General Order Next Weekend: The Loss of the (R)?

R62A 1991

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH with all of these GOs on the weekends! Why do they keep affecting every single line each and every weekend? Can they leave some of them alone? Sometimes I feel there's no work being done whatsoever. For the passenger, getting around town on the weekends is absolutely horrendous at times.

Perfect example: It's currently beach season and there's no (A) service to Rockaway. REAL SMART! :mad:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH with all of these GOs on the weekends! Why do they keep affecting every single line each and every weekend? Can they leave some of them alone? Sometimes I feel there's no work being done whatsoever. For the passenger, getting around town on the weekends is absolutely horrendous at times.

Perfect example: It's currently beach season and there's no (A) service to Rockaway. REAL SMART! :mad:

But again, many of these GOs are for maintenance. Some are for construction, such as the F line being rerouted. They are annoying, but deal with it. If it affects your trip, plan it well. I learned my lesson when I took the train to my girlfriend's without looking at the service advisories for that weekend.

The Offical Notice for the (R) Aug 1-3

NO (R) Service Between 36 St/ 4AV to 71- Continental Aves.

Another reason for me not to pick the (R) wkend most train crews get reasigned.

The late night (R) shuttle doesn't seem like a bad job. What does it pay? How is it with seniority?

The Offical Notice for the (R) Aug 1-3

NO (R) Service Between 36 St/ 4AV to 71- Continental Aves.

Another reason for me not to pick the (R) wkend most train crews get reasigned.

Thank you! Now, I'll bet the (N) trains still can't display both "Sea Beach Lcl" and "via Whitehall" on their side LEDs yet...

There aren't enough shuttle buses to Rockaway Park either. You should have seen the line for the Rock Park shuttle bus at 2:00PM last Sunday. It stretched from the JFK parking lot back to the escalators at Howard Beach station, and yet there were only two buses picking up passengers on that line.

Since the G.O. is coming up next weekend, the MTA has made a take-one poster (I'm using the website's version).

They say that the (N) makes (R) stops between 36th St, Brooklyn & Canal St. But technically, since this is a weekend, the (N) is making ALL (R) stops from 36th St all the way to Lexington Av-59th St. They choose to say that the (Q) makes stops from Canal St to 57th St-7th Av instead of saying that passengers can take the (Q) in addition to the (N).

For stops north of 42nd St, they want riders to take the (E) or (F) to closer stations and walk. That's honestly the best option unless they make the 3-legged transfer: (E) to Lex Av-53rd St, (6) to 59th St, (N) to the stops.

One key factor they left out: The (7) has absolutely NO G.O.s scheduled for the August 1st to 3rd weekend (August 8th to 10th, they're running express Flushing-bound but north of 74th St-B'way). They should mention that riders can take the (7) at Roosevelt Av to Queensboro Plaza for easy access to (N) trains.

Now, in this situation, I would have suggested that the (Q) be extended to Astoria to deal with the crowds north of 57th St-7th Av, but since I understand that would cost money, I understand why they're not going to do that.

Unfortunate that the (N) is going northbound via West End EXP that weekend too, because now 45th St & 53rd St have no northbound service, unless they run ®s local north of 59th St, which they don't usually do because it's easier to turn around from the express track.

I happen to come home on the last weekend of this, so I don't get a chance to experience it. But, I say again, look what must happen when the line that is IMO the most prone to delays in the system is canceled.

and lets not forget the downtown (C) express G.O downtown (D) trains local G.O and (D) Trains running between 205th Street and 2nd Avenue and between W 4th Street and Coney Island

Thats not even relevant to this topic

Pretty convenient that you are coming home at that time, I will be railfanning several stations along the west end line along with several other G.Os to contend with.

and lets not forget the downtown (C) express G.O downtown (D) trains local G.O and (D) Trains running between 205th Street and 2nd Avenue and between W 4th Street and Coney Island

Thats not Major... Unlike NO ®s. Does every g/o needs to (;)(D)? No offense...

The (E) and (F) have been running local every weekend for the past few weekends (except for the one that someone else pointed out earlier in the thread) because of the track work at Grand Ave. That's why they've been "cutting" (G) service. As if they need a reason to do that anymore. I will soon email the (MTA) asking why they cut (G) service every weekend and see what the response is.

I remember asking them the same question sometime in 2006 (I was 13 at the time!), in addition to short (G) trains, the inadequate Smith-Ninth Streets terminal, no Culver Express service, etc. They said that necessary construction is the primary loss of weekend service, but even when I'm not around the Queens Boulevard area, or even in Queens period, I beg to differ that anything at all is happening.

Since the G.O. is coming up next weekend, the MTA has made a take-one poster (I'm using the website's version).

They say that the (N) makes (R) stops between 36th St, Brooklyn & Canal St. But technically, since this is a weekend, the (N) is making ALL (R) stops from 36th St all the way to Lexington Av-59th St. They choose to say that the (Q) makes stops from Canal St to 57th St-7th Av instead of saying that passengers can take the (Q) in addition to the (N).

For stops north of 42nd St, they want riders to take the (E) or (F) to closer stations and walk. That's honestly the best option unless they make the 3-legged transfer: (E) to Lex Av-53rd St, (6) to 59th St, (N) to the stops.

One key factor they left out: The (7) has absolutely NO G.O.s scheduled for the August 1st to 3rd weekend (August 8th to 10th, they're running express Flushing-bound but north of 74th St-B'way). They should mention that riders can take the (7) at Roosevelt Av to Queensboro Plaza for easy access to (N) trains.

Now, in this situation, I would have suggested that the (Q) be extended to Astoria to deal with the crowds north of 57th St-7th Av, but since I understand that would cost money, I understand why they're not going to do that.

Unfortunate that the (N) is going northbound via West End EXP that weekend too, because now 45th St & 53rd St have no northbound service, unless they run ®s local north of 59th St, which they don't usually do because it's easier to turn around from the express track.

I happen to come home on the last weekend of this, so I don't get a chance to experience it. But, I say again, look what must happen when the line that is IMO the most prone to delays in the system is canceled.

They should Extend the (Q) to 71st ave so this way Queens Bivd Riders will still have their Broadway service and the (E)/(F) won't be effected.

As for the SMEE's Since there will be some extra (E)/(F) trains and I think both are local, Expect to cacth one on the (E)/(F), I don't know about the (G) going down to 71st but if it does, They will also send the (G) down there.

They should Extend the (Q) to 71st ave so this way Queens Bivd Riders will still have their Broadway service and the (E)/(F) won't be effected.

As for the SMEE's Since there will be some extra (E)/(F) trains and I think both are local, Expect to cacth one on the (E)/(F), I don't know about the (G) going down to 71st but if it does, They will also send the (G) down there.

But what if they're doing work on the 60th Street connection? If that's the case then (Q) trains can't be extended. And they're must be something going on along the Broadway portion of 63rd Street if (R) trains can't go there either.

But what if they're doing work on the 60th Street connection? If that's the case then (Q) trains can't be extended. And they're must be something going on along the Broadway portion of 63rd Street if (R) trains can't go there either.

You can't send any (R) trains thru 63rd st via Broadway on weekends, That tower is closed and its only set for 6th ave service unless there is a G.O., If a (R) gets rerouted it has to go down 6th ave via the Bridge to get to 4th ave.

Archived