Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This everyone will find very interesting.

http://youtu.be/dLlEn0E4mm4

Hard to believe until you see it. This defies the laws of nature in every possible way.

Holy shit! Gotta go to the 10:00 mark! I never seen anything like this before! A man taming a huge 16 foot crocodile? Vicious predators like lions and tigers, yes but NOT this....

What the hell? Phillip Seymore Hoffman DIED......!?

Wow. Just...... wow :huh:

Two law enforcement officers who spoke anonymously to the press (They were authorized not to reveal details on the case but spoke out regardless) revealed that he has died from a drug overdose. He was found in his Greenwich Village apartment in the bathroom with a needle in his arm and closeby, bags of heroin. He was 46.

As we're all aware, it's been a very snowy winter as of late. As a result of today's storm, some schools decided to release kids early so they wouldn't be stuck at school when the roads get icy. Of course, some of these parents are complaining about having to scramble to pick up their kids from school early. I find it annoying that these folks complain when the schools are closed, and when the schools remain open for the full day, they also complain about having to deal with winter weather. It's like there's no pleasing some of these cats. But really, I shouldn't be surprised, now should I? But then again, these people that show up on the news to gripe about early dismissals or outright closures shouldn't be either. I mean, this is New York; this kind of weather is to be expected.

That was sad when I heard about that. :(

Now they are saying that 70 bags of heroin was found in his apartment, 50 bags unopened as well as benzodiazezines, amphetamine based stimulants and muscle relaxants . Yeah definite case of overdose and definte case of drub abuse.

Three days before his death he was found nodding off during a flight. He was put on a waiting cart after the plane landed:

article-hoffman-addon1-0203.jpg

article-hoffman-addon2-0203.jpg

Simple marijuana use or drinking in careful moderation is one matter (cant kill you, not a health concern by doctors) but dangerous hard illicit drugs are another (can bring on deadly consequences). Heroin obviously can kill you by means of respiratory failure in high doses. 

Mixing it with stimulants in high doses can cause cardiac arrest. Combining opiates with benzodiazepines can worsen the sedative effect of heroin leading to respiratory failure. I dont think the Rx drugs were legal because a doctor simply do not prescribe amphetamine analogs with benzodiazepines, that is not a practice that psychiatrists pr primary care physicians follow, because of the contraindications. For the aforementioned reasons.

Edited by realizm

As we're all aware, it's been a very snowy winter as of late. As a result of today's storm, some schools decided to release kids early so they wouldn't be stuck at school when the roads get icy. Of course, some of these parents are complaining about having to scramble to pick up their kids from school early. I find it annoying that these folks complain when the schools are closed, and when the schools remain open for the full day, they also complain about having to deal with winter weather. It's like there's no pleasing some of these cats. But really, I shouldn't be surprised, now should I? But then again, these people that show up on the news to gripe about early dismissals or outright closures shouldn't be either. I mean, this is New York; this kind of weather is to be expected.

They complain because they have jobs and bosses that don't want to hear about them needing to leave early to pick up their kids.  Having to do that sometimes means that they may have to forefeit an entire vacation day just to pick up their kid.  Some companies may not pay for the time you take off, so that could also mean lost pay, so that's why they complain so much.

They complain because they have jobs and bosses that don't want to hear about them needing to leave early to pick up their kids.  Having to do that sometimes means that they may have to forefeit an entire vacation day just to pick up their kid.  Some companies may not pay for the time you take off, so that could also mean lost pay, so that's why they complain so much.

That's true, +1.

Dealing with the NYDOE myself in the IT industry (for the record for the lurkers...), hearing many stories that is the conclusion I came to as well. The NYDOE needs to get off their asses and make clear concise decisions and clean up their act before claiming that its always the parents fault for the complaints, which (contrary to popular belief actually holds merit). I mean like hello world, many parents work and cant exactly tell their employers that they need to jump ship on their shifts because some dipshit clueless AP ended school early. 

Its incompentant a**holes in city agencies who work in administrative positions they have no business working in, not surprising. 

Plenty of administrative retaliation in the mix -- if the teachers even get involved in the decisions made, they may end up in the rubber room if they try. Thats why I emphasize over and over why this system is horrendously flawed. 

Edited by realizm

Cant even walk on these hills in staten island. These bastards seriously shovel and dont put down salt, leaving a layer of ice. People have to walk in the streets. I'd rather you not shovel if you dont have ice, because then I can use the snow as a grip. Honestly no jokes aside, i was skiing down hylan blvd this morning walking to the S78. It was fun because i literally moved about 6-7 feet sliding which was cool, but when i stopped I slipped up and almost fell. I find it sooo wierd how I always slip, but never fall.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Cant even walk on these hills in staten island. These bastards seriously shovel and dont put down salt, leaving a layer of ice. People have to walk in the streets. I'd rather you not shovel if you dont have ice, because then I can use the snow as a grip. Honestly no jokes aside, i was skiing down hylan blvd this morning walking to the S78. It was fun because i literally moved about 6-7 feet sliding which was cool, but when i stopped I slipped up and almost fell. I find it sooo wierd how I always slip, but never fall.

LMAO... Another reason I left Staten Island... I would shovel our sidewalk and other areas and others would do the bare minimum if anything making for a very difficult walk to the express bus... Don't have that problem in Riverdale.

Haha, the sidewalks are always in shitty condition, regardless of the weather. You're better off walking in the street itself.

My trip from yesterday there was an issue that took place with a passenger (well two passengers actually). First, if you're going to a job interview, plan ahead of time and ask the bus drivers (and passengers) where certain locations are.

Arrive early and be aware of bus schedules, especially when traveling the Disney area. Otherwise you end up being late for your interview. 

Another thing to say, if you're taking the bus to work and the bus is detouring, don't call the bus company to file a complaint with the driver, because she won't let you off at a certain area.

There is a reason why she won't let you off in that area. If the detour makes you late for work, that's your own screw up, not the company. Common sense would have you arrive earlier to work. That's all folks. B-)

Edited by DJ MC

My trip from yesterday there was an issue that took place with a passenger (well two passengers actually). First, if you're going to a job interview, plan ahead of time and ask the bus drivers (and passengers) where certain locations are.

Arrive early and be aware of bus schedules, especially when traveling the Disney area. Otherwise you end up being late for your interview. 

Another thing to say, if you're taking the bus to work and the bus is detouring, don't call the bus company to file a complaint with the driver, because she won't let you off at a certain area.

There is a reason why she won't let you off in that area. If the detour makes you late for work, that's your own screw up, not the company. Common sense would have you arrive earlier to work. That's all folks. B-)

Thank you in other words we have a brain capable of foresight and cognitive ability. Use it.