B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

Good day everyone 

First like to congrats to newly bus operators finished very long hard ten day of training and good luck to whom start 12th.

I called MTA Human resources few days back and they e mailed me with answer. 

Good Day,  

Thank you for contacting our office. We have not yet reached your list number for day 2 of pre-employment processing. When your list number is reached again and openings are available, you will be contacted.

It looks like they are on track and I know hard but we have to little bit more patient . Hopefully we get call for the next class.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, flatbush operator said:

Good day everyone 

First like to congrats to newly bus operators finished very long hard ten day of training and good luck to whom start 12th.

I called MTA Human resources few days back and they e mailed me with answer. 

Good Day,  

Thank you for contacting our office. We have not yet reached your list number for day 2 of pre-employment processing. When your list number is reached again and openings are available, you will be contacted.

It looks like they are on track and I know hard but we have to little bit more patient . Hopefully we get call for the next class.

What exactly does “reached again” mean…. They called/emailed you but you missed the call or something else? That wording is weird

2 hours ago, Coolgirlbk said:

What exactly does “reached again” mean…. They called/emailed you but you missed the call or something else? That wording is weird

Coolgirl I don't think I missed any call text or e mail. I called them left the voice mail while back. Yes it is little confusing one says they dint get my list number yet other says "again". All I know last guy called from exam 2611 lists number 39x. I m 40x for your reference. I should be called for next class. Let's find out first when is the next class and still don't get any call I will talk to my GS and union to help me out.

2 hours ago, flatbush operator said:

Coolgirl I don't think I missed any call text or e mail. I called them left the voice mail while back. Yes it is little confusing one says they dint get my list number yet other says "again". All I know last guy called from exam 2611 lists number 39x. I m 40x for your reference. I should be called for next class. Let's find out first when is the next class and still don't get any call I will talk to my GS and union to help me out.

Just to confirm 40x Meaning your list number is 400 am I correct? 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:03 PM, chrisarmand69 said:

Lol. So i was scheduled to have my sleep apnea overnight test done next Wednesday the 15th. Today i get a text/email from the Doctor saying everything confirmed and what my deductible would be. This one night of test is over $17,000 and my deductible around $2,600. Are these people on Meth? I had to start calling around for other places that can do the study, found a place in Brooklyn called Sunset Sleep Diagnostics that booked me over the phone for next Wednesday night also and they were familiar with clearing folks for MTA pre-employment.

You have to have a good health insurance for this. I worked at another city agency at the time and did not pay a thing, but co-pay.

This might be a setback for people that don't have good insurance. Sleep apnea study is not cheap. Either that or focus on losing weight lol. 

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

You have to have a good health insurance for this. I worked at another city agency at the time and did not pay a thing, but co-pay.

This might be a setback for people that don't have good insurance. Sleep apnea study is not cheap. Either that or focus on losing weight lol. 

I found another place that is doing it for $700 and the good thing is they are used to dealing with Transit employees and scheduled for the same date, next Wednesday.  For anyone going through the same thing, the name of the place is called Sunset Sleep Diagnostics on Coney Island Avenue, Brooklyn.

9 minutes ago, chrisarmand69 said:

I found another place that is doing it for $700 and the good thing is they are used to dealing with Transit employees and scheduled for the same date, next Wednesday.  For anyone going through the same thing, the name of the place is called Sunset Sleep Diagnostics on Coney Island Avenue, Brooklyn.

Did you look into one of those overnight machines. They mail it to your house and you connect it before bed. You get the results in a couple days. It’s a lot cheaper. 

11 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

Did you look into one of those overnight machines. They mail it to your house and you connect it before bed. You get the results in a couple days. It’s a lot cheaper. 

I did but i wanted to just get this over with asap. Everything went well at 180 Livingston and my neck size was the only setback. I was supposed to be in tomorrows class and this pushed it back.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:03 PM, chrisarmand69 said:

Lol. So i was scheduled to have my sleep apnea overnight test done next Wednesday the 15th. Today i get a text/email from the Doctor saying everything confirmed and what my deductible would be. This one night of test is over $17,000 and my deductible around $2,600. Are these people on Meth? I had to start calling around for other places that can do the study, found a place in Brooklyn called Sunset Sleep Diagnostics that booked me over the phone for next Wednesday night also and they were familiar with clearing folks for MTA pre-employment.

Thats where some of transit employee’s go to every other year since our medical insurance fully covers everything. 

Hi 

my depot is holding me back. Livingston HR said they send in a request for evaluation papers but it has never been send back. And depot been telling me it’s been send in. It’s close to 2 months now. And  6 people went to transit last Sunday from my depot am the only one left. 

Yes. Union said 

“it’s mta business I can’t help you”.

So I talked to Livingston lady who hires bus operator she said they never send in my evaluation and she will see if she put me on next class on April 9th. 

some of these depots are mad shady. 
I should report this to 2 broadway 

Hi, small question. I took the 2613 exam and I was wondering what's the minimum age to even be called in and potentially accepted. If I passed (based on the answer key I got around a 98%) I do have my cdl already but I'm not sure if it's 18 years (based on what NYCGOV) or 21 years minimum 

Edited by Westfarms dep
Misspelled word

6 hours ago, Westfarms dep said:

Hi, small question. I took the 2613 exam and I was wondering what's the minimum age to even be called in and potentially accepted. If I passed (based on the answer key I got around a 98%) I do have my cdl already but I'm not sure if it's 18 years (based on what NYCGOV) or 21 years minimum 

The minimum age to work for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York City depends on the specific job and duties. In general, the minimum age requirement for most entry-level positions is 18 years old. However, some positions may require the applicant to be at least 21 years old, such as those that involve operating heavy equipment or driving vehicles

Completed sleep apnea test Wednesday night, just waiting on the results. Sleep tech told me as he was removing all those darn wires that i shouldn't have anything to worry about which could only mean that i either don't have sleep apnea or it is minor. Transit doctor only wanted Cpap test results if it's moderate to severe. Hopefully can submit all this in time for the next class, medical hold was the only thing holding me back.