Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

What time does the bus get to the park and what time must you leave? For me if I am not there before the rope drops like 10:30am, then it's a lost cause. There's no way to finish the park unless you get Kingda Ka out of the way first thing in the morning. I dunno what the line is like for Green Lantern as I heard it takes a while because they have to adjust people to stand on it.

According to the website, the first bus leaves gate 324 at 9 am (route 308). Checked the prices again and its actually $65 from PABT, but only $55 from Newark Penn Station (also route 308)

Buses leave from the park all day, I forgot when the last one was

here's everything you need to know

Word of advice, if you want to skip the lines, you could always get that pass where you get first priority on all rides. Costs a little extra but cones in handy when the line is like 3 hours long

Edited by Fresh Pond

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Well i went there in 2008 and for kingda ka i waited like 45min twice, so i don't think i really need the flash pass. Yeah the last bus is the one i'm concerned with.

Last bus is 9:30 according to that My Bus thing NJT has

Edited by Fresh Pond

Sounds good. Last year I left before 8pm because I was just dead tired getting all the big coasters done (still pissed that day with el toro being down, being the only big coaster i've yet to ride).

You're going to love that one...I love roller coasters and I almost shitted bricks on it lol

Speaking of roller coasters, someone I know went on a trip to Six Flags with some of his friends in high school.  He had a friend hold onto his glasses and he went on - when they got to the cameras, he was photographed wiping his eye because a bug flew into it.

Edited by Joel Up Front

I always keep my sunglasses on because of potential debris flying especially bugs. I tend not to go for the front row as it's always a huge line for it, but will take a ride there if the wait isn't too bad.

You're going to love that one...I love roller coasters and I almost shitted bricks on it lol

Yeah. One thing for sure, I'm not riding the back row, lol. Oh well I guess I shouldn't say won't as the curves and construction (pre fabricated tracks) should make it 'safer' than riding the last seat of the cyclone. I'm def gonna try to ride the bull at least 2 times if I can.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=280318

Breaking news, 12 year old allowed to join transit museum, now convinced he can tell them what to do.

I used to work there and I couldn't convince them of anything. Took a kid nearly getting hurt for them to take up my suggestion to ban heelies in the station.

And he wants them to save his specifically chosen O5.

I love how he thinks they can "save" the LI Bus O5s when they were never even owned by the MTA... and he expects the MTA/Transit Museum to buy the buses from Nassau County. 

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=280318

Breaking news, 12 year old allowed to join transit museum, now convinced he can tell them what to do.

I used to work there and I couldn't convince them of anything. Took a kid nearly getting hurt for them to take up my suggestion to ban heelies in the station.

And he wants them to save his specifically chosen O5.

That's a whole new level of being a foamer.

What I think? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...............................

I would have bombarded that thread with pictures of old LIB Orion Vs being scrapped if I felt like registering for SubChat.

Gold 12 already beat you to that. Well he showed an Orion V scrapped. 

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=280473

The hell? Now he has to spread his desperation to another forum? Someone should make an account there and link the subchat thread before it is reefed.

I'm on it.

I finally took a walk on the high line. It was ok, and nice seeing the segments of preserved tracks, but Central Park is still my fav park. The park didn't take long to finish from ~13th st to ~32nd. 

Well you can't really compare the two. Central Park is different from the High Line.  They have food trucks and a spot for drinks in the summer under the High Line.  I went there with some friends a few years ago and it was pretty fun.  I had some grub from one of the food trucks that was decent and some wine that was tolerable.  Got me ready for our bar hopping later on and our time on the High Line.  We found a spot up there and hit the bong.  :lol: Of course we had some morons commenting on our actions as if we were potheads  <_<,  but I didn't care.  

True, but anyway with the high line, it feels hectic and you need to keep moving or you get in someone's way. Central Park, if there's too many people, I can find a least visited path and enjoy my own space. As a park in the 'overall sense of a park as open green space', I'd still take Central Park.

I will say that some of the seats that look like they were made from those flat trucks or hand cars was neat as well as the 'puddle floor'. I just hope they get the last part around the rail yard built before they build those towers over it.

And while in the area, let me just say how much of a pita is was to find Washington Sq park with all the crooked roads (i figured I could've saved a few blocks using the diagonal roads instead of going back to 13th or 14th st and walk down). So makes me appreciate the grid system.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Hey, hi, back from my vacation in Florida. Sup everyone, how you doing!

Came home tonight to open my luggage to this, off to a good start:

524008_10152122903907355_1476069295_n.jp

Hello Brett!

I like how it says "By law, we are required to check ALL checked baggage,"

then it says...

"Some bags were physically opened and inspected."