Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

So I went in for a pre-interview and drug test today. I thought I was gonna be in there for a whole day but I got sent home after 3 hrs there with a 21-page packet to fill out. They told me that they will call me for another appointment. Already started to fill it out but what should I expect next, guys?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I went in for a pre-interview and drug test today. I thought I was gonna be in there for a whole day but I got sent home after 3 hrs there with a 21-page packet to fill out. They told me that they will call me for another appointment. Already started to fill it out but what should I expect next, guys?

You'll get a phone call to come back for your medical and final processing. You'll have to bring the 21-pager filled out with you, as well as the three IDs (photo, SS & birth cert). They'll give you more paperwork to fill out and then have you sit at a computer filling out medical questionares. Then you'll get 5 tests done (hearing, blood pressure, EKG, urine for diabetes, and vision.) If you pass all 5, you'll be "interviewed" in such that they'll go over your 21-page application, fingerprint you and I assume they also take your photo for ID and swear you in.

I went today for that 2nd step for train operator, but was put on medical hold for a problem with the EKG, so now I have to get that settled with my M.D. Good luck to you!

If you don't mind where r u on the list?

Don't expect to get your entire uniform right away as it will get mailed to you, but the shoes are handled by a store at 61-Woodside. You will go over there as a class to get them. In the meantime any black shoes/boots will do, along with a light blue button down shirt, and dark blue or black pants (you might want to stock up on a couple pairs of Dickies, since the pants always seem to be the last thing mailed out). Once you pass schoolcar and are on the road, you will be eligible for a second pair of shoes/boots, which you can pick up from the store on your own time (give them your pass and it will cover the expense).

Nah snowblock, SIRTOA does not provide C/R with shoes. You must buy them and it's either steel toe or composite. He can go to sears or some place like that. I personally bought mine from Amazon. These were the ones I used while I was a C/R there: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000XEG1DI well worth the price.

Ok because I got hired for Staten Island railway conductor and I have orientation next week so I should be expecting my uniform and boots that day?

for SIRTOA follow their instructions. Buy the shoes, unless they've speeded up process, you'll get bits of the uniform here and there after maybe a month or so.

INDman let me ask u a ?,,,for the longest i been looking into the PATH for c/r,,,how u get into it,,,?

You have to look for job openings on the PA site. I came in as an agent and did that for 5 months I was supposed to go to motors but then Sandy hit. Hiring is very random though.

Ok just wanna make sure SIRTOA school car is given in the mornings right

yup, it will be in the morning. One thing with Sirtoa, take notes about the right of way since to pass their training, you need to complete a map of the railway with all the interlockings, circuit breaker houses, overhead and underhead street bridge names, mainline and yard track numbers and of course station names. They won't ask for it to be done out of memory only so you can use your notes.

Archived