Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

@Mshottiewithbody if u were processed today then u should be in the next class which starts on July 27th, if not then definitely the August class. Now is a good time seeing how while in school car you'll have weekends and holidays off so you'll be able to enjoy your summer and come out on the road in October. Congrats and see u on the road!

Seriously?! that sounds too good to be true

They are hiring a lot of CR ! Lot of people are retiring a lot of you still have a chance

What did u guys score with a 3xxx list #?

My score was 93.3333333333333333333333333333333332

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MshottieWithBody - A buddy of mine just became a train operator this year after the whole training. And from what I remember last year, he got his letter around June 1st. And by the time he did the application, physical, medical and drug test and background check it was 2 months later he was in class. He started August 21st. About 2.5 months. But that was his case. Since he had to see a cardiologist to be cleared. and he scored a 93-94 I think.

@MshottieWithBody - A buddy of mine just became a train operator this year after the whole training. And from what I remember last year, he got his letter around June 1st. And by the time he did the application, physical, medical and drug test and background check it was 2 months later he was in class. He started August 21st. About 2.5 months. But that was his case. Since he had to see a cardiologist to be cleared. and he scored a 93-94 I think.

It's too bad I won't be seeing you out there on the road  :(  Since you'll be a Locomotive somethin somethin I forgot LOL

It's too bad I won't be seeing you out there on the road :( Since you'll be a Locomotive somethin somethin I forgot LOL

Maybe in a perfect world. "Stand clear closing doors please" hopefully it'll be you saying that next time I'm on the train ;)

Congratulations, MsHottieWithBody!!! I'm a female Track Worker. Sometimes foreman has me flag so maybe I'll see you on the road. Girl Power!!!

Awesome! Absolutely!!!!!  :D

Maybe in a perfect world. "Stand clear closing doors please" hopefully it'll be you saying that next time I'm on the train ;)

And if it is, best believe I will be calling you out! LOL

Awesome! Absolutely!!!!!  :D

And if it is, best believe I will be calling you out! LOL

@MsHottieWithBody and drenyce311: One thing for sure the CR and TO are much friendlier than the SA. I don't know why some of the SA have a problem with us TW. I must say RTO doesn't hesitate to wave, give the headnod, or smile when they see you flagging or walking along on the platform.

Anyone who has went through CR school car can you tell me what it consists of? 

It consists of door operations, cutting out doors, customer service and learning signals.  You also learn how to walk tracks, and how to descend and ascend a train.

Jul 27 conductor class is FULL. As of today, last appointed is 3481. I will be in the August class.

Best of luck! You don't even wanna know what I've been through to just be where I'm at right now in the process. It's not like I can take a test, get a score and wait. It's different in the LIRR ;)

It consists of door operations, cutting out doors, customer service and learning signals.  You also learn how to walk tracks, and how to descend and ascend a train.

is the signals test in here (where you have to score perfect if not your done) 

Best of luck! You don't even wanna know what I've been through to just be where I'm at right now in the process. It's not like I can take a test, get a score and wait. It's different in the LIRR ;)

Yea I dont think I wanna know either lol. I prefer the "test, score, wait" regime. I love my City of New York  :)

What is the highest number called not appointed? In the 35 hundreds?

I would recommend calling DCAS (212-669-1357) to obtain this information. After dialing this number, just press 2 and follow the prompts. You do not need to speak to a representative. Providing you took the exam, you should have access to this information (since they require you to enter your nine digit social security number).

I'm done applying for gigs with the LIRR. Never a response. At least with NYC Transit you pay the fee, take an exam, get a score and the process moves forward in a predictable way.

if you score in the upper 90's. I have friends who scored in the 80s and never got a call back. And one of my buddy's that went in last year. In school car they told him they're only calling people who scored 92 and up.

I'm done applying for gigs with the LIRR. Never a response. At least with NYC Transit you pay the fee, take an exam, get a score and the process moves forward in a predictable way.

believe me I know. I've been applying for the last 2-3 years. I finally got invited to orientation back in December. Right after Christmas. But it's a long process and I made it this far. Just waiting for that email or call stating that I can start phase 1 in August. Still no word. The good thing is that the people I've passed with they haven't received word also. It went from 82 invited to orientation, 42 showed up, 31 passed their cognitive exam and had a intial interview that same day. Then background check, if cleared. Invited to their signals and definition overview. Had 4 weeks to study for the test on all 126 signals and 110 terms and definitions. Has to be written verbatim. (Paragraph long). 34 invited for the overview, 29 showed up. For the test day only 17 showed up. How many passed. I don't know. But the trainers said they'll be lucky if they can get at least 7 to pass their exams. It's a bunch of work and slow slow process. But i guess that's why they do their due diligence.

Archived