Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

So this new godzilla movie, is it supposed to be a different movie from the other japan made godzilla movies? If this is to help us forget the mess that was the 98 us movie, then i hope it is.

From what I've been reading, it's so much closer to the original Japanese movies than the Roland movie. Godzilla himself looks like Godzilla. Take a look at the Toho Kingdom forums for more info. Neither that Godzilla statue or the Godzilla from the Godzilla Encounter are the final design, but they are very close enough.

1069842_447633312001901_790252463_n.jpg

godzilla_encounter_comic_con_6.jpg

encounter_new_godzilla_1.jpg

6o0quDO.jpg

Edited by GojiMet86

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.subchat.com/otchat/read.asp?Id=1085820

Speaking of which...

And he still wonders why he got the boot...

Wow, talk about being open to opinion. It's as if you don't agree it's a giant F' You.

That's nothing man. That's nothing. Look at this.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=279259

Not worth my time.

I know alot of people rag on the 1998 movie, but some of Toho's movies make it look like a master pecice. Two of them, for example, just shoehorn the big guy in. Godzilla vs the Sea Monster started life as one of Toho's King Kong movies, but changed thier minds. So, they stuck in Godzilla. problem is they never bothered to rework the scrpit, which still operated on principles of king kong. The Kaju version of Kong had electricty based powers. Why a giant monkey from the south seas uses electricty as a power source is beyond me, but that's Toho for you. So, they take Kong out, put Godzilla in, and he's suddenly using Kong's power set. It's like playing Super Smash Brother's with Mario sudenly acting like Pikachu.

Then there is Godzilla vs. Megalon. That was supposed to intoduce Toho's robotic Ultraman knockoff Jet Jaguar. but they stuck Godzilla in anyway and gave him top billing, even though he's got maybe 10-15 mintues of screen time. and everything revolves around the robot. Heck, The lizard isn't even mentioned in the story until someone suggests Jet Jaguar go get him for help. I kinda like to think of this movie as "Toho's salute to our rivals", a Ultra knockoff for Tsuburaya, and for Toei, Godzilla finishing off the enimy kaju with a Kamen Rider style flying kick, which was used in the opening credits of MST3k from the start of season 3 till orignal host Joel Hodgeson left in season 5,  

True, I give the 98 movie credit for decent fx, but as a whole, I can't bring myself to watching that crap again. I don't think I have the time to watch all the godzilla movies and yeah the guy in a costume stuff is laughable. The 'monsters all out' one was pretty good.

Edited by Grand Concourse

- The Obregonmichael situation, I don't remember what happened w/ him off-top, so I'm not goin say anything about that...

- JGood, I don't know why he got banned to begin with.. From what I remember, it was like - one minute he was posting in a particular thread here in the OT section, couple folks kept complaining about the quantity of his conspiracy theories or whatever, and the next minute, he was gone.... Unless there's something more to his dismissal that I simply do not know about?

- Yeah, I could probably write a book on the shit people in general do that pisses me off.....

- Soriano back to the Yankees? I was JUST talking about this to a colleague (well, ex-colleague); regarding former yankees we would like to see come back to the team... I understood why Soriano got let go when he did, but I for one is rather ecstatic to see the guy back here.... On a similar note, I remember saying to myself, the only player off that red sox championship team that I wanted on the Yankees was Damon, and sure enough, there he came....

Anyway, I didn't hear squat about Soriano coming back to NY (before I just checked that MLB thread).....

- Speaking of which (about [ex]-colleagues), a brotha got a promotion (which explains why I aint been on here during the middays as of late; don't have near as much freetime as I used to), but a new (shitty) commute to go along with it....  Anyway, Ole girl has a prollem w/ my decision, but I gives no fux - because at the end of the day, green >>>> pink - and don't you cats on here forget that shit !.... It was okay when she was bringin home $77 bucks more/check (smh), but now that I'm makin almost 6 figures, oh now there's a problem....

