Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

I'd like to know where there going to squeeze all these people.
your the train conductor and you know better than me and they always had classes of 40 or more divided into small groups with other instructors having 10 people to a whole class for the training nobody i talked to ever heard of such a low amount they said to me its 40 people then broke up with smaller groups which sounds correct:tup:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your the train conductor and you know better than me and they always had classes of 40 or more divided into small groups with other instructors having 10 people to a whole class for the training nobody i talked to ever heard of such a low amount they said to me its 40 people then broke up with smaller groups which sounds correct:tup:

What I mean is where are they going to put all these people once they finish schoolcar.

What I mean is where are they going to put all these people once they finish schoolcar.

I would think they would put the new graduates to work.

So your'e implying the box is full, you do not see the need for more conductors? There are too many conductors? I wouldnt doubt it at all, but Ive asked a couple of conductors and they keep pointing out the post is usually understaffed.

So your'e implying the box is full, you do not see the need for more conductors? There are too many conductors? I wouldnt doubt it at all, but Ive asked a couple of conductors and they keep pointing out the post is usually understaffed.

I've heard the same thing also

I dont know which Div Dan works(If he did say it my bad) but the A Div has a Shortage of C/R's..

That's because the last 4 or so classes have all gone to the B Div.

There's a class posting in the A Div right now apparently. There have been students sitting around.

A Div does have a C/R shortage, but not so much of one as to require 120 conductors.

There's more of a train operator shortage in the A. A lot of people with a lot of time going out. Pretty much all of the Utica Ave. switchmen went out or are going out (I think one is staying).

But there just aren't that many schoolcar instructors to pop classes out like that. Remember schoolcar instructors don't just teach classes, they also have to do evaluations periodically on existing classes. They do have other responsibilities.

I'm posting the information I was given, which came straight from the horse's mouth. If it changes it changes, but that was the plan as told from the top on the day I inquired...like everything in TA "subject to change", but it may not.

To the uninitiated that will sound like a cop out...but to those who work down under they know that's how everything goes....ain't that right R32's would be retired by now crowd???

I'm close to #1000, and DCAS says I'm on an outstanding cerification...

At the very least, I know MTA will get that high within the next... 6 months to a year or so?

One step closer, even if its baby steps...

Yeah, a friend of mine who is the 1100s told me he was on Outstanding Certification as well. Exciting stuff :cool:

I'm close to #1000, and DCAS says I'm on an outstanding cerification...

At the very least, I know MTA will get that high within the next... 6 months to a year or so?

One step closer, even if its baby steps...

Transit approximately appointed about 500 in about six months. No reason to believe it wont roughly be the same for the next six months. Unless theres a hiring freeze or some immediate internal or national economic crisis (which btw is inevitable at some point) 8094 should reach 1000 appointees by mid-late summer. Thats my prediction, after that, who knows. Im not really convinced about ALOT of people retiring lately just because they can.

Transit approximately appointed about 500 in about six months. No reason to believe it wont roughly be the same for the next six months. Unless theres a hiring freeze or some immediate internal or national economic crisis (which btw is inevitable at some point) 8094 should reach 1000 appointees by mid-late summer. Thats my prediction, after that, who knows. Im not really convinced about ALOT of people retiring lately just because they can.

I'm hoping that those who are to retire do so in the next few months so MTA can get thru the 600s. But as some have posted at this moment it's been baby steps for MTA and this list.

I'm hoping that those who are to retire do so in the next few months so MTA can get thru the 600s. But as some have posted at this moment it's been baby steps for MTA and this list.

Just to add to that, its not that all the job openings come from people retiring, as they dont. Many openings come from people leaving on their own because they cant stand the BS, plus firings and promotions. Its just that back in 07-08 I remember there being alot of talks about a notably large number of people about to fullfil their retirement prerequisites and Transit would have to step up the hiring pace as they expected quite a few to leave. While people did retire, I think many might have held back because of the economic crisis were going through. You see, I suspect alot of people now might be slightly scared of relying on social security and/or 401k's or their savings and instead have opted to work a few more years and for good reason as our monetary system stands a great chance of collapsing. If that happens, it might be better to still have an actual job. And thus, no mass exodus of retirees, just the normal rates. And thats my opinion until I hear anything better.

They did not appoint 500 conductors in the last 6 months. They called in the loose vicinity of 500 eligibles for conductor pre employment.

The actual number hired is closer to 150-200 (I don't have the exact figures).

They did not appoint 500 conductors in the last 6 months. They called in the loose vicinity of 500 eligibles for conductor pre employment.

The actual number hired is closer to 150-200 (I don't have the exact figures).

