Grade Your Home MTA Bus Route

EE Broadway Local

BM5: B+. It saved me during the flood of 8/11/07. It provides service on the dot (even though headways are hourly, which is perfect), and doesn't get MCIs, which it doesn't need. And the drivers floor it down Woodhaven Blvd. Nice and fast express service to ENY.

BM2 (Downtown Loop Only): B+. All downtown loop buses now serve Spring Creek, providing the worst-case-scenario alternative for me now. When I took it, it sped along in Canarsie. It only slowed down by the Junction, it needs new routing over there. Overall, a good route, I bet the super express is just as fast.

I don't live in (MTA) territory, so my "home" route would be the :septa:'s 130. Another bus that would be useful if i took the bus vs get ride would be the :septa: 127, which goes from the (NJT) TTC in trenton, to a nearby mall, where it intersects with the 130.

- A

Well the Q19, Q25, Q34, Q65, Q66 and QBx1 all stop nearby

I've never done the 19 or the 66, so I can't really grade those. The 66 does run pretty frequent during the daytime...

The Q25, runs frequent and also runs 24/7 which makes it ideal for getting back home at night for me.

The Q65 also makes its last stop in Jamaica but the good thing about this line is that it stops the closest to my residence on the way back to College Point. Also runs frequent. It also runs a much different route unlike the 25 and 34, which makes it somewhat faster since it goes down 164th St.

The Q34, like the 25 and 65 also makes its last stop in Jamaica but ends all the way at Willets Point Blvd, doesn't run as frequent as the 25 or 65 for that reason, I guess.

The QBx1 goes all the way to Pelham Bay/Co-Op City in the Bronx, it seems to run not as frequent. Have yet to try it.

• 5 weeks later...

BxM7: Surprisingly efficient for an express bus. It should run 24 hours, though.

QBx1: Win. Pure, unadulterated win. For me, anyway. People tend to complain about wait times, but there's tricks to catching it. My number one complaint, though: there's really odd holes in its scheduling.

Q22 sucks... very drawn out ride.... I took it about 3 saturdays ago (love that chinese food store on B 116th, just south of Newport av; near that firehouse)... even when those buses have few people on it, the b/o's crawl along the route.... then again, when you have but so much subway service out there, you can't have local buses zooming up/down the rockaways... lol...

Once upon a time, I hated the Q35...

I'd say, as of like 2006/07 onward, the Q35 has gotten better... unless it's during the summer (midday-early evening hrs), you seldom see buses on this route delayed by heavy traffic... I wonder if this is a "senior route" in FRK.... Feels like the shorter distance'd routes in suffolk county almost... There's this one b/o I always seem to catch, he gets to B 147th @ around 8pm... heavy set white guy... cool dude....

if I miss that bus & catch the one afterwards, there's an asian guy that does that run... dude had me rolling (laughing) one time when this bum came on the bus... the facial gestures he was making, as he was driving, was priceless....

---------------------------------

Qbx1, I just complain about it's service patterns... I haven't done any Bx fanning in a minute, but I got sick & tired of playing "guess where this Qbx1 is going", waiting for it @ pelham bay park.... maybe it's gotten better, iono... will have to try it out sometime soon...

b/w the BxM11 & the BxM7, those are the sweetest xbus rides in the bronx, hands down... the bxm7 got it beat (over the 11) though - I be surprised @ how quick we get from 23rd/madison to co-op city... just sit & think about the distance b/w those points....

Lol that QBx1 must be tricky, I must ride it one of these days!

I forgot to add the Q58, it's a great route and I recently found out that it was a great alternative for going out to Elmhurst, it seems to run very frequently and since it's a route that the Fresh Pond Depot runs the Cummins M11E Novas are a welcome sight here in Flushing! A+!

QM21 - (A) Comes very often in the morning, MCIs always seem clean.

Q111 - (C) Its fast, it can be very crowded, the O7 OG's are dirty at times and the last time I rode it the bus was squeaking very loudly.

Q113 - (:) Its faster than its sister (the Q111), it comes more often too, it has higher ridership so sometimes its more crowded than the Q111 but in my experience its less crowded, uses the same buses as the Q111 which are sometimes dirty and squeaky.

Archived