Man have I learned something, and I didn't wanna believe it, but this dude on Generation-X.net was right - These women out here are really tryna eradicate the idea of a patriarchy wholesale & on some serious matriarchal shit - in tryna add men to their program.... The only men males that put up with this crap are lazy, broke, misguided, grew up with no male/father figure whatsoever - basically what happens when you have a bunch of women tryna raise young boys to be men - like manhood is intrinsic or some shit (you see how effeminate some of these young dudes are out here now)... Even though I didn't live in a 2-parent household & was raised in a household full of women, I still had my father, my eldest uncle, and both grandfathers in my life as a shorty - or else there's a good chance I would've been one of these pant sagging, I'ma call ASA today & geta jobb next week ass nzzzz having to lay pipe on some unsuspecting chick for a f'n place to rest my head & put food in my belly.... Man I wish I would..... I know some of you on here know somebody like that.... I seriously worry about the next generation of dudes out here.....

as for my, lady.... I haven't talked to the MF-er since the beginning of the week; iono, I may post the rest of it in the relationship thread... maybe.....

I see why rich people become misers when they get old.... I mean, who wants to be the old 50+ year old kool & the gang MF-er on the corner w/ the fishnet shirt with his grey chest hairs stickin out the shit, tryna holla at underage girls (church & nostrand over there by the elevator, mcdonald's side... some a y'all might know what I'm talkin bout).... When the broads you used to mess with done took your ass to the goddamn cleaners..... For instance, these chicks do NOT want babies & a "ring on it" because they love you - They want these babies &/or that title of someone's wife so they can get PAID in the longrun....

Mikey, well he still says it's me and peacemaker's faults, but frankly the way he still goes on and on about his museum thing and the cng bus... ugh. enough already (talking to a brick wall about why he won't get the bus). What I don't get is why isn't he getting pissed at bound's comments to him? (I enjoy Bound's feedbacks*) But I've never said stuff as harsh as he did. So selective outrage? Seemed he had no issues blowing up at me, but hasn't done so to him. And he thinks he deserves to comeback? smh.

Jgood has been posting like non stop on subchat and still going on with the conspiracy crap (see the why wasn't the twin towers rebuilt thread). Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it's at that point where everything Alex Jones says is like the bible to him. As for him and gold12 fighting, I'm staying away from that. 

On the Soriano thing, I am very happy about it. Sure it's not going to help the team much, but I always did enjoy him on the team. And isn't this ironic about him here while ARod is still in limbo. I think it must be some fate that keeps Soriano from playing with ARod. I dunno much about the guy the Yankees gave up, but it seems to be another hard throwing 'reliever' so that can go either way, but since we have so many of that type instead of someone of a starter caliber, then not a total loss. I'll save the rest of the baseball stuff on that thread.

*And congrats on the promotion! (so much text, sorry to overlook that.)

Edited by Grand Concourse

- The Obregonmichael situation, I don't remember what happened w/ him off-top, so I'm not goin say anything about that...

- JGood, I don't know why he got banned to begin with.. From what I remember, it was like - one minute he was posting in a particular thread here in the OT section, couple folks kept complaining about the quantity of his conspiracy theories or whatever, and the next minute, he was gone.... Unless there's something more to his dismissal that I simply do not know about?

- Yeah, I could probably write a book on the shit people in general do that pisses me off.....

- Soriano back to the Yankees? I was JUST talking about this to a colleague (well, ex-colleague); regarding former yankees we would like to see come back to the team... I understood why Soriano got let go when he did, but I for one is rather ecstatic to see the guy back here.... On a similar note, I remember saying to myself, the only player off that red sox championship team that I wanted on the Yankees was Damon, and sure enough, there he came....

Anyway, I didn't hear squat about Soriano coming back to NY (before I just checked that MLB thread).....

- Speaking of which (about [ex]-colleagues), a brotha got a promotion (which explains why I aint been on here during the middays as of late; don't have near as much freetime as I used to), but a new (shitty) commute to go along with it....  Anyway, Ole girl has a prollem w/ my decision, but I gives no fux - because at the end of the day, green >>>> pink - and don't you cats on here forget that shit !.... It was okay when she was bringin home $77 bucks more/check (smh), but now that I'm makin almost 6 figures, oh now there's a problem....

