What retired subway car would you bring back?

R421969

I would bring back the R27/R30s. I would paint them in redbirds scheme, have repair work done and they would ONLY be at Jamaica, Pitkin and 207 street for the (A), (C), (E), (F), (G), (R) and (V). I would also bring back the R26, R28, R29, R33, R33WF, R36 and R36WF fleet. They would be at East 180 Street ONLY for the (2), (3), (4) and (5). Also i would bring back they R110A. They would be at the 240 street yard for the (1). Then I would have the R110B at 207 street for the (A) ONLY!!!

If all things were possible, and they're not...

-rehab BMT Standards to operable condition for fantrips

-rehab BMT D types to operable condition for fantrips

-bring back an IRT Composite, save it and send it to the Transit Museum fleet (no original IRT cars exist)

-bring back the BMT Experimental fleet, and save that too...(all of the BMT Experimental fleet was scrapped)

Rebuild the R110 and the Redbird fleets.

I would rebuild the R110 and throw in some updated parts. Take out the strip map, and replace them with FINDs. Replace 'time/dest/next stop' indicator with the ones from the R143. Update the announcements, computer OS, and keep the bucket seating and call it a day. :)

As for the Redbirds, just GOH them, and run them back on the IRT. Loved the (2)(4)(5)(6)(7)<7> lines back then.

Too bad the R32, and R40S will be added to this list in time.

Rebuild the R110 and the Redbird fleets.

I would rebuild the R110 and throw in some updated parts. Take out the strip map, and replace them with FINDs. Replace 'time/dest/next stop' indicator with the ones from the R143. Update the announcements, computer OS, and keep the bucket seating and call it a day. :)

As for the Redbirds, just GOH them, and run them back on the IRT. Loved the (2)(4)(5)(6)(7)<7> lines back then.

Too bad the R32, and R40S will be added to this list in time.

IMO the R110B had the best design out of all the cars. The Redbirds are also a classic. The 7 isn't the same without them.

Of course I will say the R32-42's when they retire. Now I want to see them bring back the R33-36 World's Fair cars. I miss taking them to Shea Stadium. In 2003, I waited for them. Missed a lot of R62's in order to catch my World's Fair cars. I would love to see them bring back the R27/ R30 cars with the MTA paint scheme (white with the blue stripe.)

Archived