Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Oh what a load of BS!  :angry:

So these pricks called Child Services. the police, the Health Department, and the electrical company because they were talking shit about my sister, and my mom stood up for her. I am not even joking. Everyone on the block witnessed the argument. And now due to legal reasons, we have a child services case.  :) How do we know it's them you ask? They showed up ~2 hours after the argument, and they texted their friends about what they were doing. The accusations are that she is so high on miscellaneous illegal substances, she's not taking care of us properly, which is pretty f**king ironic seeing how they are both potheads. And now, as we were just told by the police, we aren't allowed to file a harassment suit, even though they came by a few days ago saying as I quote "Apparently we didn't do enough, because you're not in jail." because they are 16. Which is funny, because i'm sure they'd be changing their tune if they actually followed up on their threat of as I quote again, "Bitch, you are going to die." Oh and the best part? Yesterday, they sent one of their friends to come by and talk about "How sorry they were, and how they acted in the heat of the moment." What in the f**king hell? 

==========================================================================================

Sorry about this rant, but i'd rather NOT bitch to all of my non-internet friends about this for obvious reasons.

This is why I have a high-sensitivity microphone and camera pointed at the door. Record and sue.

As for your current situation, I would document everything that's happening on paper and ask for witnesses to sign it.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit. I'm going to have to muse on this for a second before I can offer helpful advice. What I can suggest at the moment is to stay calm, that much I can tell you hard as it is.

How did these civil servants got involved in a argument between family? How in the world did a child services case come out of this? This is serious, this is the equivalent of a NYC ACS case.

Yeah, they are by far not as strict as ACS, having gone through that shit before too. And yeah, having gone through this i'm staying calm as much as possible, the only thing that bothers me is that it's Albany County Child Services, not City, meaning if something were to go wrong... Anyways, the child services claim is completely false, but since this is the first time a false complaint was made, it's not being considered "faulty" as I said for legal reasons. Them being 16, really don't understand how much they just f**ked us up, especially since we're moving so the house is a mess, which luckily up here isn't considered "negligent" unlike downstate. They know my sister from school, and have been over a few times. And you know teenagers...  :rolleyes:

This is why I have a high-sensitivity microphone and camera pointed at the door. Record and sue.

As for your current situation, I would document everything that's happening on paper and ask for witnesses to sign it.

We explained to the police officers that the neighbors are willing to sign affidavits, but still, because they didn't directly threaten child services..... And i'm not sure if you were joking with the first remark, but in all seriousness, that does seem like a somewhat good idea in general, kind of like a dashboard camera.

You should see how this goes on the Asian American forums and the other blogs of the prominent Asian American civil rights activists concerning "white worship". The argument is that mainly Asian women in particular tend to marry white by a 3:1 ratio, according to US Census statistics because of in part, influences by the media, or to gain socio/economic status. Meanwhile Black-Asian couples are shunned upon and not as much Asian men are marrying Asian women as a result.

My motto step up to the game by getting the woman you want regardless of the challenges, which is why I never gave up on my Asian ladies of my own race respectively, out there. Sort of a 'pull up your bootstrap' mentality.

The Asian sister who wrote that piece in her blog you posted is accurate enough, because this is what is happening in Asian America and that coming from an Asian female blogger.

Add: I am not saying that interracial marriage is wrong, I think it's a good thing, as the blogger is a mixed Asian female by dual nationality (Chinese-Malaysian) if I'm correct and I am a mixed Asian man either way children out of cross-national/interracial marriages. However the offset in dating trends between Asian men and women is more apparent then any other ethnic group for these reasons mentioned from the sources and according to US Census data.

Let's say that there is one other group that's doing worse: Latinos. They are by far the most mixed group, having a half-millenium headstart courtesy of the Conquisadores who had to spread their god and DNA to all the "uncivilized" peoples of the world.

Forgot to mention, the one friend I did confide in, had a case that was considered "faulty" and their dad, was an alcoholic, drug addict, physically abusive, etc. which means that since we have a happy household here, everything should be just fine. (Although it is disconcerting that THAT was considered faulty, luckily she got out of that mess, not going into any more specifics...)

