Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Subway guy is 100% right . From the last conductor exam in 2004 the last eligible certified was 3668 and did they even get up to #?, no the last number appointed was

3025 . The only number that's important is the last number reached for appointment .

If being reached for appointment (being called up to Livingston) means being appointed, then what your'e saying is exactly my point. I dont understand why it got misconstrued.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If being reached for appointment (being called up to Livingston) means being appointed, then what your'e saying is exactly my point. I dont understand why it got misconstrued.

Appointed means that you we're hired. You would think with all the knowledge on this site people would know by now what all the DCAS language means by now. Last Eligible Certified means an agency has been sent your name and information for pre-employment, Last Eligible Appointed means the last list number hired. So when you call DCAS you'll hear something like The number of the last eligible number certified is 1023 and the list number of the last eligible appointed is 523. That means TA (Or another agency) has received 1023 names so far, but may have only called up to say 700 people for pre-employment, but that doesn't mean they've hired 700 people or 523 for that matter. That's just the last list number hired. Just look at it as about 50% of people get hired from who ever they call. I could be wrong about the percentages but you get what I'm trying to explain so far.:tup:

Appointed means that you we're hired. You would think with all the knowledge on this site people would know by now what all the DCAS language means by now. Last Eligible Certified means an agency has been sent your name and information for pre-employment, Last Eligible Appointed means the last list number hired. So when you call DCAS you'll hear something like The number of the last eligible number certified is 1023 and the list number of the last eligible appointed is 523. That means TA (Or another agency) has received 1023 names so far, but may have only called up to say 700 people for pre-employment, but that doesn't mean they've hired 700 people or 523 for that matter. That's just the last list number hired. Just look at it as about 50% of people get hired from who ever they call. I could be wrong about the percentages but you get what I'm trying to explain so far.:tup:

Ok yeah I understand, but why are you throwing this at me? I said that according to DCAS transit has appointed approximate 500 and that for the next six months we should probably expect the same amount, this is what you get when you call them up. This is what happens when someone makes at least a currently accurate statement and pundits find a way to say you are wrong, just let it be, there isnt anything innacurate in it and if there was that's DCAS's fault.

Sorry to interrupt the argument going on here, but has anyone here who took their intial drug test on September 8 been called for a medical? To date, I have only been called for a 2nd drug test.
sorry donald did not hear from anybody on here yet we all got to stick together yes me and others blow off a little frustration from time about subjects but donald we dont have anywhere near the people on bus operator lists there is only a handful of us on conductor we just got to report on whatever we hear thats going on with conductor hiring its getting very stressfull for me and others after getting rejection letter 1-3 rule for bus operator i still hope they dont pull the same thing here just have to wait to see who posts what they hear you said your 2nd drug test now that is not sounding very good at all thats what started with 8006 then the letters were sent out just hope it wont happen ???

:confused:

Just hang in there guys you'll have your day. Also don't rush into this mess which is the MTA. The job is getting worst and worst, it ain't the great job it used to be once upon a time. You'll pretty much be giving up your family and social lives and not be appreciated for it by the riders or your employer. We work is some of the foulest conditions and generate the most revenue for this city and everyone hates us for it lmao, go figure. But like I said you guys will be fine. don't fret over it.

Just hang in there guys you'll have your day. Also don't rush into this mess which is the MTA. The job is getting worst and worst, it ain't the great job it used to be once upon a time. You'll pretty much be giving up your family and social lives and not be appreciated for it by the riders or your employer. We work is some of the foulest conditions and generate the most revenue for this city and everyone hates us for it lmao, go figure. But like I said you guys will be fine. don't fret over it.

Not to mention all the drama of Labor Relations, THATS when it hits ya when you are looking at Major Days for bullchit....:)

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats! My medical is on the 9th. Can you briefly explain what they check for the medical? and what elses we gonna be doing that day?? Thanks

This is just an update to this thread. Did my medical today, training starts Feb 27th. List number in the mid 430's.

