NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

Does anyone know if the door manufacturer is Vapor?

The only Queens depots that will be able to handle artics for now will be Baisley Park, JFK, and Jamaica Depot version 2.0.

Not to take this off topic but one quick question, wasn't Stengel supposed to get Artics in the past? If so, wouldn't the same stuff for then be able to happen now by making it "Artic-ready"? It would be cool to see LFSA's on the Q44.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The delivery timetable has been pused back slightly because the TA does not like the arrangement of the seats on the buses that have been delivered so far. They are working with 4ONE/Nova IIRC to resolve the issue.

Since its delayed does this effect QV badly?

Not to take this off topic but one quick question, wasn't Stengel supposed to get Artics in the past? If so, wouldn't the same stuff for then be able to happen now by making it "Artic-ready"? It would be cool to see LFSA's on the Q44.

I think I saw somewhere on this site that after Jamaica Depot can handle artics the Q44 would be based out of there

I hope not 'cuz the heat is taking it's toll on our buses (specfifically the older fleet). ;):tdown:

I wouldn't say so really ive been riding the older RTSs on the Q1 they've been fairly cold (HVAC) and running fine as usual

I didn't hear anything about Stengel getting artics in the past, but that could have been on the table. I'm sure it can be made artic ready, but I haven't heard of any plans to do so in the future at all.

Since its delayed does this effect QV badly?

I think I saw somewhere on this site that after Jamaica Depot can handle artics the Q44 would be based out of there

QV will be fine. I heard something about the Q44 possibly running out of the new Jamaica Depot as well, but we are some years away from that and will just have to wait and see at this point.

I wouldn't say so really ive been riding the older RTSs on the Q1 they've been fairly cold (HVAC) and running fine as usual

Yeah, QV does a great job maintaining their buses.

:tup: The delivery timetable has been pused back slightly because the TA does not like the arrangement of the seats on the buses that have been delivered so far. They are working with 4ONE/Nova IIRC to resolve the issue.

Thank friggin God! I cant stand these buses anymore!! If they rearrange the seating situation, that might help, but in the meantime I went back to old reliable 6285.

:tup: The delivery timetable has been pused back slightly because the TA does not like the arrangement of the seats on the buses that have been delivered so far. They are working with 4ONE/Nova IIRC to resolve the issue.

Thank friggin God! I cant stand these buses anymore!! If they rearrange the seating situation, that might help, but in the meantime I went back to old reliable 6285.

Is that why so many of the old filthy buses are running now?? I was wondering about that on the express bus this morning. I was thinking now why do they always pull out these old @ss buses with no AC when it's sweltering outside and they have all of these new buses?

Is that why so many of the old filthy buses are running now?? I was wondering about that on the express bus this morning. I was thinking now why do they always pull out these old @ss buses with no AC when it's sweltering outside and they have all of these new buses?

Drivers hate the NOVAS, I had 8000/8009 everyday for a month, couldnt take it anymore. Workin the 48 is bad enough with less seriviced but to take out the (short bus) as I like to call them is just a suicide mission. Ive had the maint GS work on 6285 lil at a time since we got it from Charleston and Ill take that anyday over ANY NOVA. They are just that bad. As far as no AC, thats the drivers fault. Ive road called buses for no AC and will continue to if it fails on the road. If it has none in the yard, they can kiss my ass as Im not pulling it out!

Drivers hate the NOVAS, I had 8000/8009 everyday for a month, couldnt take it anymore. Workin the 48 is bad enough with less seriviced but to take out the (short bus) as I like to call them is just a suicide mission. Ive had the maint GS work on 6285 lil at a time since we got it from Charleston and Ill take that anyday over ANY NOVA. They are just that bad. As far as no AC, thats the drivers fault. Ive road called buses for no AC and will continue to if it fails on the road. If it has none in the yard, they can kiss my ass as Im not pulling it out!

That's what I like to hear!! :cool: :P

that's what i like to hear!! :cool: :P

i'm not scared of the big bad wolf!!!! Lol Not to mention the fact that lately all the Novas have been either Out of service or out at the vendor for some BS here and some bs there. I know for a fact that they still have AC issue with them as well as fuel tank issues. 8009 check eng light and Low air light since day 1. Ive told them over and over and as off last friday it was still not fixed.

Why do the drivers hate the Nova's? Unless I have missed something, this is the first negative thing I have heard from the drivers. I understand riders think the seating sucks, but that is the TA's decision not Nova's.

Why do the drivers hate the Nova's? Unless I have missed something, this is the first negative thing I have heard from the drivers. I understand riders think the seating sucks, but that is the TA's decision not Nova's.

