B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

20 hours ago, bkzroy said:

The minimum age to work for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York City depends on the specific job and duties. In general, the minimum age requirement for most entry-level positions is 18 years old. However, some positions may require the applicant to be at least 21 years old, such as those that involve operating heavy equipment or driving vehicles

Weird since ik down at MTA Bus Co. There's a handful of bus ops that's 19+ but if it's 21 then what would happen if I get called in? Would they send me to BC or just put me on a waiting list

Edited by Westfarms dep
Didn't finish original thought

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Westfarms dep said:

Weird since ik down at MTA Bus Co. There's a handful of bus ops that's 19+ but if it's 21 then what would happen if I get called in? Would they send me to BC or just put me on a waiting list

I don't know what they going to tell you but what I could see You're in a great situation The list is valid for 5 years I wouldn't be stressing just make sure you'll License is clean when they call you. 

On 3/23/2023 at 5:49 AM, flatbush operator said:

Great news but most of our drug test expired. It's good only for 30 days unless you already had your medical.

It looks like no one gives clear answer either from depo or livingston.

If any one has info about lust number please posted that we can track.

Has Anyone X-crossing over got called for 2nd day processing? or anything? Not sure how it works but a lot of people were doing the x-over on the 1st day drug screening. I haven't heard nothing since. Are they just hiring new people and forgot about us? What's the point if they not even going to call us?

36 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Has Anyone X-crossing over got called for 2nd day processing? or anything? Not sure how it works but a lot of people were doing the x-over on the 1st day drug screening. I haven't heard nothing since. Are they just hiring new people and forgot about us? What's the point if they not even going to call us?

I crossed over from MTA bus but I was in the first class off this list. 

On 3/28/2023 at 8:25 PM, chrisarmand69 said:

There's no way these sleep apnea places aren't a damn money grab. How does the sleep tech tell me i shouldn't have anything to worry about, the nurse last week said it was mild but then i speak to the doctor tonight and now all of a sudden it's severe. Lmao, what a scam.

Hey MailManMike here. So what are your next steps?

21 hours ago, Daren646 said:

Anyone know where they're up to? My wife is on exam 2613 still no list number

14 hours ago, Daren646 said:

They've called people from 2612?

If you look at the information within the blue announcement box at the top of the webpage, the list for Exam 2612 was published this past February, which consists of 423 candidates. If you look at the Civil Service List Certification webpage, by typing "Bus Operator" into the search box, the last certification was back on February 3rd. Therefore, to my knowledge, they did not call people from 2612 yet, and the list for Exam 2613 has not been published yet.

In addition, if you look at the top of this webpage, as of March 13th, NYC Transit suspended the COVID-19 vaccine requirement. Therefore, since there are other Bus Operator lists that are still active before these specific examinations were even announced, such as Exam 4600, 7612, 9604 and 9618, if I had to take an educated guess, it's going to be a while before the list for Exam 2613 gets published. As far as calling people off of Exam 2612, it depends on who successfully completes the entire hiring process from the previous Civil Service Examinations, in addition to passing the 10-Day Bus Operator Training Session out of Zerega.

Edited by +Young+

On 3/8/2023 at 8:03 PM, chrisarmand69 said:

Lol. So i was scheduled to have my sleep apnea overnight test done next Wednesday the 15th. Today i get a text/email from the Doctor saying everything confirmed and what my deductible would be. This one night of test is over $17,000 and my deductible around $2,600. Are these people on Meth? I had to start calling around for other places that can do the study, found a place in Brooklyn called Sunset Sleep Diagnostics that booked me over the phone for next Wednesday night also and they were familiar with clearing folks for MTA pre-employment.

My apologies for the late reply, however have you considered checking out this sleep study place in Brooklyn? I just called, it costs approximately $840, and all they need is a referral from your Primary Care Physician (PCP). You will get the results in approximately a week after the study from them directly. They are pretty booked up, so you might have to wait a while before you actually get to do the study.

In the event the URL link breaks, here is the information:

Dr. Kala Sury Md sleep center

270 9th st

Brooklyn, NY 11215

Between 4th & 5th ave

(718) 965 0708

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, bkzroy said:

Anybody has any updates?

Yes I do! My apologies for the delay, however the list for Exam # 2613 has been published. Unfortunately, the list only consists of 299 people.

On 5/10/2023 at 1:30 PM, lornaevo said:

It seems like the new class didn’t find the website. 

Although I believe you 100%, I just find this "interesting" because, according to this webpage, the last Certification for the title of "Bus Operator" was this past February. Interesting...

24 minutes ago, NotRalphKramden said:

I’m also waiting to be called from the 2611 exam list #500’s. I called the dcas number today and the automated system is stating my social security number is not on file. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Hopefully it is just a system glitch 

I'm list# 39X, got called for final processing in March but got caught up in this sleep apnea thing. Had to get sleep study done and now i have been on the home CPAP machine for about 3 weeks and got a couple more  weeks to go to submit results to transit to continue hiring process. During sleep test Dr told me i stopped breathing around 36 times per hour now with the home machine i'm about 1 to 0.5 times per hour.