Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Hi, I am new and just register for this account. my question is when will I be notified to start training/initiative for the hiring process. my number is 757 and I am currently full time enrolled in school and would need to stay in school until may. 2012. Another question would be if there is any other way to push back my list number, in case I need to further stay in school? thank you.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my question is when will I be notified to start training/initiative for the hiring process. my number is 757...

There's no real timeline as to when you would receive a pre-employment letter. It works based on the needs of the agency. Right now, only candidates up to list #624 are expected to be contacted. More than likely the list will go beyond that. It's only a matter of when.

Another question would be if there is any other way to push back my list number, in case I need to further stay in school? thank you.

From what I understand, you can reject the the pre-employment letter and then once you're ready(preferably 3 or so months before you're done with school) you can restore you're name on the list. You're given 3 chances to do so.

There's no real timeline as to when you would receive a pre-employment letter. It works based on the needs of the agency. Right now, only candidates up to list #624 are expected to be contacted. More than likely the list will go beyond that. It's only a matter of when.

So up to what list # have they already contacted? I just want to estimate the time it will take them to contact me...

From what I understand, you can reject the the pre-employment letter and then once you're ready(preferably 3 or so months before you're done with school) you can restore you're name on the list. You're given 3 chances to do so.

oh I see.. does that mean they let you choose when to restore back into the list? I am guessing they will give you a limited time period to do that? if so how long do they let you to decide when you want to restore your name back on the list?

So up to what list # have they already contacted? I just want to estimate the time it will take them to contact me...

I was contacted back in Sept. 8th, my list number is between 430-450. I'm still waiting for the call to attend their medical examination. Assuming nobody else was contacted after that date, list #s in the mid-400s would probably be the latest.

oh I see.. does that mean they let you choose when to restore back into the list? I am guessing they will give you a limited time period to do that? if so how long do they let you to decide when you want to restore your name back on the list?

You can choose to restore your name on the list as long as the list has not expired.

I was contacted back in Sept. 8th, my list number is between 430-450. I'm still waiting for the call to attend their medical examination. Assuming nobody else was contacted after that date, list #s in the mid-400s would probably be the latest.

You can choose to restore your name on the list as long as the list has not expired.

so, when I do get restore back to the list, would I be available for the next class?

and also, when does the list expires? I am sorry for these newbie question but i just discovered this forum so any help would be appreciated.

I might be entering a program in college that requires my full commitment, which is why I am asking when this list expires.

is there a direct number for me to call about where they are up to in the hiring process?

so, when I do get restore back to the list, would I be available for the next class?

That's the way it works. You'd be "ahead" of the pack since you'd have a lower list number.

and also, when does the list expires? I am sorry for these newbie question but i just discovered this forum so any help would be appreciated.

I might be entering a program in college that requires my full commitment, which is why I am asking when this list expires.

February 2015 is the current expiration date. The expiration can be extended another year or so, but so far, that's the date.

Like I stated, I recommended that you restore your name 2-3 months prior to finishing school. At the current rate, it seems the employment process for this position from start to finish can take 2 to 3 months. I don't know if it would be the MTA whose in charge of restoring you to the list or the Dept. of Citywide Administrative Services, the agency that administered the test. But just in case: 718-330-1234 would be the MTA's number and 212-669-1357 for DCAS.

Tricknologist, thanks a lot B), I just hope it's indeed true I can restore my name anytime before the expiration date, not that I don't believe you it's just that verify sources is always better in such a big decision. but thank you!

You're very welcome and no biggie on verification, always a smart thing to do.

FYI: according to some posters here, not everyone at MTA human resources is up to date on the conductor list. So if they tell you that the last person contacted is in the 200s, they have the wrong info.

That's not what I was told and heard from others while I was training. Flaggers are conductors that get paid their regular salary plus an extra dollar per hour.

THIS is why you have problems taking what he says at face value here hes been wrong so many times with info regarding what we do...

I was merely repeating information posted by other posters in the past.

"Why do you think you get paid Trackman's scale when you're flagging, and when you're on the road you drop down to regular Conductors pay?"

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f145/any-updates-track-worker-exam-5016-a-12307-2.html

Track Department is there own department with thier own flaggers.

Conductor(Construction Flaggers) are part of RTO another department..

Evening Everyone! I'm curious...if anyone doesn't mind answering my questions. What is the current hourly pay rate for MTA Conductors? And how much do they generally deduct for medical, pension & 401k plans from an average bi-wkly paycheck? I just want a general estimate on what to expect when I start, that's all. Thanks. :(

Archived