B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

If I may chime in. I am currently with TA but formerly with MTA Bus company, although there are pros and cons to both, I wish I would have stayed with MTA Bus Company rather than crossover to TA. MTA had unlimited OT, as much as you can handle. TA seems to be alot less OT for newcomers. Mta gets 6 PD at the beginning of the year, TA gets 1. Although the sick time is better at TA, it's frowned upon when you use it. If I had to redo it, I would have stayed at MTAB. 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lornaevo said:

If I may chime in. I am currently with TA but formerly with MTA Bus company, although there are pros and cons to both, I wish I would have stayed with MTA Bus Company rather than crossover to TA. MTA had unlimited OT, as much as you can handle. TA seems to be alot less OT for newcomers. Mta gets 6 PD at the beginning of the year, TA gets 1. Although the sick time is better at TA, it's frowned upon when you use it. If I had to redo it, I would have stayed at MTAB. 

But is it true that the pay salary at BC is less than TA? Because I do hope to end up at BC simply due to what I've heard with requirements 

2 hours ago, Westfarms dep said:

But is it true that the pay salary at BC is less than TA? Because I do hope to end up at BC simply due to what I've heard with requirements 

MTAB local 100 depots are on the same pay rate as TA. The ATU depots for MTAB is less. 

1 hour ago, Daren646 said:

My wife got her list # for 2613 shes in the top 10. When will they call for pre employment? 

Hi, I did exam 2613 and my list # is 12x... I'm going in on Fri for day 1 pre employment processing... I'm not sure what they are doing?....make sure your wife checks her text messages and emails for messages... otherwise, she just have to wait like everyone else to be called. She's on the eligible list... I'm sure they'll call her soon.

2 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

(Whispering)...what are the local 100 depot for MTAB?

College Point, Baisley Park, LaGuardia, EastChester, Yonkers. College Point is the largest depot in the entire system and a big money depot if you like OT. 

9 hours ago, lornaevo said:

College Point, Baisley Park, LaGuardia, EastChester, Yonkers. College Point is the largest depot in the entire system and a big money depot if you like OT. 

Oh wow! Thank you, I would go with Yonkers Depot if they have spots available being that I live in Westchester County.

7 hours ago, Daren646 said:

Anyone know a number i can call to schedule pre employment?

I don't think you can call them to schedule an appointment for pre employment for you...when they are ready they will call you...just be patient...I waited 10 months to be called...as long as you are on the eligible list, they will call you.... they'll call from a (646) number, automated machine...followed by a text message about the call you received, and an email with  instructions of things you need to do and take with you on the day of your appointment...keep busy and wait it out!

2 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

I don't think you can call them to schedule an appointment for pre employment for you...when they are ready they will call you...just be patient...I waited 10 months to be called...as long as you are on the eligible list, they will call you.... they'll call from a (646) number, automated machine...followed by a text message about the call you received, and an email with  instructions of things you need to do and take with you on the day of your appointment...keep busy and wait it out!

They are Probably calling people Who already in the system Because they don't need to be Trained As of My understanding Don't hold me to it If you are on the list they're going to call you Could be today or 2 years from now 

13 hours ago, bkzroy said:

They are Probably calling people Who already in the system Because they don't need to be Trained As of My understanding Don't hold me to it If you are on the list they're going to call you Could be today or 2 years from now 

I'm not in their system nor did I ever worked for "MTA", I'm assuming that's who you are referring to...

The exam for MaBstoA Exam #4101 And for the bus company Exam #4302 They're out now You don't have to pay the fee 👍

And I believe they're going to call from these lists very soon

Edited by bkzroy

2 hours ago, Daren646 said:

I dont get it they have mabstoa bus company available. Whats the difference?

To my understanding, MABSTOA is Manhattan and Bronx Surface, they're none civil service.. they're under NYCT or TA...TA is civil service even though these exams are all civil service exams...they are calling people from these exams to fill spots over MABSTOA and MTA Bus Company. A lot of people are crossing over to TA....They get a better pension (NYCERS), unlimited transportation pass if I'm correct, they can carry over time from one agency to another as the others you can't and will lose seniority...for example, If you work 5 years with MABSTOA or MTA Bus Company and want to cross over to TA, you can't carry over that 5 years... you have to start all over again.....sounds crazy right?

11 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

I'm not in their system nor did I ever worked for "MTA", I'm assuming that's who you are referring to...

Just try To understand your situation that you getting call before @Daren646  wife And her number is 10x From exam #2613 its little confusing 

3 hours ago, Daren646 said:

I dont get it they have mabstoa bus company available. Whats the difference?

If you click here and here, these  two websites outline the differences very clearly. To make a long story short: MTA Bus Company was formed in 2006 when the City of New York took over the private bus lines, and, if you click here, you can read up on the history of all the depots, which will explain where MaBSTOA comes into play.

43 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

To my understanding, MABSTOA is Manhattan and Bronx Surface, they're none civil service.. they're under NYCT or TA...TA is civil service even though these exams are all civil service exams...they are calling people from these exams to fill spots over MABSTOA and MTA Bus Company. A lot of people are crossing over to TA....They get a better pension (NYCERS), unlimited transportation pass if I'm correct, they can carry over time from one agency to another as the others you can't and will lose seniority...for example, If you work 5 years with MABSTOA or MTA Bus Company and want to cross over to TA, you can't carry over that 5 years... you have to start all over again.....sounds crazy right?

Unfortunately, this is true, especially when it comes to your pension with NYCERS.

53 minutes ago, bkzroy said:

The exam for MaBstoA Exam #4101 And for the bus company Exam #4302 They're out now You don't have to pay the fee 👍

And I believe they're going to call from these lists very soon

I agree 100%. If anything, this is why the Notice of Examination, which can be found here and here, specifically state that those who only hold the CLP (Commercial Learners Permit) or the CDL (Commercial Drivers License) can file for the exam, and these documents will be checked when it comes time to take the examination.

16 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

I have been called from exam 2613... I'm list #12X going in Fri for day 1 pre employment.

My list number from Exam 2613 is less than 100 and I have not received any notifications yet - at this time I would just be patient.

40 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

If you click here and here, these  two websites outline the differences very clearly. To make a long story short: MTA Bus Company was formed in 2006 when the City of New York took over the private bus lines, and, if you click here, you can read up on the history of all the depots, which will explain where MaBSTOA comes into play.

Unfortunately, this is true, especially when it comes to your pension with NYCERS.

I agree 100%. If anything, this is why the Notice of Examination, which can be found here and here, specifically state that those who only hold the CLP (Commercial Learners Permit) or the CDL (Commercial Drivers License) can file for the exam, and these documents will be checked when it comes time to take the examination.

My list number from Exam 2613 is less than 100 and I have not received any notifications yet - at this time I would just be patient.

Oh wow!... what's your test score?...do you have your CDL license?

7 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

Every division gets unlimited transportation pass. Including a commuter pass for LIRR or MNRR.