Two Transit Workers attacked and one spat On.

RTOMan

This is not going to get any Better i feel...

http://amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/tough-weekend-for-transit-workers-with-two-attacked-and-one-spat-upon-1.2080691

Be Careful Out there my Fellow (MTA) People and watch your back AND your Partners. People out here with issues and todays times arent helping them @ All.

You know deep down most of them feel these delays and service cuts are "our fault" anyway, smh....

I know that station agent. He is a really nice guy. Look whats happens when a station agent goes beyond his duty. All he should have done is called the police from the booth. I am sure transit is trying put this one on him for taking the pic.

As a conductor you see alot of people ready to take a swing at you. Gotta be careful out there.

This is not going to get any Better i feel...

http://amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/tough-weekend-for-transit-workers-with-two-attacked-and-one-spat-upon-1.2080691

Be Careful Out there my Fellow (MTA) People and watch your back AND your Partners. People out here with issues and todays times arent helping them @ All.

You know deep down most of them feel these delays and service cuts are "our fault" anyway, smh....

Those douchebags don't deserve public transit. Let them walk to work

Thats a shame but how did the Station Agent get attacked he should have stayed in the Booth. Now the Conductor incident that should be a reminder to all C/R's if something isn't right on that platform close your window. When I came out in 2000Assults on Conductors was a every day thing. These days with assults on the low C/R's seem to be dropping their guard down or new C/R's who don't think it can't happen.

Two sides- If the S/A stayed in the booth and just called the cops- he would be blamed for not taking action and since he did- he will be blamed for going beyond his duties and putting himself in danger. Damned if you do and damned if you dont!

Domestic incidents are by far the worst kind, better off not getting involved,call the police yes but you are risking your life if you try to break it up, and it's just not worth it. The thing is 99% of the time the woman will not press charges against her boyfriend,so there you go.

Domestic incidents are by far the worst kind, better off not getting involved,call the police yes but you are risking your life if you try to break it up, and it's just not worth it. The thing is 99% of the time the woman will not press charges against her boyfriend,so there you go.

Yep exactly then you call it in something REALLY BAD happens then you get these people saying"Oh the Agent Should have helped that poor woman"....

Probally the same people who think the (MTA)'s mess is our fault anyway...

After all they said it in the papers right?

It's not an Easy thing to remember that the (MTA) will find A way to put it on Employees , The way they think is Unhumanitarian they think backwards , I just don't understand it but I will try to provide for my Fam as long as I live with or without this f n company

sure I was making less driving A school bus many years ago but my biggest concern was Traffic and that my friends I can handle anyday

but when you do the right thing and intervien well you may lose your job or lose your life and this job can kiss my ass for the way they treat us.

I don't give a shit if the white shirts read this hey f**k you to putos yeh you the ones lurking in this forum wanna be Cagney and laceys for the (MTA)F u with kisses from good ol (K)<R>

I hope my fellow Employees get better

And that's the bottom line cuz this bus op said so.

Assaulting NYC Transit Personnel and any other transporation employees in NY State is a felony punishable by up to seven years in prison. I understand the service cuts, but thats absolutely no reason to take it out on (MTA) Employees. It's becoming a angry atmosphere alright, I agree with Rob, we better watch out for these riders.

I'd be angry if I found out one of my friend operators/conductors, and station agent friends were attacked. Transit personnel to me are amongst the friendliest people I've ever met in New York, and it just sickens me to read and hear about this stuff too often. I just wish that some of these riders think twice before going with their actions, but as it seems that would be unlikely.

In other words, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to attack transit personnel at all while you are a paying customer for these services, if you do, you are an idiot!

It's not an Easy thing to remember that the (MTA) will find A way to put it on Employees , The way they think is Unhumanitarian they think backwards , I just don't understand it but I will try to provide for my Fam as long as I live with or without this f n company

sure I was making less driving A school bus many years ago but my biggest concern was Traffic and that my friends I can handle anyday

but when you do the right thing and intervien well you may lose your job or lose your life and this job can kiss my ass for the way they treat us.

I don't give a shit if the white shirts read this hey f**k you to putos yeh you the ones lurking in this forum wanna be Cagney and laceys for the (MTA)F u with kisses from good ol (K)<R>

I hope my fellow Employees get better

And that's the bottom line cuz this bus op said so.

Oh simmer playa. LOL

since the S/A did not physically get involved and just snapped a pic he did not break any rules. if he were smart he would go out on comp that way he can avoid the layoff. when assulted he can take up to 2 years off. i feel for my fellow conductors i worked midnights and know exactly what they go through on the weekends.

Assaulting NYC Transit Personnel and any other transporation employees in NY State is a felony punishable by up to seven years in prison. I understand the service cuts, but thats absolutely no reason to take it out on (MTA) Employees. It's becoming a angry atmosphere alright, I agree with Rob, we better watch out for these riders.

I'd be angry if I found out one of my friend operators/conductors, and station agent friends were attacked. Transit personnel to me are amongst the friendliest people I've ever met in New York, and it just sickens me to read and hear about this stuff too often. I just wish that some of these riders think twice before going with their actions, but as it seems that would be unlikely.

In other words, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to attack transit personnel at all while you are a paying customer for these services, if you do, you are an idiot!

Nice public service announcement Matt as usual.

This is looking pretty awful. It's not just with the MTA workers either. I've actually seen purse snatching and physical assaults going on above ground with ordinary people. I chased after a guy who smacked this woman and ran off with her purse in union sq not too long ago. Probably dangerous on my part but I'm done watching bad shit go down if I can do something about it.

This crazy heat isn't helping things at all...i've seen so many turnstile jumpers, fights, and angry people on line yelling at B/O's this week. Keep yourselves safe (MTA) dudes, it looks like its just going to get worse with the continuing heat.

