Does the 7 Train Have the Worst Quality of Passengers?

Donald

I dont mean to start a heated debate, but over the past few weeks I have noticed more rude behavior by (7) than those on any other train. Here are some recent examples:

Today: 3 kids opended the doors slightly while the train was in motion and took turns sticking their hands out of the train. Yes, they really stuck their hands out of the train while it was moving. This occurred all the way from Vernon Jackson to Times Square.

3 weeks ago: A drunk guy who got off the train with me at 90 St. almsot got into a fight with me for no reason. He was doing his "business" in the street and I stayed away from him because I sensed he was drunk and did not want any problems. While I was waiting, he threatneed to kick my you know what.

I ride plenty of other train lines and have NEVER had any of these types of behavior occur. This is why I try to avoid the (7) like the plague and only ride it when track work forces me to.

I dont mean to start a heated debate, but over the past few weeks I have noticed more rude behavior by (7) than those on any other train. Here are some recent examples:

Today: 3 kids opended the doors slightly while the train was in motion and took turns sticking their hands out of the train. Yes, they really stuck their hands out of the train while it was moving. This occurred all the way from Vernon Jackson to Times Square.

3 weeks ago: A drunk guy who got off the train with me at 90 St. almsot got into a fight with me for no reason. He was doing his "business" in the street and I stayed away from him because I sensed he was drunk and did not want any problems. While I was waiting, he threatneed to kick my you know what.

I ride plenty of other train lines and have NEVER had any of these types of behavior occur. This is why I try to avoid the (7) like the plague and only ride it when track work forces me to.

Welcome to New York City!!

That happened to me, but not on subway.

On first launch of Bx12SBS, I decided to get Bx12 LCL to get to first Bx12 SBS run at Edson/Bartow Avs, there was drunken guy drinking beer and talking to himself. It made me nervous while I was waited for bus, but I stay calm.

When Bx12 Local came to Williamsbridge Rd, I told B/O that guy is scary after I paid my fare.

From what I've seen on the (E)(F)(V)(G)(N)(R)(W)(Q)(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7) with people playing music loudly, leaving trash, and taking up more room than needed, the (7) is the worst.

I have to admit I'm guilty of taking up more room than needed. LOL. I sometimes deliberately take up more room anytime I see a fat person board the train so that they will not sit next to me and crush me to death. I'd rather stand than be crushed.

I see what your saying, but I do not see as many problems on the other lines I frequently ride (the (E)(N) and (W) ) as I do on the (7). Maybe because the other lines go through richer neighborhoods than the (7)? The last time I checked, Astoria is wealthier than Jackson Heights.

I see what your saying, but I do not see as many problems on the other lines I frequently ride (the (E)(N) and (W) ) as I do on the (7). Maybe because the other lines go through richer neighborhoods than the (7)? The last time I checked, Astoria is wealthier than Jackson Heights.

(N)o buddy it's because you ain't riding (E)nough

(D) 205 Down anybody wanna school this kid

(F) in BK (A) in BK or 207 down

(2) Wakefield down (1) BX down

(4)(3) New lots all the way down the line

Get out more (D)onald and transfer from the (7) line and you'll see

<R>eport back to us ASAP:tup:(K)<R>

I agree, I've been on basically every line in the city and I had no major incidents on the trains. Sometimes it's just random on some lines. And the worst I dealt with was loud obnoxious kids on the trains after school is out. But otherwise nothing else happened to me - thank god.

(G)(C) Have you ever been on A Bus school ride like <Q>25 on a school run Parsons/Jamaica ?

<Q>66 in the 80's school trips

Trust me they are A horror show

No I heard and been through worse on other lines, buddy. Not just the (7). Just a week ago, three kids from my school got mugged around 1600 hours travelling SB on the (4). Then a while ago, some people got stabbed on the (2) and the (D). I sometimes walk onto a R142A on the (6) with poorly removed graffiti.

Ride the subway more, and the stuff you went through on the (7) will be a piece of cake compared to what you could have seenn.

(G)(C) Have you ever been on A Bus school ride like <Q>25 on a school run Parsons/Jamaica ?

<Q>66 in the 80's school trips

Trust me they are A horror show

I've been on a B41 after 3pm, it is worse than being on a prison full of convicts lol. Also Franklin on the (2) is just terrible as well. Platforms full of kids. I know there are the good ones out there, but the majority of kids I see just don't deserve their free rides IMO.

Try riding the (2) on a late night. You'd see much, much worse on that train than the (7), hell the (7) is rarely a train where the weird things happen! I've had an encounter with a mentally retarded person on the (E) once! If only you knew how uncomfortable I was standing there with this guy pretending to box with the air, walking about the train car in a "daze" and singing random songs (although he wasn't half bad). But yeah. The (7)? Please.

This is why I try to avoid the (7) like the plague and only ride it when track work forces me to.

Some of us try to avoid working it like the plague, but if I gotta go, I gotta go. Some of the extra (XL), and extra extra (RX) will book off if the crew office tries to send them there. Especially at night with the drunk Central Americans (don't want to call all of them Mexicans, cause I know they all ain't).............

I actually rode the (4) on the weekday a few weeks ago and the train was so crowded that there was not any room for any kids to jerk off even if they wanted to.

Those hormonally driven kids, would rather dry hump anyways. On the platform, they be in the front, or end of the station, slobbering over each others faces.......

The one train I never ride is the (2), unless it's midday on a weekday only and I have no other choices available.

For some reason drunk people tend to like me here LMAO! The (5) could be much worse but I never had a huge issue on it.. The (1) seems safe to me. But yeah in NYC you almost can't avoid idiots at all unless you're by Locust Point or Edgewater Park, time to move out this city! The (7) is actually alright IMO, but you're hearing this from me and I'm from the ghetto in the Bronx so I know poor quality of passengers. :P

put it this way, it doesnt matter what subway line u ride. weather its the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(A)(:P©(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M2)(N)(Q)(R)(S)(V)(W) or (Z), or even the (SIR), when it becomes to people being really stupid, something unexpected can happen. whether its day or night, u STILL have to be careful.

Ex: The incident on the (:P or (F) train at Rockefeller Center that happened this week,

Ex: The stabbing on the (2) train that one late night,

Ex: That fight that broke off on the (6) train in which lead to someone who punched a lady in her nose and made her bleed,

i admit, i do get a lil scared nowadays because of whats going on, but i still have to get to school, work, etc. all we gotta do is just be alert at all times.

Actually I feel that the (A) has to worst passengers on board, oh are the music so loud, and so is (J) & (Z) food smell all over. Car 1 smells like McDonalds, Car 2 smells like Pizza, Car 3 smells like some Mexican food, Car 4 smells like Indian. Car 5 smells like Chinese. Car 6 smells like a Deli, Car 7 smells like Ice Cream and Car 8 smells like homeless's left-overs.

Um...WTF?!

Archived