Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love having weekday RDO's, I hate going to dinner, shopping or the movies on the weekends and stand on long lines or wait for beepers to ring to be seated. My RDO's are Thurs/Fri and I will keep these RDO's for the rest of my time down here. If I need a Sat of I just put in an AVA and have a three or four day weekend. Plus having weekdays off I can go to Dr Appointments or take care of whatever business related matters I need to take care of.

Ha! Good one. Nothing is ever a short hop when dealing with Transit.At least that's what I gather from my time on these boards. Figure out a way to hang tight, this is a pretty good post with a system that will forever be in place, it's worth it. Plus you have a %99.99 chance of being called up for the opportunity. Now's the time to get in also before these Union contracts get even less savory .Me? I screwed up and am all the way down in the 1700's, so I'm looking at early 2014 and by then the 1-3 rule will almost certainly be in full effect wreaking havok

well ppl i have some decent news. today i spoke to a woman from hr. she was so nice and polite. not rude and wanted to get me off the phone. i was told that there is a class september 24th of 20 ppl.one in oct. and november of 20 ppl a class.there wasnt a date for those classes as of yet. and the list went back to 699 because of ppl getting their name put back on the list.so we have a few good months ahead of us.. good luck to all!!!!!!

Has anyone heard of any classes coming out soon?

september 24th

well ppl i have some decent news. today i spoke to a woman from hr. she was so nice and polite. not rude and wanted to get me off the phone. i was told that there is a class september 24th of 20 ppl.one in oct. and november of 20 ppl a class.there wasnt a date for those classes as of yet. and the list went back to 699 because of ppl getting their name put back on the list.so we have a few good months ahead of us.. good luck to all!!!!!!

september 24th

It's 10 for September 24th, 20 October 8th, 20 November 12 and 20 December 3rd (of course subject to change by HR).

I wonder what is lost or gained by having Transit directly administering the exams and holding in their entirety the list placements. Probably nothing, but if that was the case then why even want to directly own the holy mess.

If tranist is giving the Test are those folks under the same civil serivce laws and regulations??? Think about it...

Well there aren't any concrete details on that as of yet, are there rtoman? Transit will almost certainly institute a brand new set of rules including higher educational and job experience requisites for some jobs, I just wonder how similar will they be to DCAS. I think even now Transit makes up the rules and DCAS runs the rest anyway.

Well there aren't any concrete details on that as of yet, are there rtoman? Transit will almost certainly institute a brand new set of rules including higher educational and job experience requisites for some jobs, I just wonder how similar will they be to DCAS. I think even now Transit makes up the rules and DCAS runs the rest anyway.

Not as of yet but knowing how they are bed buddies with that yahoo up in Albany even though hes effing the system with Money...

Just received my letter for medical and interview after taking my drug test back on the 27th of July! I was waiting for a phone call, but got a letter instead, still a happy camper. Any advice from the senior guys on this forum about the hearing test and interview process, any help would be appriciated.

A letter for medical, interesting... You're somewhere in the 700s right?

As for the interview... It's not a traditional interview, you basically (among other things) hand in your papers, go over your info with the "interviewer", they tell you what the job is about, they take your picture, swear you in, and give you a start date (and more papers regarding the job)

From what I've read in this very thread, the medical process will be among the most nerve wracking experiences of your life. Those quacks can make or break your progress toward the job.

Best of luck!

Any advice from the senior guys on this forum about the hearing test and interview process, any help would be appriciated.

when you go it will be an all day process. Get there early. Carry a light lunch or snacks. You'll have to go hand in all your documents and that full history packet they gave you to fill out.

Once they start processing you for your medical, they'll have you get on one of the computers and fill out two surveys pertaining to your medical history. After that a nurse will call you in and take your weight and blood pressure (make sure you don't get annoyed at waiting long because it could mess you up here).

Once they're done with the basic checks, they will start doing the other exams, EKG, urine test for diabetes, vision exam which will also check for color blindness and peripheral vision and finally the hearing test in the "sound isolated" booth.

After they've finished all the exams (which they might or might not do all in one shot) you'll go back to the waiting room and wait for the doctor. Once the doctor calls you in, she or he will look over the exam results and the two surveys you filled out on the computer. If they need clarification they'll dig a bit deeper but you should still be good. They will then do a quick physical, check your balance and other doctor stuff.

If you passed, they'll sign off on you and send you back to the main desk and hand them the doctors note. They will then bring you into the interviewers room and process your paperwork, tell you about the job, what it entails, the 24/7 demand it has, if all checks out then you get your prints taken out and get your induction sheet which has your hire date, the date you need to go for school car. Then you'll finally get your photo taken for your ID which you'll get when you report to school car.

Archived