Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could a C/R take a demotion to a B/O if a B/O makes more money?

I was wondering the same thing.

Nothing on my end... 968 here.

Last I checked someone in the 890s was going in for pre-employment but that was over a month ago.

I'm 887 and I went in for pre employment November 5th.I'm patiently waiting for a callback now

Most recent (official) update:

Last # Certified: 2300

Last # Appointed: 861

So certified goes up by 1000 and hired only goes up by only 150 or so since the summer? ughh...

Yeah it's tough waiting around when it's just around the corner. Remember those numbers from the DCAS hot line are always pretty outdated. Looks to me like you'll most definately be in schoolcar at least before next summer. So stay healthy and start prepping up your life, because it wont be terribly long before you are called.

I called dcas for the latest and got the same info with one exception , I am no longer on an outstanding certification. My list # is in the 1300's. Maybe it is a glitch or digital typo! According to the dcas the last certified is #2300 so I am wondering what the #$%* is going on?

I called dcas for the latest and got the same info with one exception , I am no longer on an outstanding certification. My list # is in the 1300's. Maybe it is a glitch or digital typo! According to the dcas the last certified is #2300 so I am wondering what the #$%* is going on?

Yeah, I too called and noticed the same thing. I wouldnt worry about it as were not even close to recieving call up notices. I found it odd enough to even be placed on outstanding certification so early. Good things come for those who wait and it's coming :rolleyes:.

For now it's best to pay attention here.

For what it's worth, I'm still on outstanding certification. Yet, I can't believe I actually got away with Christmas vacation without getting a letter here at home since there have been people within 80 people ahead of me that have gotten letters (but no one behind me AFAIK)

For what it's worth, I'm still on outstanding certification. Yet, I can't believe I actually got away with Christmas vacation without getting a letter here at home since there have been people within 80 people ahead of me that have gotten letters (but no one behind me AFAIK)

Yeah, but no that's not worth anything. You are number 968, it makes perfect sense for you to be placed on outstanding certification.

For over a year now? Ugggh this wait is too much, especially when the T/O list is going at almost light speed compared to this list.

HHmm well that somewhat explains why people as low on the list as 1800 were placed on outstanding certification until recently. Sounds like DCAS was sending the MTA probably 1000 names at a time or something. Let's wait for a better explanation.

AHHHHHH finally got the pre employment letter! Upper 980s for Jan 9th. Maybe 2013 will be awesome after all :)

Well congrattalatta and best of luck to you. And I hope you dont actually live in poughkeeps(IE) and arent planning on metro northing it to the city everyday, but if you are well, that's alot of train time between the subway and MN.

Well congrattalatta and best of luck to you. And I hope you dont actually live in poughkeeps(IE) and arent planning on metro northing it to the city everyday, but if you are well, that's alot of train time between the subway and MN.

Lol! Nope not from Poughkeepsie, I deal with Metro as, little as possible, don't have a happy history with them. I'm looking to move to the Bronx but i'm in Yonkers for now

Major question for those that got their employment letter yesterday or today and are suppose to appear on 1/8.

I got a letter as well yesterday and i'm mid 900 on the conductor list BUT the letter I got says this is to fill immediate Bus Operator vacancies if I want that job, but if I pass on this B/O position my name will still be called when my list number for Conductor is reached.

So did you all get a letter to come in for the Conductor position or a letter to fill for Bus Operator position if you choose to?

Oh and why does the first sentence say "In order to be considered for probable appointment as a Bus Operator(Revenue Vehicle)...

The exam # is the correct one 8094 though...

Edit: Apparently the C/R list is being used to fill TA B/O vacancies as well, WTF? Don't they have like 3 lists open for B/O?

If you got that letter about the bus operator don't go to Brooklyn. They are only processing for B/O right now. I changed my shift at work to come all the way down here at the crack of dawn to be told they are only screening for bus operators and not conductors. So annoyed!

At the very least if you did go down you should get a copy back of the letter stating that you declined the position with a timestamp on it. In case they screw up later you can say that you declined the bus operator position but are still interested in the conductor position and you got the proof that you declined a position that you did not apply for.

I was trying to tell someone else in another thread to double check their letter beforehand however....

And I did mention beforehand that my letter was for Bus Operator clear as day....

Archived