Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL!  Withholding rent has nothing to do with someone's economic class at all, so just stop already.

Wow this coming out of you? Shocker.

Of course it does. Affordability crisis? Many of lower income classes cant afford the rents because of low wage jobs? This isnt the sitcom Dallas or Golden Girls from your days of youth. This is reality in the millenium

Edited by realizm

Okay, well then as long as you have everything noted and have proof, you should be fine.  If you're on a month to month lease, why don't you just leave and move to another place?? There is nothing holding you there, as your lease expired last year.  You would save yourself a lot of aggravation in the process. It's been about 7 months now... 7 months is enough time to save some money and look for another place.  

we are intending on moving after all this, it's been going on for the last 5 months we spoke up multiple times he ignores it deflecting to his daughter but yet the daughter sends an email (also have a copy of that too) to her father saying WE THE TENANTS  are the responsible ones for bringing them in the house and we did not do a structural  breach caused all this. she also cites a florida statue which does not exist. we paid him our rent on time in full. now he gave us a new lease, with more worst terms and hiked up the rent and trying hostage take us into signing the new lease saying just shut up and sign, we said we wont sign until he fixes these problems.   they are just doing this just to silence us and we already got the tv involved. 

Edited by BreeddekalbL

we are intending on moving after all this, it's been going on for the last 5 months we spoke up multiple times he ignores it deflecting to his daughter but yet the daughter sends an email (also have a copy of that too) to her father saying WE THE TENANTS  are the responsible ones for bringing them in the house and we did not do a structural  breach caused all this. she also cites a florida statue which does not exist. we paid him our rent on time in full. now he gave us a new lease, with more worst terms and hiked up the rent and trying hostage take us into signing the new lease saying just shut up and sign, we said we wont sign until he fixes these problems.   they are just doing this just to silence us and we already got the tv involved. 

if you need more time you can issue another subpoena to the court clerk to request another appearance in the court as you look for a new place. Judges are not so quick to just throw people out on the streets. Just stay on the ball in regards to this legal battle you are experiencing, by documenting everything for your court dates so the judge can work with you as generally they are willing. Printouts and such proving you are looking for another suitable place to live. Pics to show structural violations ongoing. Document all conversations with the abusive landlord. You should have 3 more months to go before the limit is up and even then the judge can rule to extend the time of your eviction date if it comes to it. Nothing is etched in stone where it comes to landlord-tenant court. But don't waste time. 

You are indeed handling this correctly. 

Lastly do not sign the new lease! No do not do it because that landlord knows he is trapped, but is tricking you into invalidating your case, so he can harrass you some more by raising the rent to the point you cannot afford it as a way to  get rid of you in his eyes. This guy is a dirtbag. Wow....

Edited by realizm

and so you know for the record when our lease expired in august 2013 by florida law it automaticlly went on being a month to month lease! also he's trying to hostage take us into signing the new lease, i also forgot to mention he brought us an  illegal 3 day notice which he typed from home no court stamp anything

he also broke the law by saying he's recording us, which  we the other party did not agree too

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/florida-recording-law

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/recording-phone-calls-and-conversations

Good to hear, I wish you and your family the best of luck, though you guys have this in the bag. 

We're not talking about that in this case, so stop bringing it up please.  The rent was withheld because of a slum landlord, period.

Slumlords take advantage of people who cant afford high rent offered for quality apartments with around the clock maintenance without the hassles. Therefore its related. Dont cut your nose off to spite your face.

Slumlords take advantage of people who cant afford high rent offered for quality apartments with around the clock maintenance without the hassles. Therefore its related. Dont cut your nose off to spite your face.

If some have always been fortunate enough to have a leaser who is on top of things and holds his/her word than good for them. Others haven't been as lucky, or have been in much more complicated living situations.

It's not like me to say so, but just leave it be. At the end it's clear who are the empathic posters trying to help BreeddekalbL in this situation.

If some have always been fortunate enough to have a leaser who is on top of things and holds his/her word than good for them. Others haven't been as lucky, or have been in much more complicated living situations.

It's not like me to say so, but just leave it be. At the end it's clear who are the empathic posters trying to help BreeddekalbL in this situation.

Unfortunately posters with such thinking seems to be in the majority here on the internet. Its a reflection of an apathetic elitist society that rewards wrongs and punishes acts of goodwill and revealing truth. A major problem now because it seems its the narcissistic ones that gets the pass, while those who give a damn about society gets ridiculed. Note this is absolutely a loaded statement for everyone to hear whether they like it or not.

Boy, watching realizm & VG8 go at it these days is like a f**kin' hockey match... <_<

Its deeper then that. Vicarious racism and trolling seems to be a form of entertainment for many nowadays. Well I'm not amused. Since you put it that way. But apologism apparently is cool in todays world. Its the new trend. This generation in this country certainty has went backwards from past decades and it shows in the internet content we read on all social media sites. Just look at the insulting ideology reflected on youtube for example...

I'm appalled this barrage of hate and aloof sort of thinking reflected in the post spamming, trollbaiting and prejudiced remarks has been tolerated and entertained for so long while those who really knows the deal get silenced or ridiculed. I'm sure many quietly agrees and knows exactly what I am talking about.

http://resistracism.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/internet-racism/

Internet racism

Posted on April 24, 2010 by resistance

Internet racism is nothing new. At one time, many internet users subscribed to the notion that faceless interaction would lead to a decline in racism. It was said that on the internet everybody is equal. Since we can’t see each other’s faces, the only way we can judge others is by the content of their character.

