B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

10 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

Oh wow!... what's your test score?...do you have your CDL license?

My test score was 98.33%. Out of the 60 multiple choice questions that were on the exam, I got one of them incorrect. And yes, I do have my CDL license.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/19/2023 at 1:07 PM, Elocin721 said:

Hey, I did exam 2613 and my list number is 12x and I got a call earlier via phone and text message for pre employment screening coming up on Fri, May 26th...hope you'll get your call soon. 

Let us know how it went today. Thanks 

30 minutes ago, bkzroy said:

Let us know how it went today. Thanks 

Hey, my app was at 6:30am, got there at 6:15am...there were like 20 people out side waiting for the place to open up to get inside...not all are BO....we form one line to show our id and email for the appointment..I was second person on line, lol....next up to 5 floor where we meet with employment operations team to review application! MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE APPLICATION BEFORE THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT...OR PREPARE TO BE THERE FOR THE WHOLE DAY...BRING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AS WELL. They'll call your name in the order you came in, only if you fill out your forms correctly. I went prepared so I was the 1st to do my drug test and I finished around 7:50am....it went smooth for me today....they told me 90 days to hear back for day 2...I will surely enjoy the summer until then!...

6 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

Hey, my app was at 6:30am, got there at 6:15am...there were like 20 people out side waiting for the place to open up to get inside...not all are BO....we form one line to show our id and email for the appointment..I was second person on line, lol....next up to 5 floor where we meet with employment operations team to review application! MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE APPLICATION BEFORE THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT...OR PREPARE TO BE THERE FOR THE WHOLE DAY...BRING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AS WELL. They'll call your name in the order you came in, only if you fill out your forms correctly. I went prepared so I was the 1st to do my drug test and I finished around 7:50am....it went smooth for me today....they told me 90 days to hear back for day 2...I will surely enjoy the summer until then!...

you're a 100% sure you getting called from Exam 2613? 

And they calling you for TA or OA?

Edited by bkzroy

On 5/26/2023 at 5:19 PM, Elocin721 said:

Yes I am sure...other people were there too from the exam numbers...they called me for OA.

Just to clarify: According to your older posts, they are hiring you for MaBSTOA (OA) as a result of taking Exam # 2613 last summer, correct?

Interesting...

Edited by +Young+
Clarification

Anyone knows what the time frame is for them to get back to you one you've emailed them your medial hold clearance information? This whole process is starting to become very tiring. At this point if i hadn't spent almost $2000 of my own money i'd just throw in the towel and said the hell with it.

On 5/26/2023 at 5:19 PM, Elocin721 said:

Yes I am sure...other people were there too from the exam numbers...they called me for OA.

Hi. If you are getting hired for OA. Are they gonna call you again in the future for TA?

On 5/28/2023 at 7:34 PM, ryguy said:

Hi. If you are getting hired for OA. Are they gonna call you again in the future for TA?

Hi, as we all know, we did a civil service exam and our names are listed on DCAS eligible list for 5 years....so that means, if you want to get promoted to TA, another test would not be required until that 5 years expiration date....so yes, they can always canvass your name 1st before a  Job Vacancy Notice,  (JVN) posted on the MTA website for a TA position....I think what the MTA is doing make sense, by having new applicants/employees do a civil service exam even if a civil service exam is not required for MABSTOA and MTA Bus  so when time comes for a TA position, that part is out of the way....I read some time in the past they promoted their employees from just a JVN without having them take a test that's required by law....and also, having employees doing TA work duties and under another agency pay roll....yea, that part.

On 5/28/2023 at 11:12 PM, +Young+ said:

Very good question @ryguy, very good question...

All the exams are civil service, but there may not be any openings over TA so they are sending BOs to other agencies that need BOs.... we're still eligible to work for TA within 5 years...I suspected that's why they are still canvassing names from exam "2302" if I'm correct....and a few from this exam, "2305".

7 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

All the exams are civil service, but there may not be any openings over TA so they are sending BOs to other agencies that need BOs.... we're still eligible to work for TA within 4 years...I suspected that's why they are still canvassing names from exam "2302" if I'm correct....and a few from this exam, "2305".

23 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

Hi, as we all know, we did a civil service exam and our names are listed on DCAS eligible list for 5 years....so that means, if you want to get promoted to TA, another test would not be required until that 5 years expiration date....so yes, they can always canvass your name 1st before a  Job Vacancy Notice,  (JVN) posted on the MTA website for a TA position....I think what the MTA is doing make sense, by having new applicants/employees do a civil service exam even if a civil service exam is not required for MABSTOA and MTA Bus  so when time comes for a TA position, that part is out of the way....I read some time in the past they promoted their employees from just a JVN without having them take a test that's required by law....and also, having employees doing TA work duties and under another agency pay roll....yea, that part.

*Correction*

*4 years on DCAS eligible list for a promotion to TA.

1 hour ago, Knighthawk said:

Has anybody herd if there sending out the test scores for these exams 

If you refer to the blue announcement box at the top of the webpage, the scores for Exams 2611, 2612 and 2613 have been released. In addition, there is a link you can click on if you want to find out your specific score and/or list number, respectively.

Good luck!!

11 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

Hey y'all, I got a call today to go in tomorrow for day 2 final processing. A class is starting Sunday, June 4th and they're trying to fill it.

Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow!!

And here it is i've been emailing my clearance for sleep apnea since last monday which was the only thing holding me back then got an email at 5 this morning claiming i should call DCAS to put my name back on the list. I called DCAS today and the lady told me i'm still active on the certification list. Email them again to let them know what DCAS said and a few minutes ago this is their response "

Please reach out to them next week

We have disposed and return the cert and there in the process of auditing the cert; there it's indicating that your name is still in the cert."  Whatever the hell that means.

I swear this is working my last damn nerves dealing with these people.

3 hours ago, chrisarmand69 said:

And here it is i've been emailing my clearance for sleep apnea since last monday which was the only thing holding me back then got an email at 5 this morning claiming i should call DCAS to put my name back on the list. I called DCAS today and the lady told me i'm still active on the certification list. Email them again to let them know what DCAS said and a few minutes ago this is their response "

Please reach out to them next week

We have disposed and return the cert and there in the process of auditing the cert; there it's indicating that your name is still in the cert."  Whatever the hell that means.

I swear this is working my last damn nerves dealing with these people.

Did They gave you a paper? Medical clearance paper. All you should have done is go with said paper and tell them that you have the clearance of your doctor. No need to wait. That paper is your ticket in. Go go go.