R142A 11 cars

Bracamonte

this photo does not prove R142/R142As can run in six-car sets. for all we know, that last car might be a single one intentionally coupled to the full train set. you cannot trust anything in a railyard because workers tend to fiddle around with the cars for reasons i do not know. if i recall, i remember seeing an R68 coupled to an R40 at the Coney Island Rail yard a while back.

oh here we go again with this crap.

back in 03, the MTA tested both R142 and R142A sets on the (7)<7> in 11 car sets. but they determined that there were third rail problems that rendered both types of stock inoperable on the line. this problem has since been remedied, but R142/A's wont run on the line again until there is CBTC on the line, and it will be in the form of up-converted R188s.

oh here we go again with this crap.

back in 03, the MTA tested both R142 and R142A sets on the (7)<7> in 11 car sets. but they determined that there were third rail problems that rendered both types of stock inoperable on the line. this problem has since been remedied, but R142/A's wont run on the line again until there is CBTC on the line, and it will be in the form of up-converted R188s.

Take it down a notch pal... :eek:

Archived