Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Hello Brett!

I like how it says "By law, we are required to check ALL checked baggage,"

then it says...

"Some bags were physically opened and inspected."

checking them all is running them through the scaners. Wether or not the high school dropout watching the screen is paying attention is another thing.

They're still probibly the most corrupt government agency to ever exist. And all of the problems are low level.

They refused to let a Medal of Honor recpitent onto a plane, on the grounds his medal "could be used a weapon". In reality, the TSA agents wanted to STEAL IT.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I flew last in 2007 before all this messed up shit. Napalitano is a dictator with all the shit she let pass under her watch including those xray scanners/'cavity search' type patdowns etc...

The TSA is so incompetent.  They must hire high school dropouts because they are so unprofessional, ghetto and clueless and the reprimands are a joke.  I have had horror stories flying, mostly involving incompetent workers focking up and me missing international flights.   <_< We as the citizens should really make more a stink.

Went to Olive Garden for the first time yesterday...a little on the pricey side, but damn them breadsticks. Its like i was in heaven lol.

The food was great (had the fettucine alfredo), the service was wonderful, and me and my girlfriend both enjoyed ourselves.

...kinda wish i had more of them breadsticks right now

Went to Olive Garden for the first time yesterday...a little on the pricey side, but damn them breadsticks. Its like i was in heaven lol.

The food was great (had the fettucine alfredo), the service was wonderful, and me and my girlfriend both enjoyed ourselves.

Nice that you two had a great time.

Those breadsticks and Red Lobster's biscuits are like heaven, but they're extremely fattening :(

I've only gone to Olive Garden when they have those unlimited pasta specials. God the pasta is delicious. Lunch and dinner all at once.

The TSA is so incompetent.  They must hire high school dropouts because they are so unprofessional, ghetto and clueless and the reprimands are a joke.  I have had horror stories flying, mostly involving incompetent workers focking up and me missing international flights.   <_< We as the citizens should really make more a stink.

One of the problems is that they are not armed law enforcement officers, so the requirements and the conditions of the screening process for hire is too laxed, as compared to, say the NYPD.

All that's required is a HS diploma or a GED. It's understood that this a government job in a traditional field of surveillance and law enforcement, however I can't help but say myself in so many words how poor the the hiring process is and how poorly managed the supervisory overseeing of operations are with the TSA. Really disconcerting from the past scandals concerning this sub-agency of Homeland Security, affiliated with the US Department of State. The level of professionalism is substandard to a degree that is unacceptable to the taxpaying US citizen who are frequent flyers.

It's not unacceptable to taxpaying citizens who are frequent flyers.

It's just plain unacceptable; period, end of story.

To start with, do we really need a nation-wide orginzation of glorified Rent-A-Cops? What's wrong with the airport's securing themsevels? They can still maintain the same secuirty standards without having people who are, in effect, outside contractors. The Feds set standards, the airport operators follow them. Can't be any worse than what we're stuck with now. People would probibly be more complaint if there was a PAPD officer at the machine at JFK, and not some random dope...

It's not unacceptable to taxpaying citizens who are frequent flyers.

It's just plain unacceptable; period, end of story.

To start with, do we really need a nation-wide orginzation of glorified Rent-A-Cops? What's wrong with the airport's securing themsevels? They can still maintain the same secuirty standards without having people who are, in effect, outside contractors. The Feds set standards, the airport operators follow them. Can't be any worse than what we're stuck with now. People would probibly be more complaint if there was a PAPD officer at the machine at JFK, and not some random dope...

Well yes from that perspective to visitors from outside the US who are also frequent flyers to cities such as New York, Chicago or Los Angeles among other major cities, it is also unacceptable. 

Edited by realizm

Nice that you two had a great time.

Those breadsticks and Red Lobster's biscuits are like heaven, but they're extremely fattening :(

Olive Garden's bread-sticks are good but Red Lobster's biscuits are so much better!

