Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give you all some food for thought. RTO hiring has been postponed till June. The MTA plans to lay off and reassign 620 station agents. Around 125-150 will be re assigned and the rest laid off. This is scheduled to occur on May 7, 2010. If this happens this means some of the people on the promotional will no longer qualify to be promoted because they are no longer an employee, therefore the promotional list will get exhausted quicker due to less names being eligible. This means the OC list will come out quicker.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give you all some food for thought. RTO hiring has been postponed till June. The MTA plans to lay off and reassign 620 station agents. Around 125-150 will be re assigned and the rest laid off. This is scheduled to occur on May 7, 2010. If this happens this means some of the people on the promotional will no longer qualify to be promoted because they are no longer an employee, therefore the promotional list will get exhausted quicker due to less names being eligible. This means the OC list will come out quicker.

If your waiting for the promo and get laid off from your reg position, that is a big F U. Wow :tdown:

Hey Everyone,

i dont think it will move as fast as you think. there are still thousands of conductors, cleaners and bus operators on that list. plus the station agents that did not get layed off.

Conductors are on the conductor promotional??? What do you mean?

I know there are others on the list but still some will be bumped off the promotional

even if it's 100 or so

i was talking about the train operator list. my bad.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but have been lurking for a couple of months. I also took this conductor exam and I scored a 98.66. Does anybody have an update on the hiring for this job, or is there still a hiring freeze in effect?

Also, does anyone know the best way to go about getting a white collar job (entry level) with the MTA or Port Authority? I recently graduated with a bachelors degree and would like to work for the MTA or PA in this type of capacity. I looked at the websites, but did not see that many jobs posted. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Everyone,

i dont know if they can disqualify those people on the grounds that they are not an employee due to layoffs..........supposedly the union is still trying to work that out, but i'll tell you what i would do if they try to say im disqualified, id hire a civil service lawyer quicker than you can say r-9.........lol.........

whats a "preferred list"? does it have anything to do with what we're talking about? cuz if so...

Preferred Lists

CSL § 81.1

CSR § 5.5(g)

5.6(g)

Laid off and demoted employees are certified to fill positions from a preferred list.

On any particular preferred list certification, employees are ranked according to

their preferred list adjusted seniority. Inclusion on the preferred list certification

depends on several criteria:

• whether the title to be filled is the same title, a direct line title or a

comparable title;

• whether the position to be filled is in the employee's former layoff unit or

another layoff unit;

• whether the employee was a probationer or had completed probation at

the time of layoff;

• whether the position is permanent or temporary and whether the

employee has indicated a willingness to take a temporary position;

• the geographic location of the job and whether the employee has

indicated a willingness to work in that county;

• the previous declinations and reinstatements of each employee.

Given these criteria, it is apparent that an individual's rank may vary widely on

different certifications.

thats on page 22 of this http://www.cs.state.ny.us/pio/publications/summofcsl.pdf

its a lot of legal speak so i really have no idea what its saying, but if it does have to do with the station agents being able to stay on the list, can someone plz explain?

Once an employee is terminated they are no longer eligible for a promotion to a higher title. The employee can be offered if available a lower title or comparable title for example they are laying off 600 station agents of those 600 150 will be offered a cleaner position.

ok but is there anywhere in the link i just put up that says that? cuz like the last guy said, they could just call a civil service lawyer if thats not explicitly written in the rules, and they might hold up the process for months, if not years! if you're right though, and they get rid of the station agents and then in the next round of cuts get rid of the bus drivers, i could get called in a week! LOL

Archived