Man have I learned something, and I didn't wanna believe it, but this dude on Generation-X.net was right - These women out here are really tryna eradicate the idea of a patriarchy wholesale & on some serious matriarchal shit - in tryna add men to their program.... The only men males that put up with this crap are lazy, broke, misguided, grew up with no male/father figure whatsoever - basically what happens when you have a bunch of women tryna raise young boys to be men - like manhood is intrinsic or some shit (you see how effeminate some of these young dudes are out here now)... Even though I didn't live in a 2-parent household & was raised in a household full of women, I still had my father, my eldest uncle, and both grandfathers in my life as a shorty - or else there's a good chance I would've been one of these pant sagging, I'ma call ASA today & geta jobb next week ass nzzzz having to lay pipe on some unsuspecting chick for a f'n place to rest my head & put food in my belly.... Man I wish I would..... I know some of you on here know somebody like that.... I seriously worry about the next generation of dudes out here.....

as for my, lady.... I haven't talked to the MF-er since the beginning of the week; iono, I may post the rest of it in the relationship thread... maybe.....

I see why rich people become misers when they get old.... I mean, who wants to be the old 50+ year old kool & the gang MF-er on the corner w/ the fishnet shirt with his grey chest hairs stickin out the shit, tryna holla at underage girls (church & nostrand over there by the elevator, mcdonald's side... some a y'all might know what I'm talkin bout).... When the broads you used to mess with done took your ass to the goddamn cleaners..... For instance, these chicks do NOT want babies & a "ring on it" because they love you - They want these babies &/or that title of someone's wife so they can get PAID in the longrun....

First of all, congrats on your promotion !

Second, I'm not surprised with the patriarchal eradication tbh... many women that I see consider themselves above men.

Problem with this new generation coming up, many of the guys (especially the ones my age) don't got their priorities straight (they don't care about their schooling or anything, just stupid stuff like sneakers or smashing girls)... (I'm not gonna comment on the effeminate nature of guys because I don't see it often but many people consider me effeminate unfortunately) and they're gonna end up like those low-achieving types that you mentioned...

I wasn't raised in a 2 parent household either, and didn't grow up with any males, but I know at least I won't end up like that..!

You basically described at least 1/2 the guys in my generation though in truthful, honest points tho... You ain't the only one worried about this generation...

......On the Soriano thing, I am very happy about it. Sure it's not going to help the team much, but I always did enjoy him on the team. And isn't this ironic about him here while ARod is still in limbo. I think it must be some fate that keeps Soriano from playing with ARod. I dunno much about the guy the Yankees gave up, but it seems to be another hard throwing 'reliever' so that can go either way, but since we have so many of that type instead of someone of a starter caliber, then not a total loss. I'll save the rest of the baseball stuff on that thread.

*And congrats on the promotion! (so much text, sorry to overlook that.)

First of all, congrats on your promotion !

Second, I'm not surprised with the patriarchal eradication tbh... many women that I see consider themselves above men.

Problem with this new generation coming up, many of the guys (especially the ones my age) don't got their priorities straight (they don't care about their schooling or anything, just stupid stuff like sneakers or smashing girls)... (I'm not gonna comment on the effeminate nature of guys because I don't see it often but many people consider me effeminate unfortunately) and they're gonna end up like those low-achieving types that you mentioned...

I wasn't raised in a 2 parent household either, and didn't grow up with any males, but I know at least I won't end up like that..!

You basically described at least 1/2 the guys in my generation though in truthful, honest points tho... You ain't the only one worried about this generation...

@ the both of you: Thanks famms B-)

@ GC: To be brief, right now anyone would be an improvement to the Yankee lineup... not sayin Soriano will take em to the playoffs per se, but a good (re)acquisition nonetheless..... I'll save any further comments for the baseball thread later on myself.....

@ Astoria Line: So how you like it out there in W. Hempstead? Quiet enough for ya?!

Anyway, lol... What I'm surprised at is how many of these chicks are on that matriarch shit; should've made that more clearer.... I know the thought process exists...... I mean, I go on that site I mentioned (gen-x), and some of those dudes on there go on these blogtalkradio shows (they post snippets of) & what not, and some of them chicks are talking crazy ish.... Then there's a couple females I know of personally I know that are on that tip too (as dudes on gen-x puts it - "bringing sand to their beach" - An analogy basically meaning, I'm already established, what do I really need you (meaning, a man) for)....

