R110a

trainfan22

yeah but why they just didnt throw them in the ocean with the redbirds it just makes no sense to keep it there if it never going to operate they should save one of the 5 car sets for the transit museum and fan trips and throw the other 5 car set in the ocean with the reefing program oh and did anybody ever recorded the sounds of the popution because i was what it sound like.

yeah but why they just didnt throw them in the ocean with the redbirds it just makes no sense to keep it there if it never going to operate they should save one of the 5 car sets for the transit museum and fan trips and throw the other 5 car set in the ocean with the reefing program oh and did anybody ever recorded the sounds of the popution because i was what it sound like.

The MTA might do two thing with them , the first thing is that they might put it back into service. They might put it back into service because they fixed the braking problem it had. That is what my uncle told me, since he works in the MTA.The second thing they might do is put it into work service. They might put it in work service after they scrap those R127/R134 .So it is less likely that they will scrap it anytime soon. Mybe the Scarp them in another 20 years.LOL

I heard the 110A and the 110B will not be seeing revenue service anymore (especially the 110B). They were really just meant for demos for the MTA. But it would be cool to see them. If it were up to me I would place each of the sets in the shuttles (110A to Times Square while the 110B goes to Franklin). I would like to see one of each model saved for the simple fact that these cars introduced the MTA to the new tech cars.

I heard the 110A and the 110B will not be seeing revenue service anymore (especially the 110B). They were really just meant for demos for the MTA. But it would be cool to see them. If it were up to me I would place each of the sets in the shuttles (110A to Times Square while the 110B goes to Franklin). I would like to see one of each model saved for the simple fact that these cars introduced the MTA to the new tech cars.

You know that sound cool. MTA should think that.

a little off topic, for those who want to see a R110B in person, there is one near the 25th Avenue station on the D line. look out the window going Brooklyn bound after 25th Avenue and you'll see it. or better yet, get off there but i forgot how to get there from the station exit

Its funny how many times the R110Bs hit the scrap line and still those cars are around. I won't be surprised if this time around the R110Bs go with the large number of cars that are going to be scrapped soon. Or just let them continue to collect dust. who knows.

If the body, chassis, and trucks are still good they could send them back to the builder (Kawasaki, IIRC), and have them rebuilt as R142As. They gain an additional 5 cars. As a matter of fact the A cars should be converted into B cars, and the now 1 of the 5 B cars each could be attached to the 4 lines train to make 5 11 car units.

• 2 weeks later...
they are just keepin it fresh so i can buy them later on.

Ever looked at how expensive trains are? I might not seem like it, but an R142 cost about $1,215,500 per car. You can see that might bring up some some money problems, especially for a like new train. Might want to start saving up some (G)(R)(E)(E)(N). (God, I can't stop doing that)

Speaking of which, it looks like it's fine... why can't they fix it? (or at least fan trip it or something)

Grrr. They need to take it out for us rail crazies! Say, if I go down to MTA headquarters, who do I talk to about this? (and what can I use to convince them... more trains per line?). They paid something like 20 mil for the train and they just let an apparently perfectly good train rot away? Can I march in there and talk to somebody?

Grrr. They need to take it out for us rail crazies! Say, if I go down to MTA headquarters, who do I talk to about this? (and what can I use to convince them... more trains per line?). They paid something like 20 mil for the train and they just let an apparently perfectly good train rot away? Can I march in there and talk to somebody?

347 Madison Ave.. Nope!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, time for my (2) Train (not 2 cents).

The R110A and R110B are both sitting around collecting dust. The subway should keep the R110B for the Franklin (S). (I know that has been thrown around already.) As for the R110A, they should be posted in a museum or send them to me (pss, I wish!) Sometimes I wish they can be sent to Freehold and use on a yet-to-be thought of subway el system.

Archived