Life After Schoolcar...

NASCAR

NASCAR can u xplain the process of getting on a route??? Im just trying to understand the BOARD and GO trying to just understand the lingo. Also y so many TOs sitting around??? I guess thats not good for us that r putting in for the next TO exam :P
Like explained earlier, the board is sitting around waiting for a job to open up or they don't have a job at all for u...(Get yur I-pod or PS3) Personally,I HATE it!! I'm one of those people who like to keep it movin.The Yard is also my least favorite.:( A GO is a General Order...In my own words this means a total MIX-UP! The normal flow of operations has changed.One example is on the weekend because of track work or signal maintenance, the (E) may go to 2nd ave.or the (Q) may go to Astoria Blvd.The weekends and nights are when TA does most of their work.When a GO is in effect schedules may change and you as T/O must read the supplement.(New times for crews to leave and arrive at terminals). That GO I was talking about earlier at W4th was because of the snow storm.This GO was different because SNOW BIRDS(trains that are layed-up underground because of weather conditions) had to be layed up at 34th. street on the express tracks south-bound.That GO had (F) and (D) trains going local in both directions.Now.....because of the snow storm,some T/O who have Put-ins(prepare a train for service) had to come to 34st.(EARLY REPORT) and pick up their train(SNOW BIRD) and travel lite(no passengers) all the way to stillwell ave. for morning service.I think TA is expecting alot of old-heads to go out in a couple of years.They need to be prepared...you guys are gonna be fine.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha thanks guys my head is spinning with all those acronyms haha....yea well see what happens. The good thing is I like my job im at now and we are busy as hell so if it takes 2 yrs to get in or so it will fly bye, its not like im looking for a job. Nascar if I get hired im coming and looking for you right away LOL

haha thanks guys my head is spinning with all those acronyms haha....yea well see what happens. The good thing is I like my job im at now and we are busy as hell so if it takes 2 yrs to get in or so it will fly bye, its not like im looking for a job. Nascar if I get hired im coming and looking for you right away LOL
lol...No problem!! There's more when yur ready.:P Now hurry up before I jump ship!:(

lol...No problem!! There's more when yur ready.:( Now hurry up before I jump ship!B)

I'll be calling you this weekend. When I can get something steady, I really think I'm going to college, to study law. John Jay, and might go into my other passion. Law Enforcement here in Westchester, then after a few years, apply for a Federal job, like ATF. I don't really think I want to be here for my career. Got 5 years to get this done, before I am too old........

lol...No problem!! There's more when yur ready.;) Now hurry up before I jump ship!:)

Haha u better not go no where, by the time I get in u guys will be veterans and need to show us apprentice guys the ropes. Plus want to see who the #1 Man is :eek:

I'll be calling you this weekend. When I can get something steady, I really think I'm going to college, to study law. John Jay, and might go into my other passion. Law Enforcement here in Westchester, then after a few years, apply for a Federal job, like ATF. I don't really think I want to be here for my career. Got 5 years to get this done, before I am too old........
Aight call me,I'll be around...I feel the same way you do about the job.It's like I'm there, but I'm not there.:confused:I took the Suffolk County Police exam a couple of years ago but you have to have D*mn near 100% to get called.;)(they make BIG money) I was always interested in Law Enforcement.I too will be looking into a plan B....

Haha u better not go no where, by the time I get in u guys will be veterans and need to show us apprentice guys the ropes. Plus want to see who the #1 Man is :eek:
Ha Ha...I hope it won't take that long for U to get in!To meet the "#1 MAN" you must first enter the MATRIX!;) Green or Red pill?? Choose wisely....

Took both of us nearly 5 years to get in. Should make one appreciate it more, but we were already employees from another title. It does make a huge difference then coming off the street. We see nothing is too different in this agency (NYCTA, not MNRR or LIRR), no matter the Dept.........

You're crazy man, didn't it take you like 6+ years to become T/O and you're already thinking about leaving?
Yur right! It took quite some time...It was ALOT of politics and back and forth for me to get in this title.It should have NEVER took this long.It was out of my hands...Sometimes when I think about it,it makes me angry.

:eek: 6 plus years.......im thinking i hope it takes us 2 or so to get in
I took this test in October of 2003!It was a very cold day...lol I took another test before that also....So yeh,you can say almost 6 years or 5 and some change.

Took both of us nearly 5 years to get in. Should make one appreciate it more, but we were already employees from another title. It does make a huge difference then coming off the street. We see nothing is too different in this agency (NYCTA, not MNRR or LIRR), no matter the Dept.........
Aint that the truth....well said!:tup:

I took this test in October of 2003!It was a very cold day...lol I took another test before that also....So yeh,you can say almost 6 years or 5 and some change.

NASCAR...u just gave me hope !! Lol !! I took the C/R test in 2004 and is still waiting..crosing my fingers I get in before they close the list. Too bad to hear u were even thinking of hangin it up..but the politics can be a b**** !

Archived