Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello folks, I just received a letter to report to 180 Livingston on 6-23-15 but cannot make it that day.

I was wondering if there is a phone number I can call to reschedule for a later date.

I am currently working 2 jobs with a single employer.

If I call out of the day job I will lose both jobs.

This is very short notice and it would be a shame to lose out on an opportunity that I waited nearly 7 years for but I can't afford to be terminated by my current employer to make this appointment for Tuesday 6-23-15. 

This only leaves me with 2 business days to try to reschedule.

P.S. 

The letter was sent to my parents house and not in my possession until I pick it up Friday night.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

noobzster if i was you i would not call but i would go there the next day if you can or on the first available day that you can as long as its not too far from the date. when you get there just tell them you received the letter the day before and they will advise you as to what to do or they will start to process you on that same day.

Hi everyone waiting you guys will also have one more available spot because like LIRR 154 I also did not go for processing because im already in and I was a few weeks from finishing probabtion and conductor pays less for me. Congrats and best wishes to all who's still waiting, my number is between 3K and 3050

I've been following this thread sine forever and I gave up hope on this a long time ago. My list number is still far away but I am hoping that it's reached in the upcoming months before the list expires.

I've been following this thread sine forever and I gave up hope on this a long time ago. My list number is still far away but I am hoping that it's reached in the upcoming months before the list expires.

I to hope that as many from list 8094 get called as possible but if not the next filing for conductor exam is Sept 5th so you have another shot to score higher.

noobzster if i was you i would not call but i would go there the next day if you can or on the first available day that you can as long as its not too far from the date. when you get there just tell them you received the letter the day before and they will advise you as to what to do or they will start to process you on that same day.

Thank you, we are talking about 7-10 business days later being the soonest I can get away from my current employer. Do you think that would be doable without seeming unprofessional?

• 2 weeks later...

I got my letter today! I almost peed myself in excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But man do they cut it mighty close with the appointment day.... I go in tomorrow :-) Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

List # 363X

Congrats and good luck.

I got my letter today! I almost peed myself in excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But man do they cut it mighty close with the appointment day.... I go in tomorrow :-) Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

List # 363X

Good luck and be on time or 20 mins early.

Congrats @MsHottieWithBody i heard they will be calling at least 60 C/R's a month for the rest of the year

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so excited. I just got back from HR.... average time for a call back???

Good luck and be on time or 20 mins early.

I was! I arrived exactly 20 minutes early... everything went smoothly :-)

Nice! I'm going for LIRR LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER. Did the whole process upto the Panel interview. Haven't gotten a call yet to see if I'm in the August class. But the whole process is from September to now. But patiently waiting for that call. ;)

@Mshottiewithbody if u were processed today then u should be in the next class which starts on July 27th, if not then definitely the August class. Now is a good time seeing how while in school car you'll have weekends and holidays off so you'll be able to enjoy your summer and come out on the road in October. Congrats and see u on the road!

Anyone here have any experience with declining and having their name restored? I just did that about a month ago (for the second time) and received the notice that I've been restored to my original place on the list, but I see other people who presumably have list numbers past mine who are receiving their paperwork and notice to appear.

Any idea how exactly that works? Trying to reach a warm body at personnel is almost like torture, so if i can avoid calling them that'd be great.

Archived