IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they might turn off the screens because they get hot fast in the hot stations and they don't have the cooling system installed to properly run them with the current conditions.

they might turn off the screens because they get hot fast in the hot stations and they don't have the cooling system installed to properly run them with the current conditions.
they ran around installing ACs all over some of them had ACs but some didnt.

For those interested, Atlantic Avenue has had the numbers put back. The red bullets have remained, however. All of the clocks in this station have this configuration as far as I saw. Here's a picture on the uptown local platform taken with a cell:

c0c0f9af.jpg

In other news, and I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Nevins St has been off for at least 3 days for now (nothing at all on any of the clocks). Also, Hoyt St is just displaying time and day for today. Finally, in addition to the new config for Atlantic Av, there was also a special announcement played whenever a Nereid Av-bound (5) arrived at the station saying that the destination of the train was Nereid Av. I'm sorry if any of this info was mentioned already.

For those interested, Atlantic Avenue has had the numbers put back. The red bullets have remained, however. All of the clocks in this station have this configuration as far as I saw. Here's a picture on the uptown local platform taken with a cell:

c0c0f9af.jpg

In other news, and I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Nevins St has been off for at least 3 days for now (nothing at all on any of the clocks). Also, Hoyt St is just displaying time and day for today. Finally, in addition to the new config for Atlantic Av, there was also a special announcement played whenever a Nereid Av-bound (5) arrived at the station saying that the destination of the train was Nereid Av. I'm sorry if any of this info was mentioned already.

that station doesnt have AC in the computer room so with this heat we have it will have too be offline.

I also have observed that:

1.Franklin ave for about the past week the signs have said: "Train schedule is not avaliable".Same at kingston today.

2.Utica ave was just showing date and time.

the same goes for them too abba, they will have too put ACs in them so it wont have a a crash with the cpu

I agree. The great thing is there hasn't been any major inaccuracies. The approaching train announcements own!!! I would add "Please stand away from

the platform edge." to the announcements though as a safety reminder.

I would remove it, as it gets very repetitive during the rush hour. The B div signs should remove the long-winded safety announcement ("Please stand away from the platform edge especially when trains are entering and leaving the station")

If the MTA thinks it really is necessary, just use "Please stand back."

I would remove it, as it gets very repetitive during the rush hour. The B div signs should remove the long-winded safety announcement ("Please stand away from the platform edge especially when trains are entering and leaving the station")

i dont think its a bad idea too have them, i see that in all other systems like the LIRR and Amtrak everytime a train comes into the station it says that, plus in this city where people look over the platform and pay no attention too the fact that a train is coming they should keep telling them to stand back from the edge of the platform.

At 59th Columbus Circle the message is reduced to "Please stand away from the platform edge"

that station doesnt have AC in the computer room so with this heat we have it will have too be offline.

the same goes for them too abba, they will have too put ACs in them so it wont have a a crash with the cpu

Right but I think its more than just the heat.

But a lot of them are on just not showing the arrival times.If they are on why not show the arrival times?
oh thats because the GPU uses alot of energy when doing the arrival times so it get really hot, when its just showing the times its not using the GPU or the CPU as much at all

I also have observed that:

1.Franklin ave for about the past week the signs have said: "Train schedule is not avaliable".Same at kingston today.

2.Utica ave was just showing date and time.

As of today number 1 has been fixed.But number 2 remains the same.

this is cool i was on 42nd st today and i as always listen to the announcements but this time when they announcements came on it came with a chime, i have too do a video so you can hear it i dont know if other stations have that but it comes on with the announcements for the (1) train starting to change at dykeman st

this is cool i was on 42nd st today and i as always listen to the announcements but this time when they announcements came on it came with a chime, i have too do a video so you can hear it i dont know if other stations have that but it comes on with the announcements for the (1) train starting to change at dykeman st

I think some stations have that when an announcement is made by a person about an alert.

Archived