M-8 Discussion

St Louis Car 09

The M7s are excellent in my opinion and one of the smoothest commuter trains I've rode on presently at 80mph+. Their seat comfort is definitely better than that of the NJT MLV seats by far!

hey hey, I didnt say nothin bad about M7's. I like them :P

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
The front end of those new trains look ugly. It would have been better if they stuck with the same design theme of the M7 like how the M1 and M2 looked similar.

I'm sure they said the same thing when the M-2 first arrived and replaced the old NH washboards.

Connecticut banned third rail and most of the NH Line is in Connecticut.

Thats not 100% true. It's not so much that is is banned, just that back when the New Haven line was built, it was "strongly" advised against. Something about a politician, his cow, and a 3rd rail.

But cant trains going upstate, say to Poughkeepsie, use 3rd rail? I do believe MN does have M7s in their stocks.

they do. these M8s are designed to run via 3rd rail south of Pelham and vis cantenary north of there. theyre also designed to run via Amtrak's cantenary south of New Rochelle to Penn Sta.