Oh is that right, I most certainly was off by alot, but it makes sense now, thanks for the correction. At the bare minimum we can still shoot for roughly another 500 eligibles/appointees from now until mid-summer as we already seem to have over 1000 outcerts. You point out 150-200, what happened to the rest? waiting for schoolcar or something?

Oh is that right, I most certainly was off by alot, but it makes sense now, thanks for the correction. At the bare minimum we can still shoot for roughly another 500 eligibles/appointees from now until mid-summer as we already seem to have over 1000 outcerts. You point out 150-200, what happened to the rest? waiting for schoolcar or something?
that is so false i hate when people come on and spew lies they hired 400 already please stop you lies

:mad:

Once someone is called a number of things can disqualify them from hiring:

-Does not answer the call/not interested in taking the job anymore

-Fails drug test

-Fails medical

-Fails pre-employment portion of background check (ie facts do not check out...caught lying or embellishing either on filling materials for exam or on pre-employment packet)

-Still on medical hold

Also many of those called are still pending, as in they haven't been disqualified as per the above, but they're not finished with the process because TA hasn't needed up to that number for a class. TA will always call more people than they need because from a training efficiency standpoint (yes this is directly cost related) it is imperative that every class be filled to the desired number, and not a single body less.

-Fails drug test

-Fails medical

-Fails pre-employment portion of background check (ie facts do not check out...caught lying or embellishing either on filling materials for exam or on pre-employment packet)

-Still on medical hold

Also many of those called are still pending, as in they haven't been disqualified as per the above, but they're not finished with the process because TA hasn't needed up to that number for a class. TA will always call more people than they need because from a training efficiency standpoint (yes this is directly cost related) it is imperative that every class be filled to the desired number, and not a single body less.

ok i new they hired between 400-500 i did not know only out of that they hired 150-200 conductors i was mislead by someone did not mean to say you are spewing lies but now what you said does make sense ill take a back seat on this and just wait should be called up spring i hope who nos just hope they aint pulling the same crap with 1-3 rule now like they did to bus operator exam 8006 that was very wrong what the mta did.take care subway guy i look forward to your updates was a little confused but i apoligize bro.:o:tup:

-Fails drug test

-Fails medical

-Still on medical hold

I definately stand corrected and I most certainly will not argue to make a wrong a right and infact I'm mostly just happy to find out something that I did not even intend to find out and for that I'm thankful. However, when one calls DCAS the automated phone service tells you the amount of people last known to be appointed. And really what they tell you is just an approximation because the phone service isn't updated very frequent. My point is, you really could have just ADDED to what I posted, I never actually said transit hired 500 people in which case I suppose several people got confused. Recognize that some people arent just blatantly lying even though they dont know as much as you. Transit has infact appointed 400-500 people, they just havent hired that many and we should expect the pace to be about the same for the next six months or so unless otherwise noted. Please dont take that as a a shot to you, I appreciate your efforts at educating us very much.

I definately stand corrected and I most certainly will not argue to make a wrong a right and infact I'm mostly just happy to find out something that I did not even intend to find out and for that I'm thankful. However, when one calls DCAS the automated phone service tells you the amount of people last known to be appointed. And really what they tell you is just an approximation because the phone service isn't updated very frequent. My point is, you really could have just ADDED to what I posted, I never actually said transit hired 500 people in which case I suppose several people got confused. Recognize that some people arent just blatantly lying even though they dont know as much as you. Transit has infact appointed 400-500 people, they just havent hired that many and we should expect the pace to be about the same for the next six months or so unless otherwise noted. Please dont take that as a a shot to you, I appreciate your efforts at educating us very much.

The reason I post the things I post is that there is a lot of misinformation about this process out there, and people often wind up thinking they are a lot closer to getting called than they are. Part of the wrong information stems from misinterpretation of information from DCAS (which, since Transit now has taken over all their own exams, is going to be secondhand at best).

All "outstanding certification" means is that DCAS has sent a name over to Transit in list order, as per Transit's request.

Transit could request 2,000 names tomorrow, and someone will call DCAS and think "OMG its right around the corner" when they hear the "outstanding certification" phrase even though they may be the very last name down on that list just sent over.

Transit requesting the names does not bind them to anything. Honestly, it's such a preliminary step, it's not even worth noting. The only important numbers in this entire process to any applicant are the last number called, and the last number appointed.

When "last called" starts getting mixed up with "last name forwarded from DCAS to Transit" is where misinformation comes from.

In other words, it doesn't really make sense to call DCAS. The only time to call DCAS is if you hear a number behind yours has been called, and you haven't received anything...which would be cause for concern.

Archived