Yeah, they are by far not as strict as ACS, having gone through that shit before too. And yeah, having gone through this i'm staying calm as much as possible, the only thing that bothers me is that it's Albany County Child Services, not City, meaning if something were to go wrong... Anyways, the child services claim is completely false, but since this is the first time a false complaint was made, it's not being considered "faulty" as I said for legal reasons. Them being 16, really don't understand how much they just f**ked us up, especially since we're moving so the house is a mess, which luckily up here isn't considered "negligent" unlike downstate. They know my sister from school, and have been over a few times. And you know teenagers...  :rolleyes:

We explained to the police officers that the neighbors are willing to sign affidavits, but still, because they didn't directly threaten child services..... And i'm not sure if you were joking with the first remark, but in all seriousness, that does seem like a somewhat good idea in general, kind of like a dashboard camera.

As you can get someone from your family to get a lawyer consultation quick. Push for it. Threaten to litigate. get off this forum, take a breather and put on paper the facts to the best to your ability. Prepare to make an appeal to the child protection agency with a lawyer to assist or at least a legal aid. 

No CenSin was'nt joking, We live in a f**ked up world, where the government services system is seriously flawed.

No CenSin was'nt joking, We live in a f**ked up world, where the government services system is seriously flawed.

*nods in agreement* No. I'm not kidding. There is an invisible line that demarcates the surveillance area. The infinite storage service that I signed up for from Bitcasa serves to records the gigabytes of data that comes from this area alone.

Simple everyday uses for this system: If I receive a package from UPS, FedEx, USPS, or DHL, I open it in front of the camera to show that I did not damage the contents myself (in case the package was already damaged). If I receive the wrong item, I can also show that it was the seller's fault. If some ***** steals stuff from my lawn, you'll bet the cops will get a copy of the audio and video.

If law enforcement knocks on my door and misbehaves—I'll have that too.

All the technology you need to set this up is cheap, and all the concerns you may have are addressed in one way or another. You can get a mini-ITX computer with a good-enough CPU/GPU on a single chip that accelerates compression of video streams to a managable size, and a 2.5" 2TB drive that serves to buffer the video before you review it and/or back it up permanently to some off-site location. A simple web cam will do, as will a USB microphone.

Edited by CenSin

@ CDTA: Next time something like this happens use PMs or get in the chatroom. You don't want the public to see this.

@ CenSin: +1.

I'm kind of a stranger to the chatroom, and I didn't go into as much detail as I wanted too, because this a a public page. (See: PM)

Hispanic as a race... Yes or no?

Of all the things to get into a (fist) fight about at Penn Station this morning..... Drunk hispanics & drunk whites sitting on the floor (I still don't see how in the hell anyone sit, butt first - or worse, actually lie down in the middle of the area like that; over there by the big board to wait for the LIRR) arguing about this....

Rare feat to get a homeless person to laugh (well, to the extent this one dude did anyway).... That argument & scuffle did it.

Hispanic as a race... Yes or no?

Of all the things to get into a (fist) fight about at Penn Station this morning..... Drunk hispanics & drunk whites sitting on the floor (I still don't see how in the hell anyone sit, butt first - or worse, actually lie down in the middle of the area like that; over there by the big board to wait for the LIRR) arguing about this....

Rare feat to get a homeless person to laugh (well, to the extent this one dude did anyway).... That argument & scuffle did it.

To the question no. Hispanic by definition is referring to people(s) originating from Spain and nearby areas. Likewise, Latino refers to people(s) from Latin America and other nearby areas.

Anyway, if it wasn't arguing over this it would've been something else, surely.

To the question no. Hispanic by definition is referring to people(s) originating from Spain and nearby areas. Likewise, Latino refers to people(s) from Latin America and other nearby areas.

Anyway, if it wasn't arguing over this it would've been something else, surely.

realizm's on standby ......

What a crappy summer this turned out to be for me.

I don't want to hear anyone's success/fun stories, I don't give a f//k.

What's up? Talk to me.

Of all the things to get into a (fist) fight about at Penn Station this morning.....

You should see the craziness happening everyday in mass transit as posted in the gothamist. You'll be guaranteed saying "wtf?" That's what I'd be saying every time I link to the gothamist website.

Edited by realizm

I've lost all faith in the Mega Man fanbase. Capcom is to blame for the drought in releases, but it's also because of the whiny, undeceive fanbase that just makes them afraid to try anything new. The franchise won't come back until this retro (*coughMegaMan2cough*) worship stops and we can actually move forward.

My very random thought for the day.

Today rocked my world a bit. On my way to Staten Island, one of my close who's currently going through a rough patch consoled me, so I talked to her on the way there, gave her some health advice and comfort. After she left, I went to Clove Lakes Park for a bit, had some pizza from a nearby Subway and then went back home.  One of the simplest, but best Fridays for me.

Edited by S78 via Hylan