Try driving one in passsenger service. Im not saying that they suck alltogether, its just not a pratical bus for what we do! NO Space inside. If I take a Nova out for my run, I have to Flag stops(pass stops by) because Im full. Take an Orion V out and I can just about make the whole trip WITHOUT flagging stops. Just 2 totally different designs and sorry the Nova design just doesnt cut it IMO.

Now take the ride, AC, and the execellent drivers view up front with all the glass, I'll say its better than all the others, just needs more room inside.

I don't understand why they would put those doors in. They take forever to open. The few seconds you get from having a low floor bus gets eaten right up with the doors taking forever to open.

Do they still make the newbies take out buses without AC even if they don't want to? I know they did once upon a time.

Try driving one in passsenger service. Im not saying that they suck alltogether, its just not a pratical bus for what we do! NO Space inside. If I take a Nova out for my run, I have to Flag stops(pass stops by) because Im full. Take an Orion V out and I can just about make the whole trip WITHOUT flagging stops. Just 2 totally different designs and sorry the Nova design just doesnt cut it IMO.

Now take the ride, AC, and the execellent drivers view up front with all the glass, I'll say its better than all the others, just needs more room inside.

But remember you can't compare a low floor to a high for as far as interior space goes.

I don't understand why they would put those doors in. They take forever to open. The few seconds you get from having a low floor bus gets eaten right up with the doors taking forever to open.

The door speeds can be adjusted. Someone just needs to be made aware of the issue.

Ok, you say I can't compare low/high floor buses( I can ) . How about the Nova versus an Orion VII? The ng has more room in the back than the Nova, more seats and more standing room. Point being no matter how you cut it the Nova is just too cramped. My opinion. :P

The door speeds can be adjusted. Someone just needs to be made aware of the issue.

But don't they test these buses beforehand? Seems like the issues in question should've been obvious. I mean if regular folks can see this why can't they big wigs at the (MTA)? It's funny because you talk about folks not having a clue because they don't know the ins and outs of transit, but this door and space issue seems like a no brainer to me. :eek:

I expect to be slammed in the next post from you, but that's fine, I can take it. lol

I heard the same thing. From what I've been told by many people, Stengel was supposed to get the final batch of the D60s but then the (MTA) and New Flyer had that little falling out and the order was cancelled

But don't they test these buses beforehand? Seems like the issues in question should've been obvious. I mean if regular folks can see this why can't they big wigs at the (MTA)? It's funny because you talk about folks not having a clue because they don't know the ins and outs of transit, but this door and space issue seems like a no brainer to me. :eek:

I expect to be slammed in the next post from you, but that's fine, I can take it. lol

What's going on with the 90 Nova's and the other 90 buses from Orion and New Flyer is a test right now. The reaction of riders and bus drivers seem to be the results of the test so far.

You've done a complete 180 with these buses in a span of 2 months. I guess it isn't as glamorous as it appeared to be.

You've done a complete 180 with these buses in a span of 2 months. I guess it isn't as glamorous as it appeared to be.

Prince, yes I have had a complete turn around. I did also say in the begining that i would wait and see. Question, are u an operator or spectator? I'd love for you tospend 3 days with me and I'll show you the difference between the 3 buses. Better yet, go stand on Forest Ave and manor rd @approximately 3:40 and try to board the bus. If I have a Nova you'll see me drive right by, Orion 7 you have a slim chance of making it, and if I have an Orion 5 you'll get on. You'll probably have to sit on the farebox but at least ill stop for ya.

Prince, yes I have had a complete turn around. I did also say in the begining that i would wait and see. Question, are u an operator or spectator? I'd love for you tospend 3 days with me and I'll show you the difference between the 3 buses. Better yet, go stand on Forest Ave and manor rd @approximately 3:40 and try to board the bus. If I have a Nova you'll see me drive right by, Orion 7 you have a slim chance of making it, and if I have an Orion 5 you'll get on. You'll probably have to sit on the farebox but at least ill stop for ya.

LOL! I am a spectator but I would love to ride with you and see where you are coming from, most definately. :P :tup:

lol... Also, don't you feel sort of trapped on those NOVA buses all enclosed like that where the B/O's area is at? I don't think that was a smart move either. I mean I feel like if something happened it would be difficult for you guys to get off of the bus quickly. :eek:

lol... Also, don't you feel sort of trapped on those NOVA buses all enclosed like that where the B/O's area is at? I don't think that was a smart move either. I mean I feel like if something happened it would be difficult for you guys to get off of the bus quickly. :eek:

I actually like the drivers area in the nova. The only hing is that the door is too close and its a pain in the ass sometmes to get at the farebox. As far as getting out, its not so bad. I wouldnt want to be the person in the way of that door should i have to jump out........ ouch thats gonna hurt.

Archived