20 R42's Left at Jamaica and the (C) becoming 10 cars

R32 3838

There won't be anyone (or anything) to test!!

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the 59th Street Station, please expect delays in Forest Hills-bound (R) trains at this time.

Im assuming this was an R32 or R42 breakdown. Looks like we need to start the transistion to R160's on the (R) or at minimum get to R46's with SMS.

Just shows that we need to get those old cars off the (R) and (V). This would have affected my commute had I taken the unlucky train.

Hopefully that train with mechanical problems will be permanently removed. No need to repair old cars that are being junked.

And for goodness sakes, junk those R32's, not move them especially if they are prone to breakdown. I realize (MTA) needs cars for service, but at least isolate them to the least used lines whatever that may be.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will the motorman be piss-tested

No, they piss-test the computer :P

Hmmm......CBTC into the terminals......

400 ft: 15MPH

300 ft: 10MPH

200 ft: 5MPH

100 ft: Over-run detected, accelerate to full speed

That doesn't sound good :P

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the 59th Street Station, please expect delays in Forest Hills-bound (R) trains at this time.

Im assuming this was an R32 or R42 breakdown. Looks like we need to start the transistion to R160's on the (R) or at minimum get to R46's with SMS.

Just shows that we need to get those old cars off the (R) and (V). This would have affected my commute had I taken the unlucky train.

Hopefully that train with mechanical problems will be permanently removed. No need to repair old cars that are being junked.

And for goodness sakes, junk those R32's, not move them especially if they are prone to breakdown. I realize (MTA) needs cars for service, but at least isolate them to the least used lines whatever that may be.

Dead wrong. Both sets of R32s and the remaining R42 set have been running on the (V) last week, and I'm assuming the same will happen this week as well. Plus, even if they were running on the (R), at 5:11 that train would still be in Lower Manhattan/Downtown Brooklyn.

Hmmm......CBTC into the terminals......

400 ft: 15MPH

300 ft: 10MPH

200 ft: 5MPH

100 ft: Over-run detected, accelerate to full speed

This is honestly the type of scenario that unsettles me. Computers are only as intelligent as the people who program them, and humans are far from perfect. When it comes to train vs. bumper block, I certainly do not want to be on the train that tests that theory out.

This is honestly the type of scenario that unsettles me. Computers are only as intelligent as the people who program them, and humans are far from perfect. When it comes to train vs. bumper block, I certainly do not want to be on the train that tests that theory out.

The train will win and somehow you'll end up on the 8th Av. tracks :)

INDman: that's scary.

Today i was on the (V) for 3 hours saw every train only 1 R32 no R42

Yeah I trust you more. That car stuck on the (R) was likely one of the remaining R32's as well unless they had an R42 still on the line which is the most likely senario.

Arrivederci.

Some people like to say out with the old in with new. But for me it old and only old i like and when all the R32 R42 are gone there all ways c div

Got that right man! Old cars FTW! Redbirds were/IS the best of the old and now the R32s will be too..

R160 is just= Retared 160 Times! Sorry but i don't like em as much now.. Even with the seats being removed and replaced for standing, HELL NO!!

Man am i gonna need to hunt down some R42s before they are gone..

Is there still a set running out of JAM?

Got that right man! Old cars FTW! Redbirds were the best of the old and now the R32s will be too..

R160 is just= Retared 160 Times! Sorry but i don't like em as much now.. Even with the seats being removed and replaced for standing, HELL NO!!

Man am i gonna need to hunt down some R42s before they are gone..

Is there still a set running out of JAM?

There was 1 set on Friday. I will see if it on the (V) tomorrow

There was 1 set on Friday. I will see if it on the (V) tomorrow

Thx mate, Ill be there at night(12/8) after rail fanning MNCRR up in the Bronx.. May go at 4PM to 71st or 67th ave and later 2nd ave for (R)(V) and ride/record..

You guys need to view the NTTs from the eye of a non-railfan. To regular commuters they are a godsend. Automated station announcements, dynamic route maps that shows you the next stops further down the line, bright lights, smooth rides. The R160s aren't "evil" like you all like to think it is.

You guys need to view the NTTs from the eye of a non-railfan. To regular commuters they are a godsend. Automated station announcements, dynamic route maps that shows you the next stops further down the line, bright lights, smooth rides. The R160s aren't "evil" like you all like to think it is.

I don't hate the R160s, I just don't see the hype about them. Because of all the hype, that's why I don't like them so much.

The only NTTs I find the most reliable and efficient are the R142A and R143. ENY and Westchester keep up with their cars in terms of maintenance and cleanliness and AFAIK, because of the TLC they receive from their homes, they break down less.

I don't hate the R160s, I just don't see the hype about them. Because of all the hype, that's why I don't like them so much.

The only NTTs I find the most reliable and efficient are the R142A and R143. ENY and Westchester keep up with their cars in terms of maintenance and cleanliness and AFAIK, because of the TLC they receive from their homes, they break down less.

I have yet to be on a CIY or JY R160 that breaks down. Do you have numbers to back up what you are saying?

the R160s get me from point A to point B which at the end of the day is most important. But I do have to say i like R142s as far as announcements go anyway. Jessica makes herself heard :(

So the R160s break down more?

What about Dianne? :( lol

LOL you knew I was gonna say somethin! Dianne seems louder on her (2) train announcements when they're headed to the Bronx. But then she seems more enthused about going to Brooklyn. I half expected her to come walkin through train cars with a snack tray. She sounds so flight attendant-esque.

Archived