Hello everyone!

Trackworker

Hello everybody, I started working as a trackworker 8 months ago and in that time I have taken a few pictures of yards, stations and trains.

I wanted to share them but never really knew where till I found this site, so if it's OK with you guys I'll upload a few.

I must say that after 20 years of trying to get in transit and either through bad luck or bad timing, I feel blessed to finally get in.

(;)(D)(1)

Hello everybody, I started working as a trackworker 8 months ago and in that time I have taken a few pictures of yards, stations and trains.

I wanted to share them but never really knew where till I found this site, so if it's OK with you guys I'll upload a few.

I must say that after 20 years of trying to get in transit and either through bad luck or bad timing, I feel blessed to finally get in.

(;)(D)(1)

Welcome Aboard Trackworker! I, Myself, trying over 5 years now trying to get in with Transit. Hope too get in soon. We would love to view your pictures, please post them. Enjoy your stay here, and looking forward to decent transit related discussions with you.

Zach

(;)(D)(1)

Welcome to NYC Transit Forums! Glad to have another transit professional join our community. Looking forward to reading and seeing some of your material.

20 years it took? Someone must of Hexed you..... Welcome aboard, and be safe working in that dangerous environment.

I took the sanitation and corrections jobs, passed both back in '88 I believe.

There was a hiring freeze with sanitation and I wised up and didn't take corrections.

Track is very dangerous indeed, more than I thought it would be.

Welcome Trackworker we need more of you guys here.

There is this trackworker who I work with who is a walking encyclopedia.

He started as a Trackworker then went to Motorman but went back to Track, this guy knows everything.... but he is sort eccentric to say the least. Good guy though.

He's been here for 15 years and I just sit there and soak up all of his track stories which are funny as hell and some sad ones.

I need to convince him .

There is this trackworker who I work with who is a walking encyclopedia.

He started as a Trackworker then went to Motorman but went back to Track, this guy knows everything.... but he is sort eccentric to say the least. Good guy though.

He's been here for 15 years and I just sit there and soak up all of his track stories which are funny as hell and some sad ones.

I need to convince him .

Your profile picture is NICE!

20 years???:eek:

How discouraging. I'm 38 and I've only just started the process. If it takes me as long as it took Trackworker to get a job with the MTA I'll be eligible for retirement my first day on the job.

Archived