What station do you think is ugliest?

duelingdragons

Off-topic - are you screenshotting the whole page and then uploading it? An easier way to post those photos from nycsubway.org is to right click on the pic you want to copy, click "Copy Image URL", paste it here and put tags on it.

On-topic:

Lex. 63rd Street (F)

Roosevelt Is. (E)(F)

21st St. QueensBridge (E)(F)

Eh...

I can see why some of these stations would be considered ugly but IMO they're among the best stations in the system. 21st St. - Queensbridge is my favorite out of the lot, and would be better if it had some water leak control work done. Also, lucky for you Lexington Ave. - 63rd St. is getting rehabbed within the next few years for the SAS, and that red brick wall is going to be no more.

Off-topic but are you screenshotting the whole page and then uploading it? An easier way to post those photos from nycsubway.org is to right click on the pic you want to copy, click "Copy Image URL", paste it here and put tags on it.

Not to be mean, I wasn't using the whole page. I putted it closer to the station name and it automatically spaced. It is not my fault, the image is resized. And thanks for a easier tip, I really appreciate it.

Eh...

I can see why some of these stations would be considered ugly but IMO they're among the best stations in the system. 21st St. - Queensbridge is my favorite out of the lot, and would be better if it had some water leak control work done. Also, lucky for you Lexington Ave. - 63rd St. is getting rehabbed within the next few years for the SAS, and that red brick wall is going to be no more.

21st Street-Queensbridge station is not ugly. I live near both (D) and (N) train lines. And the 71st Street Station is better than the 18th Avenue Station.

Off-topic - are you screenshotting the whole page and then uploading it? An easier way to post those photos from nycsubway.org is to right click on the pic you want to copy, click "Copy Image URL", paste it here and put tags on it.

On-topic:

Eh...

I just think the colors and the lighting make the stations look ugly but they are good stations.

The stations on the Archer Ave extension are absolutely hideous. Nothing could ever make those look good.

On the other hand, Smith-9th and 4th Ave on the Crosstown Line should look quite nice once the rehab projects are completed.

Chambers St. on the Nassau St. Line is a wonderful station. The pinnacle of subway stations.

Chambers St (J) is oversized. I wonder: what's the point of having trains relay to the tail track past the stop when they could just send the train from the 'downtown express track' back north via the switches north of the station. The 'northbound express track' could've been rebuilt to handle the n/b local traffic and thus Chambers can be simplified to a 3 track station.

It was a mistake to remove the stairs from that center platform. they could've rennovated the platform and then close off the current n/b platform and perhaps wall it off.

Chambers can look good, but it's just too big and the MTA for years sat by and let it deteriorate to the point where they had to do some rennovations.

Chambers St (J) is oversized. I wonder: what's the point of having trains relay to the tail track past the stop when they could just send the train from the 'downtown express track' back north via the switches north of the station. The 'northbound express track' could've been rebuilt to handle the n/b local traffic and thus Chambers can be simplified to a 3 track station.

It was a mistake to remove the stairs from that center platform. they could've rennovated the platform and then close off the current n/b platform and perhaps wall it off.

Chambers can look good, but it's just too big and the MTA for years sat by and let it deteriorate to the point where they had to do some rennovations.

Chambers Street is a very interesting station indeed. The way it has aged gives it character.

As for the weekend procedures, I guess they use that tail track since it gives the train somewhere to idle and pick up passengers so it won't have to return up so fast. Besides, what if I'm on a 160 (J) train waiting to enter Chambers Street and unbeknown to me an R42 is at Chambers ready to leave and I want to chase after it? ;)

It's also kinda scary 'cause of its size. I wouldn't want to spend the night there.

Also, has anyone seen the house sparrows that live there? Last time I went there, there were a few of them flying around the station. It's a bit strange, considering that Chambers is underground.

It's also kinda scary 'cause of its size. I wouldn't want to spend the night there.

Also, has anyone seen the house sparrows that live there? Last time I went there, there were a few of them flying around the station. It's a bit strange, considering that Chambers is underground.

NTM the human defecate I see on the platforms from time to time.

With the rennovations, it looks a bit better now. I haven't been to 205th on the (D) in a while, but last time I was there it looked more like a cave.

I've seen pigeons at Broadway Junction on the (A)(C) platform. So, I would think the birds hitched a ride on the trains when it was above ground and got off where they did. So it doesn't really surprise me much now.

With the rennovations, it looks a bit better now. I haven't been to 205th on the (D) in a while, but last time I was there it looked more like a cave.

I've seen pigeons at Broadway Junction on the (A)(C) platform. So, I would think the birds hitched a ride on the trains when it was above ground and got off where they did. So it doesn't really surprise me much now.

I would think that they would either fly through the tunnels (unlikely) or through an entrance/exit (more likely). The only time I saw a pigeon on a train, the bird got off at the next stop.

Archived