Mixed train at 18th Av Station

Harry

Thats a very strange train. I have never seen anything that mixed before. I know the IRT used to mix alot of different cars on a train but I don't think the B divsion did it as much.

The B division were infamous for that.

But thing is, you usually don't see R40 slants mixed with another car type in a consist like you see in the picture above.

Ive seen it before. Back in the summer of 2005, when NYC was getting hit with a Hurricane; before hand, they took the B train layups from Stillwell yard, and laid them up at Neck Road ( like they do on weekends now), and there was a 10 car R40M set with 2 R40 Slants in the middle of the consist. However, I personally didn't see it in Revenue service, but I heard the same set I saw went into service the very next day.

Wow! Nice picture. Up here I've never seen a mixed subway set. I have, though, on the Trolley line see them latch up Type 7s to Type 6s. Very common.

Back in the 70s-80s they used to put Budd RDC's and Horizon cars together. [On the Commuter Rail, not subway] Never saw that personally, but I've seen pictures. Interesting to say the least.

• 5 years later...

A third 2007 thread revived!! WOW!!

Seriously, you have to SEARCH for these threads to revive them. Why go through the trouble??

The thread is 5 years old! Why?

What the hell is wrong with you dude?

Maybe he did a search on Sea Beach pictures, or mixed train pictures...

If G-d forbid he reposted this picture as a new thread, I'm sure all of you would have flamed the **** out of him!  If you don't like a post, don't comment.  Don't go out of your way to stand on your soap box and talk down to people  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If G-d forbid he reposted this picture as a new thread, I'm sure all of you would have flamed the **** out of him!

Why did you censor the word "God"? :huh: This isn't some politically correct nut job site.

The random thoughts thread exists exactly to prevent the scenarios described above.

Maybe he did a search on Sea Beach pictures, or mixed train pictures...

If G-d forbid he reposted this picture as a new thread, I'm sure all of you would have flamed the **** out of him!  If you don't like a post, don't comment.  Don't go out of your way to stand on your soap box and talk down to people   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

If he reposted the picture in the Random Thoughts thread, there would be no issue. There are things like the random thoughts thread that prevent talking down and hurt feelings.

Archived