Wat (R) do u like best??

Calvin

It doesn't matter to me. As long as it gets me to work ON TIME and SAFELY, I'm fine with whichever rolling stock is on what line.

When it comes to the (R) I agree with ya! I'm currently taking the (R) train every Tuesday , Wednesday , and Thursday for 5 weeks because I'm in a teen film making program and as slow as the (R) already is. It doesn't matter what it runs.

I dont know why you would choose R46 over R160. The old models are noticeably rockier and feels a lot dirtier because it is. There is often garbage on them. The R160s are always clean and a smooth commute plus air conditioning and automatic stops voice and display. Plus the seating arrangements on R160s allow more room.

I also notice that the few weeks recently before the service cuts, the (R) used to operate almost all R160s but after the reductions, almost all are reverted back to R46. Any guesses?

I dont know why you would choose R46 over R160. The old models are noticeably rockier and feels a lot dirtier because it is. There is often garbage on them. The R160s are always clean and a smooth commute plus air conditioning and automatic stops voice and display. Plus the seating arrangements on R160s allow more room.

I also notice that the few weeks recently before the service cuts, the (R) used to operate almost all R160s but after the reductions, almost all are reverted back to R46. Any guesses?

(T)his is why the R46's are still around (N)ot to mention they are bigger cars

Plus GE

I dont know why you would choose R46 over R160.

It's their choice. Let them choose what the please.

The old models are noticeably rockier and feels a lot dirtier because it is. There is often garbage on them.

Not always true. It all depends on the types of passengers the route picks up. Apparently you haven't been on the (E) at 10 in the evening when all the skells come out.

The R160s are always clean and a smooth commute plus air conditioning and automatic stops voice and display.

Again the cleanliness of the car is all on the passenger. As for the ride quality and climate control that depends on yard maintenance due to the fact that some yards (like Jamaica Yard) can't maintain their trains for shit.

Plus the seating arrangements on R160s allow more room.

That's really questionable due to the fact that R160s has less seats than the R32-R42 fleet and the fact that R46s are bigger.

Some dum-dum thought that an (F) operator with an R46 would punch the wrong line-up at Broadway and Lafayette Street and go through Chrystie Street so they decided to make the (F) 99% R160 again.

Ah. haha Earlier this year, statistics said that the (R) train was the most unsanitory train. The (F) was given an F in grade since it was always late to its schedule. I dont have the links but I recall.

Yeah...from what I remember in the news the (M) got that and they also mentioned how it's not going to be fun with those cars packed and I ride the (M) daily and they aren't the cleanest R160s around.

Ah. haha Earlier this year, statistics said that the (R) train was the most unsanitory train. The (F) was given an F in grade since it was always late to its schedule. I dont have the links but I recall.

The (F) was reported to be the most unreliable subway line out of the entire subway system in 2009, being on time 76.2% of the time. I believe frequency was addressed in the (F) report that was released in the fall.

The (F) was reported to be the most unreliable subway line out of the entire subway system in 2009, being on time 76.2% of the time. I believe frequency was addressed in the (F) report that was released in the fall.

Interesting, the (F) seems to be the most frequent 6th Ave service when I ride it, usually a few of those will go before I get on my (;) or (D) trains, especially on weekends when usually 2-3 (F)s will go before my (D) arrives.

Interesting, the (F) seems to be the most frequent 6th Ave service when I ride it, usually a few of those will go before I get on my (;) or (D) trains, especially on weekends when usually 2-3 (F)s will go before my (D) arrives.

While the rush hour headways for the (F) are every four minutes at most, the length of the line has to be taken into factor.

That's really questionable due to the fact that R160s has less seats than the R32-R42 fleet and the fact that R46s are bigger.

I meant overall space including standee space. lol The way the R32 and R44 seating is arranged there is less standee space. A crowded R44 feels waay more crowded than R160

I meant overall space including standee space. lol The way the R32 and R44 seating is arranged there is less standee space. A crowded R44 feels waay more crowded than R160

Maybe because ignorant people won't bother moving into the train and just crowd around the doors.

Archived