Blowing Snow at Forest Hills

Joe

Nice!

Remember, the key to most auto-focus is horizontal (usually contrast or color) boundaries, so keep that in mind and you should bring home more "keepers". Only thing my AF has trouble with is photos of trains on the next track over while either that train or mine is moving fast, horizontal boundaries tend to blur obviously, however i combat this by turning the camera on its side. :tup:

- A

Thanks for the comments, fellas.

niCe shots! Was that DM in revenue service?

I'm not sure, to be honest. Two DMs had gone through, they were moving at a good clip so I didn't catch if they were carrying passengers.

Nice!

Remember, the key to most auto-focus is horizontal (usually contrast or color) boundaries, so keep that in mind and you should bring home more "keepers". Only thing my AF has trouble with is photos of trains on the next track over while either that train or mine is moving fast, horizontal boundaries tend to blur obviously, however i combat this by turning the camera on its side. :tup:

- A

Yeah, I know how the AF module works. I was looking for those "cloud of snow behind the train" shots, and they are extremely low-contrast areas, so it's completely understandable that the camera would have a tough time locking focus.

Archived