As far as some of these boys comin up, that's a large part of the problem.... They're catering to women (and as I see it, taking on female tendencies) because they were raised by (weak) women - and a weak woman is only gonna raise her daughter to get her own shit & to be mistrustful of men - because THEY (the females in the household) have daddy issues all over the place.... They're only gonna raise their sons to matriarchal specifications - meaning, raise boys to be that cookie-cutter pushover MF-er that women can just control & walk all over... I grew up havin to hear my eldest aunt on that "all men are dogs, nzzzz's aint shit" rhetoric, and I'm glad my mother checked her right then & there quick -  All these men you seeing aren't the problem - it's YOU..... Talk about lack of accountability....

I'll admit, too many 80's babies are out here poppin out babies like skittles..... We can get into blaming the baby boomers (I forget the age range, but it's basically the folks that were born in the 40's-late 50's IINM), but this buffoonery (from both genders) has long gotten out of hand.... Lol at it being at least half these jokers out here....The problem is very much apparent, I'll say that much.

There's more I wanna say, but I gotta jet.....

Edited by B35 via Church

@ the both of you: Thanks famms B-)

@ GC: To be brief, right now anyone would be an improvement to the Yankee lineup... not sayin Soriano will take em to the playoffs per se, but a good (re)acquisition nonetheless..... I'll save any further comments for the baseball thread later on myself.....

@ Astoria Line: So how you like it out there in W. Hempstead? Quiet enough for ya?!

Anyway, lol... What I'm surprised at is how many of these chicks are on that matriarch shit; should've made that more clearer.... I know the thought process exists...... I mean, I go on that site I mentioned (gen-x), and some of those dudes on there go on these blogtalkradio shows (they post snippets of) & what not, and some of them chicks are talking crazy ish.... Then there's a couple females I know of personally I know that are on that tip too (as dudes on gen-x puts it - "bringing sand to their beach" - An analogy basically meaning, I'm already established, what do I really need you (meaning, a man) for)....

As far as some of these boys comin up, that's a large part of the problem.... They're catering to women (and as I see it, taking on female tendencies) because they were raised by (weak) women - and a weak woman is only gonna raise her daughter to get her own shit & to be mistrustful of men - because THEY (the females in the household) have daddy issues all over the place.... They're only gonna raise their sons to matriarchal specifications - meaning, raise boys to be that cookie-cutter pushover MF-er that women can just control & walk all over... I grew up havin to hear my eldest aunt on that "all men are dogs, nzzzz's aint shit" rhetoric, and I'm glad my mother checked her right then & there quick -  All these men you seeing aren't the problem - it's YOU..... Talk about lack of accountability....

I'll admit, too many 80's babies are out here poppin out babies like skittles..... We can get into blaming the baby boomers (I forget the age range, but it's basically the folks that were born in the 40's-late 50's IINM), but this buffoonery (from both genders) has long gotten out of hand.... Lol at it being at least half these jokers out here....The problem is very much apparent, I'll say that much.

There's more I wanna say, but I gotta jet.....

W Hempstead is okay, it is safe and quiet (I don't hear gunshots and police sirens every night, so I mean that's a plus) and that n15 is a reliable line, I haven't had any headaches with it. I'm kind of shy to go outside and explore and make friends though, so I've been going back to Queens to hang out. (Thank god I'm still going to school in Queens!) Thanks for asking! lol

That matriarchal shit reminds me of my English teacher from this year, she's a single middle aged woman who doesn't trust men (she said out loud) and she had a "feminist" demeanor.. she's pretty self sufficient and said herself that she doesn't need anyone.

With the women raising men weak analogy, that's typical. Projection of insecurities and desires onto their sons.... trying to raise them THEIR way instead of the right way. pfft but poor parenting is a whole 'nother story LOL

"too many 80's babies are out here poppin out babies like skittles.

^ nice analogy LOL

IN a nutshell, people don't know how to act, and it is all a hot ass mess.. lol one that I will try not to get involved with myself when the time comes.