R46 (C) train?

NYtransit

last night around 10PM i saw a R46 (C) train,but there was no passengers in side,it just had the (C) roll sign,and it was running on the local track.i saw this at 42nd street,i have a photo,but i dont know how to get it out off my phone,once i know how to,i will upload the photo.why was there R46 (C) train with no passengers inside? does any body know whats going on?

last night around 10PM i saw a R46 (C) train,but there was no passengers in side,it just had the (C) roll sign,and it was running on the local track.i saw this at 42nd street,i have a photo,but i dont know how to get it out off my phone,once i know how to,i will upload the photo.why was there R46 (C) train with no passengers inside? does any body know whats going on?

maybe there swaping the R46s from the (A) to (C) Like I said in other thread and moving R32s to the (A).

Send it to your online e-mail via text message. R46 on the (C)? Sweet.:tup:

Email the photo off your phone. Then from your email, save the photo onto your computer. Then if you have a photo-sharing account like photobucket or flickr, upload it to that, copy the direct link and then add it here.

Testing, They did the same thing back in the fall of 2008 when they were testing R42's and puting the 8 car marker and at the same time around 10pm, The (C) will have 2 trainsets of R46's in the future.

maybe there swaping the R46s from the (A) to (C) Like I said in other thread and moving R32s to the (A).

NO, They were testing the R46 on the (C), They were not swapping, We all told you that that swap with the R32's won't happen, The R32's will remain on the (C).

All B Div personal are quilified to handle R32's to R68's so that not it they can care less for T/O to adjust to new Equipment on a line. If its a new train then its another story but R46's are far from new. Most likely someone seen a light R46 and the T/O played around with the sign there is no need for testing unless they change it from 8 car R46 to 6 cars then a test train would have to run to see where they would put up new boards if any. However from all indications that is not the case.

So I hear now the (C) will become eight car R46 sets, the (A) will become R44 and R46 sets and the (B) will become R32 Brightliners. If true, this will be interesting to see.

I gather that an R160 to Jamaica displaces an R46 to Pitken which in turn displaces an R32 Brightliner to C.I./Concourse. Any idea what might happen to the (B)'s R68s temporarily?

So I hear now the (C) will become eight car R46 sets, the (A) will become R44 and R46 sets and the (B) will become R32 Brightliners. If true, this will be interesting to see.

I gather that an R160 to Jamaica displaces an R46 to Pitken which in turn displaces an R32 Brightliner to C.I./Concourse. Any idea what might happen to the (B)'s R68s temporarily?

Nothing, that's not part of the plan. The (B) is not getting R32s, it only got that set for extra service during the construction. The (C) is still getting R46s but it will still have R32s.

Archived