The R160 & The (A)/(C)

Fresh Pond

I was on wikipedia looking up the R160. I found out some interesting stuff... (some you already know, some you may not know, just read the whole thing)

1. The R160 is broken up into 2 orders- R160A, and R160B

2. The R160A is broken up even further- R160A-1, and R160A-2

3. The R160A-1 is in 4 car sets

4. The R160A-2 is in 5 car sets

5. The R160A-1 numbers are 8313-8652

6. The R160A-2 numbers are 8653-8712, and 9133-9592

7. The R160B uses two types of traction motors- Alstom ONIX AC traction and Siemens SITRAC AC traction

8. The R160B ONIX numbers are 8713-8842, and 9103-9132

9. The R160B Siemens numbers are 8843-9102

10. The R160B ONIX is sometimes coupled to the R160A-2

11. The R160 is intended to replace everything from R32-R42

12. All R160 cars are 60 feet long

13. Each car itself is $1,300,000 (1.3 million dollars)

14. Each car is 85,200 lbs (42.6 tons)

15. The R160 runs on the following lines (as of Dec. 22): (E), (J), (L), (M), (N), (Q), (W), and (Z)

16. The R160 order is still in progress

17. The R160A is made by Alstom

18. The R160B is mane by Kawasaki

19. The R160 has a stainless steel body

Now this one will dissapoint a lot of people, so brace yourself...

20. Because of a switch problem at Rockaway Av (:confused:) NO R160 WILL RUN ON THE (A) AND (C) LINES UNTIL 2012!!! :eek:

Now there you have it. For all of those who wants to ride a R160 on the (A)/©, you have to wait another 4 years. (or should I say 3 years because this year is almost over.)

Always open for discussions

i just removed from all pages the statement that said that R160s cannot run on the A and C until 2012 due to a switch at Rockaway Boulevard. the fact is R160s are not planned for the A and C. Next winter, the R46s from Jamaica will be moved to Pitkin and 207th Street to replace all R40M/42s. Wikipedia is not always a reliable source. Kexpress got blocked from that site as well.

i just removed from all pages the statement that said that R160s cannot run on the A and C until 2012 due to a switch at Rockaway Boulevard. the fact is R160s are not planned for the A and C. Next winter, the R46s from Jamaica will be moved to Pitkin and 207th Street to replace all R40M/42s. Wikipedia is not always a reliable source. Kexpress got blocked from that site as well.

How do you know Kexpress got blocked from wikipedia and why?

How do you know Kexpress got blocked from wikipedia and why?

because he was constantly adding information without providing a valid source, even though some turned out to be true. i yelled at him along with another member of the transportation project. idk why he got banned from here, though lol?

Because any train buffers can make up lies and make their opinions into lies (you can edit a lot of WikiPedia with an account.

Its not only train buff, wikipedia gives u the power to edit, whether u got an acc or not.. So it can be a lye u know~

Here is the thing, you cannot trust Wikipedia for transit information. It is better to trust what is given by the T/Os and the C/Rs who kindly place their updates here. You can rely on WideCab5's intel as well, a lot, if not all, of what he had said is usually true. The people who edit Wikipedia either get their information here, or made it up. Not every train personnel would bother editting Wiki pages.

As stated Wikipedia isn't the best source for info since anybody can edit the info without any credibility. I mean I can say the 160's are coupled with 179's on the (T) at this moment. If anything the (MTA) can always put the 160's on the (A) Lefferts bound if the problem still remains.

Here is the thing, you cannot trust Wikipedia for transit information. It is better to trust what is given by the T/Os and the C/Rs who kindly place their updates here. You can rely on WideCab5's intel as well, a lot, if not all, of what he had said is usually true. The people who edit Wikipedia either get their information here, or made it up. Not every train personnel would bother editting Wiki pages.

Careful what you say, its NOT only transit related, its everything. from tech to sex to world bs mate

because he was constantly adding information without providing a valid source, even though some turned out to be true. i yelled at him along with another member of the transportation project. idk why he got banned from here, though lol?

Im guessing it had to do with the fact that he did more of the same here and then publicly disrespected one of the more reputable posters here...

As stated Wikipedia isn't the best source for info since anybody can edit the info without any credibility. I mean I can say the 160's are coupled with 179's on the (T) at this moment.
You had one anonymous vandal a few years ago saying the T would run from 205th St to somewhere, later that year! We kept fixing it, and he kept putting it back.

Archived