B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JGUPoperator said:

Hey Just got my list number for exam 2613 which is 155. Do you think I'll get called up? I'm already an operator in Mabstoa just wanted to crossover to TA so I can head to SI. Really hoping they call me up.

Hey, I did exam 2613 and my list number is 12x and I got a call earlier via phone and text message for pre employment screening coming up on Fri, May 26th...hope you'll get your call soon. 

1 hour ago, Elocin721 said:

Hey, I did exam 2613 and my list number is 12x and I got a call earlier via phone and text message for pre employment screening coming up on Fri, May 26th...hope you'll get your call soon. 

That was fast. 

8 hours ago, lornaevo said:

That was fast. 

I agree 100%. And with the fact that the list for Exam 2613 consists of only 299 names, I wonder how fast they will produce the list for Exam 2614.

5 hours ago, Westfarms dep said:

Wait, do I have yo call the employment center or just wait for a phone call/email from them for next steps?

Just wait for a phone call and/or e-mail. If you try to call them, you will just be wasting your time.

Edited by +Young+
Clarification

On 5/19/2023 at 1:07 PM, Elocin721 said:

How's that possible If they didn't even finish with the list 2612 That's interesting

22 hours ago, bkzroy said:

How's that possible If they didn't even finish with the list 2612 That's interesting

Hey, to my understanding after reading some comments in this forum...Exam 2611 and 2612 are the only "Civil Service" exam as the others are not civil service...and to mentioned, they're other civil service exams before 2611 and 2612 that they are still calling people from those list number.... It's seem as if TA is better than OA and MTA Bus Company that people are trying to crossover form other agencies to TA....and to answer your question in short, 2613 will be eligible for employment before 2611 and 2612.

On 5/19/2023 at 11:09 PM, +Young+ said:

I agree 100%. And with the fact that the list for Exam 2613 consists of only 299 names, I wonder how fast they will produce the list for Exam 2614.

Just wait for a phone call and/or e-mail. If you try to call them, you will just be wasting your time.

I got a call, text, and email from the exam 2613  for day one pre employment this Fri... I'm still trying to wrap my head around the text message that refers to a B/O position for "MTA Bus Company" and email refers to "MTA/OA".... what's the difference?

Thanks in advance!

40 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

Hey, to my understanding after reading some comments in this forum...Exam 2611 and 2612 are the only "Civil Service" exam as the others are not civil service...and to mentioned, they're other civil service exams before 2611 and 2612 that they are still calling people from those list number.... It's seem as if TA is better than OA and MTA Bus Company that people are trying to crossover form other agencies to TA....and to answer your question in short, 2613 will be eligible for employment before 2611 and 2612.

Okay that makes so much sense thanks for a clarifying it.

59 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

You're welcome, good luck!

I was told class is full and have to wait to get a call back . Can someone answer if I should we expect a call back or just move on. I’ve been on this since Feb 2023  for Bus Operator 2611

Just now, Prince said:

I was told class is full and have to wait to get a call back . Can someone answer if I should we expect a call back or just move on. I’ve been on this since Feb 2023  for Bus Operator 2611

April 19th i was last back. Anyone knows the next DATE for Training 

58 minutes ago, Prince said:

I would just wait for the call There is nothing you could do what is your number by the way?

4 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

I got a call, text, and email from the exam 2613  for day one pre employment this Fri... I'm still trying to wrap my head around the text message that refers to a B/O position for "MTA Bus Company" and email refers to "MTA/OA".... what's the difference?

Thanks in advance!

So if you click here and here, depending on the specific depot that you want to work out of, the title of "Bus Operator" is divided up between NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company. To make a long story short: Although this is a "Civil Service" examination, in which even the top of the first page of the Notice of Examination specifically states "New York City Transit," they are pulling people from these lists to fill their vacancies in MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company. If this is the case, and if I am correct, these folks will not be receiving a pension from NYCERS when it comes time to retirement, although this was a "Civil Service" examination.

Now, if you're interested in complaining about this, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there. If you can't do this, let me know and I'll help you figure something out.

