A Question About The Possible (M) cut that included the (V)

ctrain

As you may have figured out I ask a lot of questions LOL because I am only 13. So that said I was wondering if they do make the (V) run on the (M) to Metropolitan Ave will the (V) start using some R160's? Just wondering thanks

(C)(T)(R)(A)(1)(N)

If it does use R160s it will use the four-car sets based out of East New York.

It could.

I dont think it will run on R32/R42 since Metropolitan is technically a Northern Terminal, NOT a southern.. And also there is NO southern roll sign of Metropolitan avenue on any OTT, Nor Forest Hills..

Unless the t/a modifies it..

The (V) can run R160s but with 4 car sets if the (M)/(V) merge does happen. It can also run R32s and R42s if the fleet is not retired. I know for sure that if the (M)/(V) merge happens the (V) won't run R46's. It's up to the (NYCT) to decide which fleet that (V) will use. Let's wait and see if the (M)/(V) merge happens.

The New (V) would Only Use the R160A-1's from ENY and the R32's From Jamaica.

So The (V) will be R160A-1 & R32's, They Already made the Car Equipment assignment.

IT WILL NOT USE R42's.

How can it use the R32s if there is NO southern terminal of ether Metropolitan Ave or Forest Hills?! Unless there is or the t/a will change them?

And how do you know if it will run ether? The t/a is the one who knows dude. To the R160s seems fair.

And how do you know if it will run ether? The t/a is the one who knows dude. To the R160s seems fair.

And how do you know it won't? You don't know one way or the other until someone from inside the TA says something, so there is no point in speculating.

If this service change were to proceed:

On Weekday (V) service:

Metropolitan Av would be the south terminal. The readings for Metropolitan Av as the south terminal are in fact on the R32s.

Late nights & weekend (V) service:

Metropolitan Av would be the north terminal, and Myrtle Av/Bdwy would be the south terminal.

Metropolitan Av & Jamaica Center/Parsons Archer is listed as a North and South Terminal on the R32s.

Its no point in speculating, Its Obvious that they would have to use Some R32's for put-ins, This Line is going to have alot of ridership.

Points where the Most Pick Ups would be at:

1.Metroplitan Av (reason Middle Village and the Metro Mall)

2.Myrtle-Wycoff Avs (reason Transit Hub and connection with the (L)

3.Myrtle Ave (reason Connection with the (J)/(Z) trains

4.Flushing Ave( Reason Woodhaul Hospital)

5.Marcy Ave (reason Willamsburg and Willamsburg Plaza(Bus Transfers)

6.Essex St

7.West 4th st

8.Between 34th st and 23rd st Ely ave

9.Roosevelt ave Jackson Hits.

10.Woodhaven Bivd

That's why you are going to need extra trains, 19 trainsets of R160's from the (M) would not help, That's why they are going to trow some R32's in the mix.

If this service change were to proceed:

On Weekday (V) service:

Metropolitan Av would be the south terminal. The readings for Metropolitan Av as the south terminal are in fact on the R32s.

Late nights & weekend (V) service:

Metropolitan Av would be the north terminal, and Myrtle Av/Bdwy would be the south terminal.

Metropolitan Av & Jamaica Center/Parsons Archer is listed as a North and South Terminal on the R32s.

Maybe you have a different R32 sign then I have, but on my sign Metropolitan Av is not on the southern destination roll.

Its no point in speculating, Its Obvious that they would have to use Some R32's for put-ins, This Line is going to have alot of ridership.

Points where the Most Pick Ups would be at:

1.Metroplitan Av (reason Middle Village and the Metro Mall)

2.Myrtle-Wycoff Avs (reason Transit Hub and connection with the (L)

3.Myrtle Ave (reason Connection with the (J)/(Z) trains

4.Flushing Ave( Reason Woodhaul Hospital)

5.Marcy Ave (reason Willamsburg and Willamsburg Plaza(Bus Transfers)

6.Essex St

7.West 4th st

8.Between 34th st and 23rd st Ely ave

9.Roosevelt ave Jackson Hits.

10.Woodhaven Bivd

That's why you are going to need extra trains, 19 trainsets of R160's from the (M) would not help, That's why they are going to trow some R32's in the mix.

If you're talking about the morning commute into Manhattan you want to mention Fresh Pond Road, which is right in the middle of residential Ridgewood and sees a lot more ridership than Metropolitan Ave. At Flushing probably more people get OFF in the morning than get on (I don't know if it's possible but it would be a heck of a good idea to make it into an express stop).

Those couple of quibbles aside, I agree with you: this service should get a fair amount of ridership.

If you're talking about the morning commute into Manhattan you want to mention Fresh Pond Road, which is right in the middle of residential Ridgewood and sees a lot more ridership than Metropolitan Ave. At Flushing probably more people get OFF in the morning than get on (I don't know if it's possible but it would be a heck of a good idea to make it into an express stop).

Those couple of quibbles aside, I agree with you: this service should get a fair amount of ridership.

Yeah, I forgot about Fresh Pond Rd, I rerember when I used to take the (M) train from Metroplitan ave and between Fresh Pond Rd and Myrtle ave, The Train had a load of people.

Guys I got question. If the (V) does end up replacing the (M) will the R1/9 holiday fantrip be effected in anyway? Will they have to find another line to run it? I know that nothing has been set in stone yet and that the fantrip is nearly ten months from now, but I am curious to know as I will be coming to New York this year. Most likely in both the summer and winter.

I would think they would likely just terminate it at either Essex or 2nd Av so they don't have to run it above ground. IMO.

Archived