Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

A dispatcher in the field is not a good source of information for hiring.....

Lol

1 of the dispatchers told me that a lot of probationaries are quitting once they found out that they are going to work around 14 hour days and that they are still short of C/R's and T/O's. I was told this yesterday.

1 of the dispatchers told me that a lot of probationaries are quitting once they found out that they are going to work around 14 hour days and that they are still short of C/R's and T/O's. I was told this yesterday.

You will work long hours . I have experienced that sitting on board then picking up a whole job a penalty job @ that! Plus my board time and dead head time ! Can't complain OT!!!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The word going around is that alot of conductors owe time to their pension... for example going out on medical leave or maternity leave during their careers....since they owe time they really cant retire.. so the wait might be longer for some of yall that are waiting... they REALLY need train operators tho...

The word going around is that alot of conductors owe time to their pension... for example going out on medical leave or maternity leave during their careers....since they owe time they really cant retire.. so the wait might be longer for some of yall that are waiting... they REALLY need train operators tho...

That's our next stop bro!!! TRAIN OPERATOR!!!

Just my luck when I should be in the next class thats when they going to cease hiring smh. Lord knows when they wI'll start again I called up an was told no classes are on schedule.

Yea that's crazy ! It will be ok! Bro !

@SubwayGuy is right. It's very rare XXL works 14 hours. Generally if your on the board a long time and a job opens up they may just give u the first trip or only half the job. If your like me and don't have any kids you'll learn to work the board to your benefit n enjoy all the extra money you'll pull in from the OT. However right now with all the new CR's out there hasn't been a lot of OT because there are usually a lot of ppl on the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hour work days are extremely rare for extra extra personnel.

Many days you will just do 8. Even if you start on the board the most you're looking at typically is 11-12.

@thekiday I was hired back in February but due to personal reasons I had to resign about a month later. So now I just requested that I be restored to the list. Hopefully I can get back in before the year is over.

Maybe some one can answer a medical question for me.I'm on blood thinners,would that DQ me from working as a conductor with nyct?

No it will not disqualify you whatsoever. However, you have to disclose this information to them. You also have to bring in some documentation from your doctor that this condition is under control as well as a list of any prescription medication you are taking.

• 2 weeks later...

@thekiday I was hired back in February but due to personal reasons I had to resign about a month later. So now I just requested that I be restored to the list. Hopefully I can get back in before the year is over.

did mta say that they will restore you?

Hey to all of you that started on June 30th's class...I'm seeing you guys posting a lot today...just wanted to wish you all good luck and tell you, your almost there....don't be nervous and take your time...again best wishes to you all ;-)

Archived