Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

it seems the TO list# moves faster then the CO? i took both exams scored 88.75 on the TO and 90.66 on the CO

list number for the TO is 413X and CO is 613X

TO is @ 3316 i believe

i know for sure i wont be called for the CO hopefully i will for the TO one day

Yeah man C/R is a wash at this point. You need at least a 96, with a list number 3000 or less to have a real shot. For T/O you may have a chance. But both of these exams are at theier last legs, as they're expiring this year and next year. A new C/R exam is being offered this year. The next T/O exam should be coming out next year.

Hey everyone, I just finished up final processing and I start conductor Schoolcraft in April 20th. I'm looking foward to it! Anyone else going in the same day?

That's awesome. Looks like you have quite a bit of time before schoolcar. Consider all this time you have before schoolcar a vacation lol.

Yeah man C/R is a wash at this point. You need at least a 96, with a list number 3000 or less to have a real shot. For T/O you may have a chance. But both of these exams are at theier last legs, as they're expiring this year and next year. A new C/R exam is being offered this year. The next T/O exam should be coming out next year.

They are giving the new test already to MTA employees. 5716

• 1 month later...

@WillBx are the T/O exams open competitive exams or only promotional?

So you need to pretty much have a perfect score to have a chance as a CR. Are there other positions where the odds are better? (not bus driver)

The tests are not hard. Just don't overthink the questions, and as long as you have a good grasp of English, no learning disabilities, and basic math skills, getting 96 or better won't be a challenge.

The reality is the key is just getting your foot in the door if you want to work down here. Take any test, and then move around. it's always easier to promote than to get hired from outside since you get priority for promotional lists vs. open competitive applicants (for tests such as T/O where the exams are offered both in and out of house), plus it opens up more opportunities to promote to titles that don't hire from outside (such as towers).

First time writing on the board. I finally got a call for DT on 03/12/2015 havent heard anything since. From what i read my DT has expired and i have to take another one . Does any one know how much longer iam looking at to get final processing? I think the new class just started today hoping to get in the next one but havent heard anything about another class? 

@knyce34 your drug test is good for 90 days however when u go back to finalize the employment process and do your hearing and vision u will most likely be given another drug test. Just stay patient you will be called

Thanks for the reply OFlow I thought the DT was good for 30days. Feels like iam waiting  for ever iam so close but yet so far . just ready to get started Scared of another frezze which would delay me even further 

• 1 month later...

I got a letter to go in for drug test and some paperwork.on April 23. It is now exactly 4 weeks later and still no word though when i call the DCAF number the current list number is 3201 and my list number is 3305 it used to say I was on an outstanding certification now since I got the letter it says I'm not currently on outstanding certification. And I don't do any drugs or anything so a fail it's impossible. Just wondering how long the follow up call takes.Or if they still go by the numbers.I figured my number was called when I got the letter. Still optimistic I'll get called just the wait is driving me crazy. Any one have any similar experiences or had a long wait??

@tdeford most likely your gonna have to take 2 drug test And a medical b4 your hired.it a long process basically a waiting game. I took my dt on march 12 i just got called to take another this week so you can see how slow the process is

@tdeford most likely your gonna have to take 2 drug test And a medical b4 your hired.it a long process basically a waiting game. I took my dt on march 12 i just got called to take another this week so you can see how slow the process is

At least you're in the pipeline. The tentative fileling date for the new conductor test begins on September 5 2015. 8094 ends February 2016.

So all of you hopefuls if you have started the process you are sure to get called. It looks like transit may go down to the wire with this list. I believe they extended this list by 1 year already. So good luck to all of you. And if they don't reach your number, the next test is around the corner.

The upcoming tests are: station agent, conductor, and train operator.

Archived