work for TA,he's a 16 year old kid who hangs out around terminals and rides up and down the line." Wtf:eek: This SOB had a TA vest,a radio he bought for 300$ and tools.This kid was SHARP bro!He knew the lingo,line-ups,equipment and everything!!!! He told me he want's to be a TSS...lol He took the last C/R exam and is taking the T/O exam in March.He was arrested not to long ago for moving trains that was layed up...:eek: This kid is NUTZ! This could be interesting! I would love to tell you more but I can't..Don't know who's on this site!B)

Wonder if his buddy was one who got banned from here. To be dressed up like that, don't be surprised if a train doesn't disappear from the stand, and a T/O or C/R asks the dispatcher, "did you give my train away".........

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They kept us on the A.M.'s and now I'm doing midnights. I asked for P.M.s on my "wishlist". I sent in a G-2 for a.m.'s or p.m.'s, when they can do it. I think they put newbies on these tours, is because it's where you get most hours, and experience. These are senior guys jobs I've been getting. Mid-nights bite..........
Sob's gave me a.m.'s!!I'm p*ssed!!!First time in d@mn near 10 years...:mad:I gave them 2 G-2's before we came out,now I gotta write another one AGAIN stating I wan't PM'S!This is gonna be interesting....OH BABY, it's gonna be a HOT winter!:P

It ain't Sasquatch is it????
Yup....Yur boy!!The Supt. made him re-do his stops after everyone went.This guy rolled up on a track gang and the Supt. had to tell him to sound 2 long blasts!:confused:Now, I don't know if he was gonna do it or not but that's pretty bad!The supt.was ALL OVER that guy!He said he was operating TOO slow and he would loose too much time!Would you believe this guy was coasting into the station?? He can operate but he can't OPERATE!I think he got a pass...

Figures we got an R-32....just what U wanted right?;),

4 stops apiece except for our boy who had an entire trip for himself...WOW!!!!

Could you believe it??You know what?The supt.had to be super sure that he was ready.I thought he was gonna get clipped..Anyways,you thought I was gonna blow outta Utica huh?I can't make a tunnel stop on a practical...:P

Wonder if his buddy was one who got banned from here. To be dressed up like that, don't be surprised if a train doesn't disappear from the stand, and a T/O or C/R asks the dispatcher, "did you give my train away".........
Ha ha..anythings possible!

Sob's gave me a.m.'s!!I'm p*ssed!!!First time in d@mn near 10 years...:mad:I gave them 2 G-2's before we came out,now I gotta write another one AGAIN stating I wan't PM'S!This is gonna be interesting....OH BABY, it's gonna be a HOT winter!:P

Yup....Yur boy!!The Supt. made him re-do his stops after everyone went.This guy rolled up on a track gang and the Supt. had to tell him to sound 2 long blasts!:confused:Now, I don't know if he was gonna do it or not but that's pretty bad!The supt.was ALL OVER that guy!He said he was operating TOO slow and he would loose too much time!Would you believe this guy was coasting into the station?? He can operate but he can't OPERATE!I think he got a pass...

I wrote one this week, after nearly 2 weeks of mid-nights. Maybe that's why I got another mid-night job (has to be for entire week), but its report time was nearly a.m.'s.....

As for Sassy, well we were told one fails if the Superintendent has to tell you to stop. He must know someone in the system, or schoolcar really wants to produce students. At others expense, I don't think its right. It is what it is though......

Ok WHO messed up Continenal alittle after the PM Rush Hour someone didn't know where to stop and blocked out everything they needed to send some SR T/O to currect the problem since T/O didn't answer his radio or listen to everyone screaming at him.

Hey when I came out as a T/O they forced me Midnights and I wrote G2's and no one listened until I put in for a demotion back to Conductor then I was sent to the PM Tour.

Now I'm on the PM's In QNS and I am starting to have a problem with this one TSS at CTL on the (V). Must of been the same one Nascar had a problem with.

Ok WHO messed up Continenal alittle after the PM Rush Hour someone didn't know where to stop and blocked out everything they needed to send some SR T/O to currect the problem since T/O didn't answer his radio or listen to everyone screaming at him.

Hey when I came out as a T/O they forced me Midnights and I wrote G2's and no one listened until I put in for a demotion back to Conductor then I was sent to the PM Tour.

Now I'm on the PM's In QNS and I am starting to have a problem with this one TSS at CTL on the (V). Must of been the same one Nascar had a problem with.

Hey dave...don't think it was any one of us newbies....none of us got road jobs yet...they're keeping us in the yard or giving us switching for now.

They must have listened to me somewhat. I'm on midnights again, but to report at 0350 Monday, is more a.m.. I can deal with that.

Hey dave...don't think it was any one of us newbies....none of us got road jobs yet...they're keeping us in the yard or giving us switching for now.

WHAT!!!!! They got us DX (District Extra), and we get jobs everyday. Sad part is the A Div classes behind us, get to sit on the board sometimes......

I wrote one this week, after nearly 2 weeks of mid-nights. Maybe that's why I got another mid-night job (has to be for entire week), but its report time was nearly a.m.'s.....

As for Sassy, well we were told one fails if the Superintendent has to tell you to stop. He must know someone in the system, or schoolcar really wants to produce students. At others expense, I don't think its right. It is what it is though......

