Pantless man makes suicide leap onto Long Island Railroad tracks, hit by train

w8Hou

Police investigate the scene at 84th Street and Grand Avenue in ELMHURST where a man jumped onto the railroad tracks, police say.

An elderly man died Thursday after he jumped off a Queens snow bank and stood in front of an oncoming Long Island Rail Road train, investigators and witnesses said.

The victim was struck at 11:20 a.m. by a Penn Station-bound train on a desolate stretch of track running through Elmhurst, investigators said.

"I saw somebody leap," says Michael Mertyris, 42, a snow shoveller from Maspeth.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/queens/2010/01/01/2010-01-01_pantless_mans_suicide_leap_disrupts_lirr.html#ixzz0bQFdmUQL

post-1257-133288581542_thumb.jpg

post-1257-133288581542_thumb.jpg

If I didn't have pants on in this weather, I would have jumped in front of a train too :)
Dan you get no points for that,that was wrong,but in any case Its sad to hear.Whatn Im thinking is that he probably had no one to celebrate the new decade with or he may have been a widower and felt like if she wasn`t there to bring in the new year,he was going to join her instead.:cry:

Dan you get no points for that,that was wrong,but in any case Its sad to hear.Whatn Im thinking is that he probably had no one to celebrate the new decade with or he may have been a widower and felt like if she wasn`t there to bring in the new year,he was going to join her instead.:cry:

Oh please.

Not funny at all, there is nothing funny about suicide. It is just sad, unbelievable and regretful for many people...

If you have suicidal thoughts and sober when you are pantless outside, I redirect you to the nearest hosipital to see a psychiatrist and get yourself together.

AWWANG dont try to be brave and jump on this "band wagon" of my joke not being funny and making fun of suicide. It was a joke about ME (ME) 1st of all not about the man who ended his own life for god knows what reason. And I guarantee those who are crying on here would have walked right past this man (and probably pretty fast) if he were asking you for money or help. You people are acting like I insulted your own mother for some reason. Get over it move on, life is too short. And if you got some sort of a problem with me, PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it. -DONE-

Not funny at all, there is nothing funny about suicide. It is just sad, unbelievable and regretful for many people...

If you have suicidal thoughts and sober when you are pantless outside, I redirect you to the nearest hosipital to see a psychiatrist and get yourself together.

Yes its sad for that guy to do that.

If the suicide guy is sober, how the hell he has no pants out in public? For god shakes, he cannot control himself at that time. Apparently it was too little too late.

I am not counting that as a joke. Under this economic weather, I know there will be a lot of suicides but apparently, this is not the time and thread to joke. And do not call me AWWang as noted in previous posts if you look, call me MegaBus or Kevin if you'll.

If I were a ByStander:

-I would have called the police while running to the nearest station and try to stop the train.

-If I could get many people's attention we could make a team and try to wave down the incoming train.

And I do not have a problem with you, we do not have to load up our PM Storage and I never even seen who you really are Dan. If you think I said too much, just PM me and we'll resolve it...

Thanks and have a good day...

***Do not respond | Not Interested in Flame Wars...***

Sorry AWWang, but Dan is right in his reason even though it did not meant for that suicide elderly guy jump without pants. That suicide man have many STUPID reasons to do that and also affects the lives on LIRR train crew and passengers so are Police and the emergency personals. The accident did happen so fast there is not enough time to help his situation out more timely fashion.

Ok guys lets now start the year flaming each other.Im sure Dan gets the idea of it not being funny ok,lets just all continue with this topic like humans and not like starved dogs.

The joke wasnt directly towards the suicide guy. The flame crap could have prevented if you guys would read more carefully and understand the context. BTW, this forum has seen many BSing so its not that unusual to see flame wars from time to time yet it has been done civilly and good faith.

I was told years ago that the period from Thanksgiving to the New Year's Day was the time when most suicides occur on the subway system so I expand that to railroads in general. It's sad but people get despondent because of family conditions, job loss, economic situation, or whatever and it all comes together during the holiday period. Sadly, some people just lose all hope and give up.

Yes its sad for that guy to do that.

If the suicide guy is sober, how the hell he has no pants out in public? For god shakes, he cannot control himself at that time. Apparently it was too little too late.

Sorry AWWang, but Dan is right in his reason even though it did not meant for that suicide elderly guy jump without pants. That suicide man have many STUPID reasons to do that and also affects the lives on LIRR train crew and passengers so are Police and the emergency personals. The accident did happen so fast there is not enough time to help his situation out more timely fashion.

The joke wasnt directly towards the suicide guy. The flame crap could have prevented if you guys would read more carefully and understand the context. BTW, this forum has seen many BSing so its not that unusual to see flame wars from time to time yet it has been done civilly and good faith.

Thank you w8HOU, I was making a light joke about ME in the context of what happend. Death is nothing to laugh at. It sucks, I dont want to see ANYONE go the way that man did, its ugly. case closed. Fin.

Thank you w8HOU, I was making a light joke about ME in the context of what happend. Death is nothing to laugh at. It sucks, I dont want to see ANYONE go the way that man did, its ugly. case closed. Fin.

You welcome. It is sad that users of this forum dont even think twice before posting the rant.

Archived