...and what gets me is that you'll get the lot of these (younger) TSA workers out here that'll lie & say they're in law enforcement - When they are NOT.

Let some TSA worker try to arrest me (I personally know of 2 people that had dealings of the sort, as well as hearing youtubers in different cities telling similar stories - so this is more common from these "officers" than I thought) & I'll have his/her god damn job... I'll go as far as to say they don't take their jobs seriously, and these MF-ers aren't rakin cash in as much as you'd might think either (which is why you'll get as many of em that lie about what they're affiliated with)..... Just because you possess a badge don't mean you have power over me - damn that.... TSA workers really don't have any power over an average citizen....

The same color blue shirts they wear, remind me of damn Toys R' us employees anyway :lol: ...

Talkin bout "I don't wanna grow up, cause if I did, I wouldn't be a Toys R us kid".....

....because that is exactly how these younger ones act.... See enough of em on the B15 actin a damn fool (especially the women, but the men are included too)....

I'm more curious about who this 'spy' is. I mean you have to be a member to see the chats right? I find it funny the one day in a while i post there and bam that thread 'magically' appears. But I think it speaks more about him that he'd still have issues with me than the others that have torn him up over there.

The fact he didn't even hide how he made a new account here and was caught just reeks of desperation. What makes him think we'd want him back when he made a fool of himself in his short stay there? Not even a month and nothing but flame wars. So he wants to blame someone, he needs to look at the mirror. If he did grow up, he'd let his obsessions go and move on.

Edited by Grand Concourse

According to the website, the first bus leaves gate 324 at 9 am (route 308). Checked the prices again and its actually $65 from PABT, but only $55 from Newark Penn Station (also route 308)

Buses leave from the park all day, I forgot when the last one was

here's everything you need to know

They have extra buses (as needed) leaving earlier, if you want to try to get a jump on everything.

...and what gets me is that you'll get the lot of these (younger) TSA workers out here that'll lie & say they're in law enforcement - When they are NOT.

Let some TSA worker try to arrest me (I personally know of 2 people that had dealings of the sort, as well as hearing youtubers in different cities telling similar stories - so this is more common from these "officers" than I thought) & I'll have his/her god damn job... I'll go as far as to say they don't take their jobs seriously, and these MF-ers aren't rakin cash in as much as you'd might think either (which is why you'll get as many of em that lie about what they're affiliated with)..... Just because you possess a badge don't mean you have power over me - damn that.... TSA workers really don't have any power over an average citizen....

The same color blue shirts they wear, remind me of damn Toys R' us employees anyway :lol: ...

Talkin bout "I don't wanna grow up, cause if I did, I wouldn't be a Toys R us kid".....

....because that is exactly how these younger ones act.... See enough of em on the B15 actin a damn fool (especially the women, but the men are included too)....

Years ago when I preparing for my study abroad in Italy, I found a quick security job in Williamsburg to make some quick cash until I left, since it was only for a month or so and it allowed me to take care of my visa and wrap up other things with my apartment in Florence during the day. During the late nights, sometimes I'd see this young Dominican guy who I'd chat with briefly as he was on his way to work (worked for the TSA, per his uniform and all).  We were probably around the same age (22 or so) and while he seemed relatively mature and smart, he didn't strike me as someone making big bucks, but rather someone that got in through someone he knew.  

I never got into what he was making since I really didn't care, since I knew I was , but at that age, if you're still in college, you're just doing whatever job you find that gives you whatever amount of money you need, so I wouldn't expect that type of job to be paying big bucks.  You just need to be big and imposing and they'll hire you.  At least that was the case back then.   Funny thing was back then when I was in college, I could get rehired at the places I worked at when I came back from college so I always had pocket change.  Now though, I would think that hiring would be strict especially with the amount of scrutiny that the TSA has been under.

Now there are some security jobs that pay well if you carry a gun but for the most part you're lucky if you make 30k - 40k a year, but like I said, if you're in college, you really don't care.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8