6th Avenue line

Abba

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:10/2/2009 12:05:26 PM

Due to a smoke condition at 53rd Street between 7th Avenue and 8th Avenue:

There is no (V) train service the entire line in both directions between the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station and the Lower East Side-2nd Avenue Station.

(:P and (D) trains are running on the (A) line in both directions between the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station and the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station.

(F) trains are running on the (G) line in both directions between the 36th Street Station in Queens and the Bergen Street Station.

Please expect delays in the (A) , (:), (C), (D), (F) and (G) train at this time.

Wow! A lot going on.

There's more: Brighton Beach-bound (:P trains and Coney Island-bound (D) trains are now running via the (F) between West Fourth Street and Coney Island. Southbound (D) trains return to the Culver Line for the first time since 1967. No (V) trains and the station at Seventh Avenue-53d Street has been evacuated.

All this iis due to a substation fire and witnesses are reporting "heavy smoke conditions" are visible on Seventh Avenue.

The (:) and (D) are running via the (A) between 59th Street and West Fourth Street in both directions. (4) trains are not running between 149th Street and Utica Avenue.

There's more: Brighton Beach-bound (:P trains and Coney Island-bound (D) trains are now running via the (F) between West Fourth Street and Coney Island. Southbound (D) trains return to the Culver Line for the first time since 1967. No (V) trains and the station at Seventh Avenue-53d Street has been evacuated.

All this iis due to a substation fire and witnesses are reporting "heavy smoke conditions" are visible on Seventh Avenue.

The (:) and (D) are running via the (A) between 59th Street and West Fourth Street in both directions. (4) trains are not running between 149th Street and Utica Avenue.

Where does it say that? I dont see it, except the (4)!

but anyways, so many G/Os for one whole day. Thats not good!

I am supposed to meet someone on the downtown (F) train platform at West 4th St today. Is the (F) running on 6th Avenue at all? I may need to call the person and describe the service changes.

The (F)...is probably running normally, but I would check upstairs first. Let's hope your friend doesn't get caught in this mess.

Posted on:10/2/2009 1:39:45 PM

Following an earlier incident (4),(7), (A) , (:P, (C), (D), (F) and (G) train service has resumed with residual delays.

man a huge g/o. Im guessing the last few trains that ran thru this g/o is still detoured, like the (F) via (G)? Anyone caught that?

Mark: I had gotten my information from NY1: Transit, but the MTA website has updated information which reports (:P trains are now not running in either direction. NY1 has a large story on their website.

its ok, every news site has the same thing, it should get updated later..

if you look on the MTA Site the smoke condition on between 7th and 8th Avenue is still going on but this time its affecting the (4) Line at the moment

The (6) train was just affected too about a half hr ago, but now it's back to normal

But if this thing is on 53 St, how come the (E) is not affected? And how does the (4) relate to any of this?

And MAA 89 the (F) is not running in Manhattan. It's on the (G).

Thanks. I'll call my friend and see how we can meet some other way.

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:10/2/2009 12:05:26 PM

Due to a smoke condition at 53rd Street between 7th Avenue and 8th Avenue:

There is no (V) train service the entire line in both directions between the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station and the Lower East Side-2nd Avenue Station.

(:P and (D) trains are running on the (A) line in both directions between the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station and the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station.

(F) trains are running on the (G) line in both directions between the 36th Street Station in Queens and the Bergen Street Station.

Please expect delays in the (A) , (:), (C), (D), (F) and (G) train at this time.

Wow! A lot going on.

That was a pain in the ass! Took 30 mins for an uptown (F) train to arrive at Delancey Street, only to find out it was not going past West 4th....so I took the (J).... I saw a (B) train at Delancey and I was like wtf is going on?!

Archived