13 hours ago, +Young+ said:

So if you click here and here, depending on the specific depot that you want to work out of, the title of "Bus Operator" is divided up between NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company. To make a long story short: Although this is a "Civil Service" examination, in which even the top of the first page of the Notice of Examination specifically states "New York City Transit," they are pulling people from these lists to fill their vacancies in MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company. If this is the case, and if I am correct, these folks will not be receiving a pension from NYCERS when it comes time to retirement, although this was a "Civil Service" examination.

Now, if you're interested in complaining about this, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there. If you can't do this, let me know and I'll help you figure something out.

I appreciate your response...I tried to send you a PM but it's saying you only accept one message for the day and try again later, or something like that..lol....to my understanding it seems most people who are already with MTA Bus and Mabstoa did a civil exam to cross over to TA, that means most of us on here will just have take whatever they gave us to fill their spots when they leave?.... that's kinda crazy!...plus if we do, we can't transfer our time over to TA and will lose seniority....where do I go from here?

4 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

I appreciate your response...I tried to send you a PM but it's saying you only accept one message for the day and try again later, or something like that..lol....to my understanding it seems most people who are already with MTA Bus and Mabstoa did a civil exam to cross over to TA, that means most of us on here will just have take whatever they gave us to fill their spots when they leave?.... that's kinda crazy!...plus if we do, we can't transfer our time over to TA and will lose seniority....where do I go from here?

You're welcome for the response. I'm going to ask @SevenEleven, who is a Dispatcher, to chime in. Unfortunately, about 9 years ago, I did not make it through the initial 10-Day Training Session, therefore I think he will know more about what to do and what not to do.

Just now, chrisarmand69 said:

Just got cleared by sleep Dr today, just waiting on his clearance letter to email to transit and get back to this final processing. It's been a journey these past 2 months but i can see the finish line.

Congrats! Good for you!

2 hours ago, chrisarmand69 said:

Just got cleared by sleep Dr today, just waiting on his clearance letter to email to transit and get back to this final processing. It's been a journey these past 2 months but i can see the finish line.

Oh great!!.One step closer to your new career..if you don't mind me asking, where is this sleep Doctor located?....did you have to pay out of pocket or your insurance covered it?...How long did you have to wait to be cleared by sleep dr?

Thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

Oh great!!.One step closer to your new career..if you don't mind me asking, where is this sleep Doctor located?....did you have to pay out of pocket or your insurance covered it?...How long did you have to wait to be cleared by sleep dr?

Thanks in advance!

Hey. The place is called Sunrise Sleep Diagnostics located on Coney Island Avenue. Yes i had to pay out of pocket like $700 for the sleep study then when the home cpap machine was ordered i paid another $400 now going forward insurance takes care of the rest. Today made 29 straight days on the machine. The machine has an app that you can track how well you did the night the before. All the data is stored in the app and you can send it to the Dr to review to see if you've met compliance and then he'll clear you.

11 hours ago, chrisarmand69 said:

Hey. The place is called Sunrise Sleep Diagnostics located on Coney Island Avenue. Yes i had to pay out of pocket like $700 for the sleep study then when the home cpap machine was ordered i paid another $400 now going forward insurance takes care of the rest. Today made 29 straight days on the machine. The machine has an app that you can track how well you did the night the before. All the data is stored in the app and you can send it to the Dr to review to see if you've met compliance and then he'll clear you.

Hey, thanks for that information...I live in Westchester County. I'm going to see if I can find a location close by!

14 hours ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome for the response. I'm going to ask @SevenEleven, who is a Dispatcher, to chime in. Unfortunately, about 9 years ago, I did not make it through the initial 10-Day Training Session, therefore I think he will know more about what to do and what not to do.

Congrats! Good for you!

Thank you for your help...do you think working with MTA Bus Company I can work out of a Bronx Depot?....

1 hour ago, Elocin721 said:

Thank you for your help...do you think working with MTA Bus Company I can work out of a Bronx Depot?....

Definitely! If you click here and here, there is the Eastchester Depot located in the Bronx and the Yonkers Depot as well.

Good luck!