It was just another version of colorblindness. And you can see from Dr. Tynes’ research the colorblind ideology is linked to racism.

My first experience with colorblind racism was on a gardening forum, of all places. And what I tended to notice was that white people didn’t assume other folks at the keyboard were a multi-hued group, all of whom were equal. They tended instead to assume everybody on the other end was white. And they posted accordingly.

Now you wouldn’t think that a gardening forum would be a hotbed of racism, would you? But what I found was that there were so many subtle and not-so-subtle racist remarks towards people of color. (Not to mention all those other -isms.)

What happened if you (I) mentioned anything? What’s the matter, you can’t take a joke? You’re the real racist, injecting racism where it doesn’t exist! It’s not racist, you just don’t understand …

And then you know who the bad guy is. It’s the person who points out the racism. No matter how kindly or sensitively it’s done. No matter how thoughtfully difficult issues are explained. Because everybody else was just having fun. Except for you.

Yeah, it was the beginning of We heard it before.

For the most part, I previously thought about internet racism as being fueled by anonymity. Take a look at the comments sections of news sites. Even when there is a little blip that reads something like Blah blah blah we value freedom of speech and reasoned discourse blah blah blah no racist or sexist or any other kind of ist will be tolerated. And then directly following that is usually a bunch of -ist comments.

Sometimes it’s because free speech is privileged above preventing racist harm. But sometimes it’s because the racism isn’t even recognized.

But then came the popularity of social media sites like myspace and Facebook and twitter. Which blows my “anonymity” theory right out of the water. There’s been a lot of racist tweeting going on, from politicians to has-been celebrities to sportswriters. Facebook is a known site for college racists.

============================================================

The moderators apparently are taking steps to fix this problem. Perhaps they can go further with moderating attacks on a person's belief system where it pertains to attacks on people who are concerned about this social decay we see here on internet forums. Lets hope that they can figure out a stragedy because this is a very big problem here we are facing here. I'm up to any suggestions they can give.

Edited by realizm

They opened a Panda Express in Cross County mall today so I decided to try it on my lunch break. I get 45 minutes and its right across the street lol...

...pretty good food there, I will be going there more often instead of being cheap and going to Stop & Shop (also across the street) and getting Chef Boyardee

Anyone notice that when you are running for a bus and it leaves without you, you get pissed, but when you are on the bus and you see a person miss it, you feel happy?

I feel like this a lot.

I'll give you the scientific reason.

A major reason why a person feels happy with the misfortune of others because that persons misfortune emphasize our supposed superiority and relieves the fear of that misfortune happening to us in kind.

In other words, 'I'm glad that didnt happen to me!'. Its a facet of human nature that is a learned trait. It can be unlearned, however some by choice do not. It can lead to undesirable qualities as ignorance and insubordinate pride.

On the same token thats why we laugh at anoth person recieving outright ridicule and rarely at clever and humerous remarks in goodheartedness that the intellegent person can understand. The same principle applies.

Im no exception. Many times I have to conciously catch myself which I successfully do many times reminding myself that its healthier to feel sympathy for persons that experience stormy days, something that not everyone is willing to master.

Dont take this as a browbeating, I'm just answering your inquiry.

This is from an objective psychriatric standpoint. I knew this all along but for the record here's the scientific source: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-the-name-love/200901/why-are-we-pleased-others-misfortune

* Interestingly this all goes back to what I was explaining in post # 8192. - on this page, regarding a different issue.

Edited by realizm

Anyone notice that when you are running for a bus and it leaves without you, you get pissed, but when you are on the bus and you see a person miss it, you feel happy?

I feel like this a lot.

Not really, I can be quite compassionate when I like. Usually when I see someone running I'll trigger the stop request or if the bus is stopped ask the operator a question with the intent of stalling.

Generally though if they still manage to miss it I figure "you win some you lose some".

Additionally, does anyone here NEVER run for the bus/train in order to avoid the run of shame when the vehicle pulls off? I have found myself doing this recently.

It's more foolish to not even attempt it when there is even a slim chance of you making it. If I miss it well screw it.

School gonna make my hair fall out...

soo muchh shit! Im so stressed, i been writing this essay for 2hrs already. And im still on word 943. Started at 7...still on word 943.

Essays, and analytical paragraphs, speeches, class discussions, getting called on the spot, shakespeare.

I need a break. Not even a break, I need the summer. Holy shyt...

School gonna make my hair fall out...

soo muchh shit! Im so stressed, i been writing this essay for 2hrs already. And im still on word 943. Started at 7...still on word 943.

Essays, and analytical paragraphs, speeches, class discussions, getting called on the spot, shakespeare.

I need a break. Not even a break, I need the summer. Holy shyt...

Took the words right out of my mouth. Exhausted from this nursing program. Man.

Advice: Make sure you get your sleep to let your brain rest you'll feel better. I know you're a sports junkie so that takes care of needed exersise. Work on time management. You'll really need it once you hit college.