Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Kexpress

Which old NYC Subway car should retire first?

Which old NYC Subway car should retire first?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which old NYC Subway car should retire first?

Which Subway car should retire First?

1. R32

2. R38

3. R40

4. R40M

5. R42

Which of these subway car should retire first?

I pick the R32 first because it should retire first.

Edited by Pablo M 201

i was unlucky to find myself in close proximity to cars 3610-3611 yesterday, you could not believe the tremendous amount of noise the brakes make as the set comes to a stop.

beware, it's on the (E)

Which Subway car should retire First?

I pick the R32 first because it should retire first.

That's not a reason.

Anyway, isn't this a bit late considering that we already have some idea of the order in which the remaining SMEEs will retire and a large amount of them have already been retired. It's like placing a bet after the race has started and an edge has been established.

That's not a reason.

Anyway, isn't this a bit late considering that we already have some idea of the order in which the remaining SMEEs will retire and a large amount of them have already been retired. It's like placing a bet after the race has started and an edge has been established.

Well I think It should retire first because It's 44 years old and it time for the R32 to retire.

Well I think It should retire first because It's 44 years old and it time for the R32 to retire.

Thats not the kind of valid answer he is looking for (if I may put into this), but oh well.....

That's not a valid reason. It should be based on the condition of the entire fleet and the cost of maintaining them, not by age.

That's not a reason.

I think that Funny Cide will win the 2003 Preakness :P

That's not a valid reason. It should be based on the condition of the entire fleet and the cost of maintaining them, not by age.

Okay because it has rusty roofs and its not an great shape.

It's like placing a bet after the race has started and an edge has been established.

I think that Funny Cide will win the 2003 Preakness B)

I think that the New York Giants will upset the New England Patriots in the 2008 Super Bowl. Who's with me? :P

I think that the New York Giants will upset the New England Patriots in the 2008 Super Bowl. Who's with me? :P

I'll bet my life savings to date...hell I'll even predict the final score! If I'm right I want 1000:1 odds...

MTR, see you like the R-32 and oldies but just don't want to say it out loud! Haha, I know it. And don't give no excuse!

I don't have any favourites. And dull personal attacks are uncalled for.

I said that through common sense. If they break down, the MTA would have to fix them up. The TA would have to pay up to put these cars in good condition which would take money. So in the long run, to prevent such incidents, it is better to toss them out and replace them with newer models so that the public could ride in safety.

MTR, see you like the R-32 and oldies but just don't want to say it out loud! Haha, I know it. And don't give no excuse!

That's a sucker bet, AW. :P