This crazy heat isn't helping things at all...i've seen so many turnstile jumpers, fights, and angry people on line yelling at B/O's this week. Keep yourselves safe (MTA) dudes, it looks like its just going to get worse with the continuing heat.

Can some of this be blamed on the media for their purporting negative and grossly over-exaggerated aspects of (MTA) employees?

the bad part about this that the ta encourages this behavior.........as long as they continue to cut service, run to the media in regards to how much people are making, alleged slacking off on the job,and make it out that we employees dont do anything, these type of things will continue to happen.........

the bad part about this that the ta encourages this behavior.........as long as they continue to cut service, run to the media in regards to how much people are making, alleged slacking off on the job,and make it out that we employees dont do anything, these type of things will continue to happen.........

Thank you.

Municipal workers fall into the same category. The old anecdote that "You're only as good as your last F@&k-up" never fails to be true. Management at any public service agency likes to function as a collective Queen Bee, with their worker drones scurrying around the hive to both build up the nest and be the first ones to be sacrificed whenever attacked by outsiders. It's nonsense that those who gather the pollen to make the honey are those who are viewed as the most expendable and most replaceable. I'll even go as far as to state that civil service law and the exams promote this type of hire and fire bullshit, with lists thousands of names long, making it easy for management to dump and pick up one number after another.

Mayor Bloomberg and his administration performed a noble action by issuing that statement regarding the sleeping employees, which I was surprised to see considering how much he favors contracted-out services. Still, he stood up for civil servants on the whole, which is more than a lot of managers have done, from what I've seen.

A civil servant's hourly or yearly salary is public knowledge, as posted in any vacancy notice. FOIL has also become the preferred tool for all of the finger-pointers with a whole lot of free time and large mouths with which to bitch and moan. The fingers become longer, the clocks become slower, the voices become louder, and they all multiply like cockroaches when the economy is as bad as it's been. People are jealous of those with jobs, the former limo-loungers aren't happy to have to travel via train with the gentry ("regular people") and as everyone knows, the easiest way to take the blame off of your shoulders is to dump it on someone else's. A salary published in a vacancy notice is one thing: these administrative asswipes and supervisory suppositories should NOT be offering up what are most likely tall tales of pool tables, $33/hour Slack Workers and "generous" overtime to the media to make public fodder and to vacate the news racks.

I come from a family that holds ties to labor and skilled trade unions here in America since the days of Ellis Island and the extended members in Europe are also represented by similar unions and trade guilds. I've seen worn-out gloves and boots since I was wearing out my diapers, I've seen pension checks lying on kitchen counters in the house of every family member that I've visited and I know what dirt and grease looks like, feels like, smells like, sounds like and tastes like. I also know what it's like to live hand-to-mouth and I've seen a lot of people bust their asses for several decades, eagerly looking forward to retiring and enjoying the fruits of their labor, and then dropping dead of a heart attack, stroke, or developing cancer right as the light at the end of the tunnel was being reached.

NYC Transit workers don't operate the gravy train that management would like their fare-paying customers to think that they do. Civil service employees don't have it as easy as the news would like everyone to think that we do. Sure, I have A/C in my truck, invaluable when driving two hours a day in this swelterfest. But, of the twelve or so stops that I average on my trip ticket a day (the first and last being my shop), one is five-minute stop at a deli to grab a coffee and bag of ice for the cooler and the other nine are job locations. Of course, that five minutes provides a plethora of chances for some camera phone-yielding yentl to take a snapshot and provide some b.s. story to the NY Post that has the potential for being the exact opposite of the truth. Without a doubt, the surreptitious group of sell-out managers who have the opportunity to speak the truth would rather cough up a sell-out story and save their faces at the expense of our asses

The bottom line is that publicly-visible workers are the easiest to replace in order to appease the public. However, it's those who hide behind closed doors that need to realize that slashing a mother or father's throat is not an effective replacement for slashing services.

Nice public service announcement Matt as usual.

This is looking pretty awful. It's not just with the MTA workers either. I've actually seen purse snatching and physical assaults going on above ground with ordinary people. I chased after a guy who smacked this woman and ran off with her purse in union sq not too long ago. Probably dangerous on my part but I'm done watching bad s*** go down if I can do something about it.

You must be seeing a lot of idiots around you. I haven't seen any of those assaults yet except station agents that are verbally abused by passengers, and police officers are there to intervene whenever I see one of those occurring.

Lol

Don't I make good public announcements?

Some people really need to learn some f**king self control. People who bear witness to such things should not stand idly by and watch. There's action to be taken! Kick some motherf**kin' ass and put some motherf**kers in their place!

Here's the thing about that: As you know, NYCT personnel cannot defend themselves from any attack whatsoever, lest they be fired, sued, jailed, or all 3. Other passengers can help a TO, CR, BO out if they want...but then, they'd be thrown in jail and personally sued along with NYCT and whatever employee is in the vicinity who "refused to take appropriate action".

Self defense is a NON EXISTENT term in NYC simply because of the(S)(H)(1)(T) we decide to put into our offices here in the city and Albany...and as you know, some of them have a little say-so in who goes up for a board seat and when. From governors, to senators, to mayors, to city council members, to district attorneys and AGs...their daily agenda is HOW TO SCREW US OVER.

So, the next time you get a candidate that talks about bringing back the death penalty, longer and stiffer sentences, no parole, and supports the 2nd amendment and rights for self defense...LISTEN TO THEM instead of writing them off as psychotic. And after you hear what they have to say, watch the news...and keep in mind who's currently in office and what their stance is. Then the solution will become clear as day.(NYCT)(A)

Archived