Midnight's?? That's the killer!! I wouldn't wan't that either.:mad: I thought PM's are the least desired.:confused:I thought I was good money...:cool: Being at the mercy of the crew office is NOT a good look!I'm looking for the bid sheet ASAP..ha ha!

They must have listened to me somewhat. I'm on midnights again, but to report at 0350 Monday, is more a.m.. I can deal with that.

WHAT!!!!! They got us DX (District Extra), and we get jobs everyday. Sad part is the A Div classes behind us, get to sit on the board sometimes......

Man, I'd rather go up and down the road..Switching jobs and Yard jobs drive me Nutts!! I like to keep it moving.Those old heads think the Yard jobs are the Greatest thing since Hybrid cars...lol How much t.v. can you watch?? Seriously..then they get upset when the Yard Master calls and gives them moves.The only thing that's good about the yard is you get to move pos trains around.

I was in JYD yesterday and a TSS got his panties all in a bunch because I had a turtleneck under my shirt.Soooooo what??I told him it was 30 degrees.These TSS's need to stop the petty BS!He prolly thought I was gonna take it off...NOT!Anyways,do believe they're still calling us students??JYD was talking to me and 2 of my classmates via radio saying"3 students,go to the cutting shack and pick up the train coming in."lol:p Later on the JYD calls me on the radio"student can you cut a R46??" I said "yeah" he replied"Good,pick up four from 62 and swing it to 64." Sooo I went to go to 62 and like 10 minutes later,they're calling me.I told them "I'm still inspecting."I wasn't taking any chances....lol I walked that whole train and made sure that it wasn't against the stop!The only thing that took long was those d@mn safety chains..R44-46 and 160 chains sux!

The T/O that messed up the relay was working Station Switch at CTL Mr.M he got a beer name hint hint! I heard the word Student be talked about at CTL. Well my Job is open for the week and part of next week have fun. I am also looking at the Bids I want to take 5 days out of Euclid Ave (C).

The T/O that messed up the relay was working Station Switch at CTL Mr.M he got a beer name hint hint! I heard the word Student be talked about at CTL. Well my Job is open for the week and part of next week have fun. I am also looking at the Bids I want to take 5 days out of Euclid Ave (C).
Hmmmm..Beer huh?Got me on that one.When is the Bid coming out?

Vacation?

The Bids should be out this week like about Thur or Fri. Yeah I am on Vacation and a Vist to the MAC next week. Wednesday is my Birthday always have to take the week off but unfortanitly I am sick right now so its a bummer.:(
Everybody's sick..it's a bug going around!Well atleast yur home hanging out.I'm gonna check out the bid sheets ASAP.I'm on vacation too..Last time I took off was May 2008! I didn't call out sick or nothing,straight work!Schoolcar took alot outta me.All those quizzes,practicals,midterms,finals,studying can burn you out!Would you believe they gave us a track safety test and a SIGNAL TEST that was NOT multiple choice on the LAST day at the learning center??!!That was low....-_-

The Bids should be out this week like about Thur or Fri. Yeah I am on Vacation and a Vist to the MAC next week. Wednesday is my Birthday always have to take the week off but unfortanitly I am sick right now so its a bummer.-_-

The bid sheets came out last week. They are less than 1 page this time around.

Wow have not seen it but when I was reassigned to Lefferts one Sunday a few guys told me about the (C) Job because the T/O just Resigned. I guess they want me back over there.

I think there were at least 2 Charlie jobs on there. Like I said there aren't alot of jobs and a few are not winnable like VR #1. The guy who is VR #2 will bid on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Wassup People?? What's going on out there?? I've been doing station switching and yard jobs(BORING!) Not much action going on just trynna to learn all these moves which I'll prob forget anyways..lol Other day I was at 179st. with the INFAMOUS TSS..:P This guy kept going on and on and on!No lie..3 hrs. NON STOP!! He was trynna explain all these moves and I'm like huh?? I told him I need to see for myself so he gave me a map and told me he'll go on a couple of moves with me to the yard and some storage tracks.Later that evening,Dispt says "T/O that's you to Jamaica yard."I'm not gonna lie,I was like..:confused: I would have liked a TSS to show me the move, but hey I gotta learn some how.I relayed the train and came out on track 3 from 179 all the way down to Jamaica Yard!That map was pretty good..ha ha! I layed the train up and asked the Yard Master if they needed me to do anything..WRONG MOVE!!:mad: They asked me to layup a train on D4 storage tracks! I inspected the train top and bottom and proceeded with permission on signal out the Yard to D4 track for a layup! I secured the train and climbed down onto the tracks in the middle of NO-WHERE!! You got trains rumbling on the tracks in both directions and ya boy NASCAR had to find his way outta the tunnels.:eek: I was like F*#k that,I'm not walking these tracks,I'll just train hop!! I'll walk thru the trains till I see a station then climb down and enter the station from the tracks.Good plan until I walked like 2 R32's and still NO station light..lol Ok now I'm like F*#k this!! I'll do MUCH better walking the tracks..So now I climb down the train and walked on D3 track(Express) facing the direction of traffic,which was NO FUN.As I'm walking the tracks,I see a MILLION trains layed up on D4 which meant I would have been train hopping for YEARS...lol ha ha!!! I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel and crossed over to D1 track and climbed up to the station..sighhhhh! Back to 179st. to sign out!! I learned 2 moves on my own and caught some OT out of it! I was talking to some T/O's and they said I should have layed the train up to the Yard and got outta there quick!!! Oh well..:D

Archived