Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing those hydraulic cars in person is just fascinating. Yesterday at Coney island a cadillac was basically shifted to one corner. I can't really describe it, but it was just hilarious seeing the driver driving while the car was in that position. There was also a mercedes amg and a ferarri (either a 430 or 458* need to check) behind it. Dunno what was going on, but it was worth the trip there even though it was by accident.

Edited by Grand Concourse

True, but it looked like one of the upper scale models. if only i was better on my car knowledge. I think it was a cl63 amg (didn't think i got a shot of it as it zoomed by before I got a clearer shot of it, but I managed to snap a pic of the upper left corner).

Checking on the Ferrari, I believe it was the 430.

Yeah, possible, coney was packed sunday.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Just wanted to say something.

With all the crap that's going on currently on this site, and others like it, namely Subchat, I have to admit it's getting crazy in the online community. That's without factoring other social media sites such as Facebook as well.

The transit community sure is interesting, in it's own right that is, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's great to be back...

With all the crap that's going on currently on this site, and others like it, namely Subchat, I have to admit it's getting crazy in the online community. That's without factoring other social media sites such as Facebook as well.

The transit community sure is interesting, in it's own right that is, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's great to be back...

Nice have you back bro, that's what's up, werd. Just as a heads up though (I know you're a bit out of the loop and catching up on things here it's all good), as per the moderation team, let's keep this aspect of this situation limited to chat or PMs only. Cool.

Edited by realizm

Nice have you back bro, that's what's up, werd. Just as a heads up though (I know you're a bit out of the loop and catching up on things here it's all good), as per the moderation team, let's keep this aspect of this situation limited to chat or PMs only. Cool.

Major apologies to you or anyone else that felt my post was antagonizing a dead issue.

Quite honestly I'm out of the loop in just about everything in my life right now. Too much crap really, and sadly it seems that it's only on online social media sites where I can just chill.

Speaking of which, my schedule today was jacked up. I found out that I entered my courses beginning today, only to find that I arrived too late. In addition the way I organized things at the last minute, I now have to take classes at two campuses 10 miles from each other, which isn't easy when you are relying on a suburban transit system with sporadic service. This year I have to crack down, no lie.

It's great to be back...

It'll happen to any community of interest not just the transit.

Join a random Honda forum and you'll see crazy...almost a post/flame war on someone getting scammed or followed or robbed.

Not my thing dude. Too many fools thinking they're bad ass with their tuners, and then purists going at each other. Screw that.

As of now I'm on 13 forums (15 really, but suspended, 19 if you count defunct boards as well), I need no more entertainment, ROFL.

Thirteen forums? Wow. I got barely enough time just handling this one forum.

Yeah homie. A decade and nearly a half online will do that to you. This one is in my top 5, ranking at second most visited. Lower priority places I maybe visit weekly or so.

And Facebook and Myspace (which I don't keep up with much) are different sites to factor.

No wonder I'm so stressed. I'm not as energetic as I used to.

From about 2004 to right after Sandy hit, I frequented this one game site.  At first it was fun but when the recession hit, every positive thought I had about myself went down the crapper.  (It was personal, not related to the recession itself)  Then for the next four years  I did nothing but post spiteful things and hope that said spiteful things would happen to people I hated, which was most people who posted there.

Fun times those were.

Edited by Joel Up Front

From about 2004 to right after Sandy hit, I frequented this one game site.  At first it was fun but when the recession hit, every positive thought I had about myself went down the crapper.  (It was personal, not related to the recession itself)  Then for the next four years  I did nothing but post spiteful things and hope that said spiteful things would happen to people I hated, which was most people who posted there.

Fun times those were.

Take it as you like, but you really need to lighten up if you want to be active in any part of life. It'd be a shame if you lived your years as a spiteful dude, living behind a screen, antagonizing, etc.

Tapatalk app is your friend.

Currently in 5 forums, 3 actively.

Still new to mobile. Takes getting used to.

Man you dudes don't play when it comes to social media sites on the net, making you're presence known. Props!

Eh, I'll admit, I've sacrificed real world priorities, and even alienated a few people because of social media sites. Not something I'm proud of, but you live and learn.

Now, the real reason I'm here. I just have to say that today tired me out. Between school, social activities, meeting with family, and time for myself I logged in 20 trips on RTA today alone. About 15 connections that were tight as hell (even did some sprinting). I'm quite shocked I could squeeze that in. Would have met with some people tonight, but screw it. There's tomorrow for that.

You should see how this goes on the Asian American forums and the other blogs of the prominent Asian American civil rights activists concerning "white worship". The argument is that mainly Asian women in particular tend to marry white by a 3:1 ratio, according to US Census statistics because of in part, influences by the media, or to gain socio/economic status. Meanwhile Black-Asian couples are shunned upon and not as much Asian men are marrying Asian women as a result.

My motto step up to the game by getting the woman you want regardless of the challenges, which is why I never gave up on my Asian ladies of my own race respectively, out there. Sort of a 'pull up your bootstrap' mentality.

The Asian sister who wrote that piece in her blog you posted is accurate enough, because this is what is happening in Asian America and that coming from an Asian female blogger.

Add: I am not saying that interracial marriage is wrong, I think it's a good thing, as the blogger is a mixed Asian female by dual nationality (Chinese-Malaysian) if I'm correct and I am a mixed Asian man either way children out of cross-national/interracial marriages. However the offset in dating trends between Asian men and women is more apparent then any other ethnic group for these reasons mentioned from the sources and according to US Census data.

Edited by realizm

Oh what a load of BS!  :angry:

So these pricks called Child Services. the police, the Health Department, and the electrical company because they were talking shit about my sister, and my mom stood up for her. I am not even joking. Everyone on the block witnessed the argument. And now due to legal reasons, we have a child services case.  :) How do we know it's them you ask? They showed up ~2 hours after the argument, and they texted their friends about what they were doing. The accusations are that she is so high on miscellaneous illegal substances, she's not taking care of us properly, which is pretty f**king ironic seeing how they are both potheads. And now, as we were just told by the police, we aren't allowed to file a harassment suit, even though they came by a few days ago saying as I quote "Apparently we didn't do enough, because you're not in jail." because they are 16. Which is funny, because i'm sure they'd be changing their tune if they actually followed up on their threat of as I quote again, "Bitch, you are going to die." Oh and the best part? Yesterday, they sent one of their friends to come by and talk about "How sorry they were, and how they acted in the heat of the moment." What in the f**king hell? 

==========================================================================================

Sorry about this rant, but i'd rather NOT bitch to all of my non-internet friends about this for obvious reasons.

Oh what a load of BS!  :angry:

So these pricks called Child Services. the police, the Health Department, and the electrical company because they were talking shit about my sister, and my mom stood up for her. I am not even joking. Everyone on the block witnessed the argument. And now due to legal reasons, we have a child services case.  :) How do we know it's them you ask? They showed up ~2 hours after the argument, and they texted their friends about what they were doing. 

Holy shit. I'm going to have to muse on this for a second before I can offer helpful advice. What I can suggest at the moment is to stay calm, that much I can tell you hard as it is.

How did these civil servants got involved in a argument between family? How in the world did a child services case come out of this? This is serious, this is the equivalent of a NYC ACS case.