Thank You. First they ask you to answer some medical questions on the computer, then they check your urine, eyes, heart,weight and hearing, then the doctor sees you and let you know if you pass your medical. The hearing test is really scary, you have to hold your breath in because the sound is really low. After that it is all paper work. Be prepared to spend the entire day, and good luck to you.

Well, I just went for my medical and, surprise surprise, I'm on medical hold. :( I knew for many months that was going to happen so I'm not surprised. You remember Andrew's post from a a while ago where he said that your blood pressure is always higher when the MTA takes it than it is normally? Well, he is 100% correct. I hope to have the medical hold cleared up by next week. It's nothing major so I don't foresee any significant problems.

Make sure you get there early because the sooner you arrive, the sooner you leave. They say it is an all day ordeal, but if your one of the first people to get a ticket, you will be out before 12:30.

Thank you bro. You were right about the hearing test, must hold breath and listen very carefully. The only problem i had was the eye test, but still passed. The medical takes the longest time, i was seating at the medical waiting area from 8:30 to like 1:30pm. then was one on one interview, checking all paperwork, and then take photo for ID.

To everyone that's waiting, my list # is 445-450. Good luck to all.

I also MISSED the 2/27 class. So my class is 3/19.

Thank You. First they ask you to answer some medical questions on the computer, then they check your urine, eyes, heart,weight and hearing, then the doctor sees you and let you know if you pass your medical. The hearing test is really scary, you have to hold your breath in because the sound is really low. After that it is all paper work. Be prepared to spend the entire day, and good luck to you.

The hearing test is really scary, you have to hold your breath in because the sound is really low.

Your 100% correct. I literally had to hold my breath and stop swallowing because doing so prevented me from hearing the sounds. I've never before taken a hearing test with such low sounds in my life. I took the NYPD medical exam a few years ago, and it was 10 times easier.

The vision test is also hard because there are no letters. Instead, it is all circles. It's NOTHING like the vision test you may have taken at the DMV or your doctor's office. So make sure you have strong glasses if you have any vision problems. People do forget to bring their glasses, so it is vital you bring them.

Your 100% correct. I literally had to hold my breath and stop swallowing because doing so prevented me from hearing the sounds. I've never before taken a hearing test with such low sounds in my life. I took the NYPD medical exam a few years ago, and it was 10 times easier.

The vision test is also hard because there are no letters. Instead, it is all circles. It's NOTHING like the vision test you may have taken at the DMV or your doctor's office. So make sure you have strong glasses if you have any vision problems. People do forget to bring their glasses, so it is vital you bring them.

I also did the NYPD medical, and their hearing test was a peice of cake compare to this. But i guess they are testing us like this because of the nature of the job. This was the only test that i was really nervous about.

What happens at the one-on-one interview? Do they question you about things you wrote? Or is it merely to make sure you answered all the questions?

It is merely to make sure that you answered all the questions on the 22 page booklet,and makes sure that all your paper work are in order.

I am sorry if this question was asked before, but could anyone tell me if we would be tested on any of the books that was given to us on hire day, and which ones i should be reading first? I start training on the 27th Feb. Any feedback would be appreciated.thanks.

You need your rule book with you everyday.

And you need to carry your rule book with you everyday you work for transit. They do random checks to see if you have all your tools.

MDC Key

R-9 Key

Watch

Vest

Gas Mask

Safety Glasses

Correct work shoes

Uniform Check

Sign changer

Gloves

Radio

Hat

Butcher Book

Schedule Card

Ect..

You need your rule book with you everyday.

And you need to carry your rule book with you everyday you work for transit. They do random checks to see if you have all your tools.

MDC Key

R-9 Key

Watch

Vest

Gas Mask

Safety Glasses

Correct work shoes

Uniform Check

Sign changer

Gloves

Radio

Hat